YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 744529 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#241  January 15, 2021, 07:03:08 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I have a question. Something that keeps me awake during nights. SO forget the war about Shun'ei and Mikun and Kyo and such:

ARE LUONG AND GANG-IL AN OPEN MINDED COUPLE? The way she speaks to Kim(and so many others) and Gang not being bothered...they seem to be swingers @_@.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#242  January 15, 2021, 07:06:52 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Shun'ei is just what happens when you open up Soul Calibur creation mode, hit random all, and just go with it.

Just like all of Yu-Gi-Oh! main characters!

____

I like Shun'ei, I don't mind his design being heavily inspired on Persona. I don't think it clashes with KoF, a 20 year old franchise is bound to have radically different character designs over time, especially when it goes ham on troupes and archetypes. Barring Garou outfit Terry looks pretty much like the same american stereotype he ever was, and I doubt someone cared about him clashing with the sci-fi aesthetic of K' in KoF 2000 (or the sci-fi aesthetic of K' clashing with the design of the classic 90s characters).

Character designs are bound to be loved and hated by people with different tastes. Its just like clothes or music. I cringe to death when I read people trying to use arguments to make their opinions look like "facts" rooted in objective criticism (positive or negative). An superficial opinion its naturally subjective. Its okay for people not to like how a character looks, just like its okay for other people to like it.

Besides, Shun'ei plays super smooth but you guys would not know that because you are too busy counting how many colors and belts he has :)
#243  January 15, 2021, 07:18:05 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I have a question. Something that keeps me awake during nights. SO forget the war about Shun'ei and Mikun and Kyo and such:

ARE LUONG AND GANG-IL AN OPEN MINDED COUPLE? The way she speaks to Kim(and so many others) and Gang not being bothered...they seem to be swingers @_@.

Dunno, but I'm sure Luong is just teasing Kim cuz he's super traditional and all :P.

Besides, Shun'ei plays super smooth but you guys would not know that because you are too busy counting how many colors and belts he has :)

You do you darlin' :)
#244  January 15, 2021, 07:22:16 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Tbh I think if they took away Shun’s headphones and chain and rolled down his other paint leg he would look pretty decent.
#245  January 15, 2021, 07:23:49 pm
  • hecc
Shun'ei is just what happens when you open up Soul Calibur creation mode, hit random all, and just go with it.

Just like all of Yu-Gi-Oh! main characters!

only post 5ds Era starting with Zexal. Aside from the weird multicolored hair the protags tend to have (Except for the one in my profile which I assumed you chose to call this series out because of it, which I dont know why because Judai has the most normal hair out of all them.) The design elements on on their outfits fit the setting of their respective series.

things really didn't start getting dumb until after Zexal and thats because 5ds was the last one the original creator, Kazuki Takahashi, had any involvement with
(I did not expect a KOF thread to be the place where I'd have explain deep yugioh lore)
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:29:24 pm by JudaiZX
#246  January 15, 2021, 07:28:05 pm
    • USA

I got no issue with his gameplay really — much like I enjoy Marvel vs Capcom Infinite’s gameplay.

But much like MVC Infinite, Shun’ei’s gameplay, for me, isn’t great enough to make up for the other flaws he has. MVCI plays great but it doesn’t keep me from being disappointed in the game’s... everything else.

Shun has potential. It just feels like they aren’t acting on it. In terms of gameplay, it’s great that he plays good! In terms of lore and story and world building, I’m not invested in him whatsoever.
#247  January 15, 2021, 07:29:25 pm
    • Brazil
Okay, this comparison is pure bullshit. You're talking about Shun'ei's powers as if they're something ridiculous,

No, I'm actually not. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Yes, you are. You purposely omitted the powers from all other characters' descriptions, while mentioning Shun'ei's as if he is an outlier, which he isn't. Your comparison is flawed, to say the least.
#248  January 15, 2021, 07:38:25 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
The design elements on on their outfits fit the setting of their respective series.
Just like the design elements of the outfits of the KoF protagonists fit the setting of their respective sagas :P nice, you get it.
And by no means I'm against Yu-Gi-Oh! character design. I'm totally okay with Yugi sometimes looking like a bdsm enthusiast with a jacket over his shoulder

(I did not expect a KOF thread to be the place where I'd have explain deep yugioh lore)
deep yugioh lore lmao
#249  January 15, 2021, 07:44:41 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Okay, this comparison is pure bullshit. You're talking about Shun'ei's powers as if they're something ridiculous,

No, I'm actually not. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Yes, you are. You purposely omitted the powers from all other characters' descriptions, while mentioning Shun'ei's as if he is an outlier, which he isn't. Your comparison is flawed, to say the least.

First of all, I was mentioning his lore not his specific powers. His leaks described him so as well as the official bio so don't expect me to make further explanations on that.
&
Also, becuz that's literally the only visual aspect that is remotely recognizable...?
Devil hands coming out of thin air... DEVIL POWERS?! Huh, go figure.

And how else am I supposed to describe a aesthetically clueless design that matches no realistic counterparts except for describing his specifically tailored lore?

Trust me.
As a South Korean who has lived/visited both Korea, China and Japan I know that is not how Chinese high school students wear.

If you told me that Shun's design was based off of a Chinese high school student, I'd assume you've never even been near a Chinese high school or matter of fact any East Asian high school or you are in fact delusional.

That is something you'd see a police officer wear on the streets.
They don't dye their hair teal nor do they allow such street wears in a strictly government supervised school.

Get your facts straight.
#250  January 15, 2021, 08:50:27 pm
Devil hands coming out of thin air... DEVIL POWERS?! Huh, go figure.
Devil hands are not a thing (except for idle playthings). I have no idea where you picked up that expression. Giant floating hands would sooner make me think of a puppeteer (inverted in Shun'ei's case, he's the puppeteer, the hands are the puppets), or the Smash Bros boss, or a Jojo Stand. Not the devil.

edit - in fact, Shun'ei looks like he's a step away from being a goth kid who has giant puppet hands as a power and he's the one dressing them up to pretend they're demonic.

And how else am I supposed to describe a aesthetically clueless design that matches no realistic counterparts except for describing his specifically tailored lore?
Right, tell us you've never seen an angsty teen wear headphones and a jacket over the shoulders and unkempt shirt and pants with a chain. Go on.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:25:37 pm by Byakko
#251  January 15, 2021, 09:09:51 pm
    • USA
A few team-ups I want to see:

* Luong replacing Xanadu in the Korea Team; with her having Chang and Choi to fit that timeless "female boss crook and two dumb henchmen" trio that has existed since Yatterman.
* Kim and one of his sons alongside Alice Chrysler as a fighter. Maybe Kim Sue-Il could get in there too.
* Jeanne joining the Another World team to replace Love Heart, who's owners closed in 2019. Maybe we could get Cham-Cham in if we wanted a bigger shake-up. Perhaps Nakoruru could even bring over Rimururu/Rera? Not TOO many SamSho characters; the series is now once again active.
* For Shermie? Either New Faces or Orochi Ladies could work.
* A "wrestling team" with Raiden/Big Bear, Red Dragon/Gandhara, and Angel. Maybe work in Tizoc?
* At least one team of all-new characters.
* Alternatively, put Tizoc, Zarina, and Angel on one team for South America.
* The "Tales of Ash" team with Elizabeth, Ash, and Shen Woo.
* American Sports Team make a proper return, even with members shifted around.
* A "Junior Southtown Team" with the likes of Alfred Airhawk, Tsugumi Sendoh, and Li Xiangfei in its ranks.
#252  January 15, 2021, 09:36:52 pm
    • USA
Right, tell us you've never seen an angsty teen wear headphones and a jacket over the shoulders and unkempt shirt and pants with a chain. Go on.

I’ve seen angsty teens with headphones and unkempt clothes but never with chains and jacket capes. It also doesn’t help Shun’ei’s color scheme makes him look less angsty and more “unironically ironically edgy”.

I’ve never seen anyone quite like him. At least with the other characters I can believe a lot of their attires. Shun’ei looks like someone who has never cosplayed before, trying to cosplay.

His design could work if his colors matched better. Maybe remove the jacket. Idk.
#253  January 15, 2021, 11:19:30 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
When it comes down to shun'ei design I wish his dlc costume was the default, especially taking into consideration what the rest of his team in 14 looked like.
#254  January 16, 2021, 12:17:40 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

As a South Korean who has lived/visited both Korea, China and Japan I know that is not how Chinese high school students wear.

If you told me that Shun's design was based off of a Chinese high school student, I'd assume you've never even been near a Chinese high school or matter of fact any East Asian high school or you are in fact delusional.

Maybe is just his outfit and not something school related. But if that's the HARD part for you, then I remind I'm from Spain and we're not stuck in the XVIII(18) Century as Resident Evil 4 seems to state(even earth based streets, maaaan), nor we all are toreros like Lawrence Blood, Miguel Caballero or Vega. Also, another character who's indeed Spanish and seems no one to notice is Earthquake, from SamSho. During the year when the action takes place, that of America was part of Spain.

I mean, don't get offended by ONE character. We here in Spain have plenty of characters to get offended of and no one is crying :/.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#255  January 16, 2021, 12:40:11 am
    • USA

Maybe is just his outfit and not something school related. But if that's the HARD part for you, then I remind I'm from Spain and we're not stuck in the XVIII(18) Century as Resident Evil 4 seems to state(even earth based streets, maaaan), nor we all are toreros like Lawrence Blood, Miguel Caballero or Vega. Also, another character who's indeed Spanish and seems no one to notice is Earthquake, from SamSho. During the year when the action takes place, that of America was part of Spain.

I mean, don't get offended by ONE character. We here in Spain have plenty of characters to get offended of and no one is crying :/.

I don’t think he’s offended. I think he’s just pointing out that Shun’s outfit doesn’t really make sense or reflect him and his background whereas other characters appear to have outfits that fit them better.

Shun’ei doesn’t look like a traditional Chinese student or acolyte so it’s just odd why he’s dressed that way.
#256  January 16, 2021, 01:06:07 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
its not so much traditional student as it is "student if they were part of a persona-like anime game." it looks stupid. kollossonis argument that its "out of place" is dumb, but he does look stupid
#257  January 16, 2021, 02:36:31 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
i probably wouldn't say a persona like game, since they usually look like actual students in those kinds of games. if anything shun'ei is dressed more like the usual japanese chuni students who so desperately want to stand out that they have convinced themselves they have hidden knowledge or secret powers.
#258  January 16, 2021, 03:29:48 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

Haha, no need to worry. I'm not offended by a mere character's design. It'd be a petty thing to be if I was.

I'm simply annoyed at how a character can look so ridiculously clueless from a design point of view.
Some people may like his design and aesthetics, but personally, I find it off putting and distracting to say the least.
#259  January 16, 2021, 07:24:41 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
This video might bring up some solid points about the Shun'ei discussion:

(pretty good channel in general, btw)
Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:28:15 am by NDSilva
#260  January 16, 2021, 07:35:19 am
    • Mexico
I must be immune to Shun'ei's bad design then. I don't think it's that bad. Not worse than say fucking Lin or Shion or something.