YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 620167 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Susan Sarandon's WIP thread: Genjuro Kibagami
#81  May 08, 2020, 01:26:41 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Rose
#82  May 08, 2020, 01:39:55 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Yeah there was a lot with Varo's that was odd like the overlapping commands and damage output, but I did like the Soul Satellite super choice, so I'm glad to hear you'll do the same.

Do you also plan to put up a Pal Template? I wish you did that with Blanka aswell.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#83  May 08, 2020, 02:00:09 am
Good to see you back Karma.

Looking forward to Rose.
People at the discord were posting a program or a page like that, that automates inbetween frames.
I'll post the link to the thread in the main MFG discord so lets hope someone responds.

I have also found a bug with Blanka, when you  hit him during his level 3 the whole effect like the FX will remain on him.
When the issue happened I hit him with a hadouken by Ryu.
Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:13:59 am by PeXXeR

DW

#84  May 08, 2020, 02:50:02 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You might be better off using something like... Chun-Li's projectile and coloring the frames different colors to emulate how Roses projectile changes colors.
#85  May 08, 2020, 02:57:09 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I see that another PotS styled rose is in the works. Hoping to see progress soon
#86  May 09, 2020, 12:35:32 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Have I've been summoned? Did what missed in the sheet(already noted by 2Dee), but finally decided to take it. I've been having eye/concentration problems and that's why I'm a bit rusty, so it's time for a comeback. I've already started to translate stuff from SF4/Omega. A bit rusty, but guess it's enough for a re-start:

Also, rethinking the run(maybe a fast floating instead of what I did, similar to her run in SF4) and the powercharge. I'm open to ideas!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#87  May 09, 2020, 10:02:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
I was thinking one of the victory animations from SFIV for the powercharge, but they weren't that great. I'd say something like she holds out her arms like she's holding two orbs up in the air, or something M. Bison related, since she was his good side before he basically threw it all away for the Psycho Power, if I recall.

Also, nice to see you back, Karma!
#88  May 09, 2020, 02:33:44 pm
That's great, Knuckles, but I thought to convert it for a winpose. I'm thinking in:

- floating surrounded with orbs. Kinda as that Athena's attack, but maybe a bit stupid.
- Rescuing stuff from SFZ intro. Still undecided between these two:
or

Or even converting this in a charge too, adding arms and hair movement(as Dictator's in CvS):

#89  May 09, 2020, 04:31:50 pm
Rose with them Jojo poses :D

If it were me I would go with something like this
#90  May 09, 2020, 10:16:41 pm
    • Germany
Do you also plan to put up a Pal Template? I wish you did that with Blanka aswell.
Maybe when the .sff is done. Blanka's template was not posted because I did not make color separation.

People at the discord were posting a program or a page like that, that automates inbetween frames.
I'll post the link to the thread in the main MFG discord so lets hope someone responds.
Damn, please hit me up about it.
I have also found a bug with Blanka, when you  hit him during his level 3 the whole effect like the FX will remain on him.
Yeah, I think I fixed it but since then I've switched computers so I'll have to see if the file I have is the most updated one or the one live. Anyway, I have plans or doing major updates for my characters once the fifth character is released.
You might be better off using something like... Chun-Li's projectile and coloring the frames different colors to emulate how Roses projectile changes colors.
I think I'll have to take your advice because this fx issue is driving me nuts. I've tried to make the inbetween frames myself to no result. I might use Chuns or Morrigan. Dunno.
I see that another PotS styled rose is in the works. Hoping to see progress soon
Is going slow cause of distance schooling but yeah.
Have I've been summoned? Did what missed in the sheet(already noted by 2Dee), but finally decided to take it. I've been having eye/concentration problems and that's why I'm a bit rusty, so it's time for a comeback. I've already started to translate stuff from SF4/Omega. A bit rusty, but guess it's enough for a re-start:
You say you're rusty but your modern frames are actually cleaner than before. I guess that's what so many years of practice do to a spriter. Props to your talent <3 I might also reuse that frame to make parry or alpha counter in order to have some variety.
I was thinking one of the victory animations from SFIV for the powercharge, but they weren't that great. I'd say something like she holds out her arms like she's holding two orbs up in the air, or something M. Bison related, since she was his good side before he basically threw it all away for the Psycho Power, if I recall.

Also, nice to see you back, Karma!
That's great, Knuckles, but I thought to convert it for a winpose. I'm thinking in:

- floating surrounded with orbs. Kinda as that Athena's attack, but maybe a bit stupid.
- Rescuing stuff from SFZ intro. Still undecided between these two:
or
Unless it's a subtle float I might suggest to stick with option two.

Or even converting this in a charge too, adding arms and hair movement(as Dictator's in CvS):
This pose tho... With closed eyes it would fit so much.

#91  May 12, 2020, 03:26:54 am

I might also reuse that frame to make parry or alpha counter in order to have some variety.

Thanks man. From now on I'll keep the sprites in my wip topic, so I won't derail yours. Also, in SF4Omega, Rose's Soul passing acts like a counter while stealing energy from the rival if it's useful for you.
#92  May 12, 2020, 06:19:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I think the in between tool everyone's been trying out recently is Dain-app.

for a lot of sprite animations, the increased fluidity is frequently pretty seamless; though it can also look a bit odd, because pixel art in general is constructed and timed specifically for the limited amount of frames that they have.

But for sprite effects, and specifically an effect like Rose's projectile, I don't think that problem is much of an issue. I guess it really all depends on what the program spits out, though.
#93  May 12, 2020, 03:46:49 pm
    • Germany
Thanks man. From now on I'll keep the sprites in my wip topic, so I won't derail yours. Also, in SF4Omega, Rose's Soul passing acts like a counter while stealing energy from the rival if it's useful for you.
Allright, but do not be afraid of posting in here :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2i6FXVjNT0[/youtube]
for a lot of sprite animations, the increased fluidity is frequently pretty seamless; though it can also look a bit odd, because pixel art in general is constructed and timed specifically for the limited amount of frames that they have.

But for sprite effects, and specifically an effect like Rose's projectile, I don't think that problem is much of an issue. I guess it really all depends on what the program spits out, though.
Thanks a lot for sharing de app Jmorphman.

However, the app sadly requieres drivers only for nvidia graphics cards. I'm an AMD user so I'm fucked.

Is there any kind soul capable of running CUDA 5.0 or higher available to help me our with this?

Also, yesterday I've finished coding the skeleton of all of Rose's specials. Today I'll be converting her effects into HQ and after that I'll be doing intros/win poses. I'll post an beta after that.
#94  May 12, 2020, 04:25:03 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Allright, but do not be afraid of posting in here :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2i6FXVjNT0[/youtube]

Thanks a lot for sharing de app Jmorphman.

However, the app sadly requieres drivers only for nvidia graphics cards. I'm an AMD user so I'm fucked.

Is there any kind soul capable of running CUDA 5.0 or higher available to help me our with this?

Also, yesterday I've finished coding the skeleton of all of Rose's specials. Today I'll be converting her effects into HQ and after that I'll be doing intros/win poses. I'll post an beta after that.
I have an nvidia card and a decently beefy cpu, I could give it a shot. Shoot me a PM.
#95  May 13, 2020, 06:49:31 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I see you're building your own Rose.
#96  May 13, 2020, 08:26:19 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
On the ball as always, uche
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#97  May 15, 2020, 04:03:06 am
    • USA
I'm going to download it anyways, so let's see how this Rose improves over all others.
#98  May 19, 2020, 09:45:09 pm
    • Germany
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a3vgrjdn3ojnvxk/Rose.rar/file
^Here's Rose beta. It's only halfway there but I think you can test some of her core gameplay.

She's missing ex specials, supers, taunt, an intro, two win poses, damage dampening, adjusting special effects, a couple of sounds that are going to be provided by RagingRowen who's also going to fix the volume on the sound files, and AI.

My take on Rose is making a character that spikes in power when having meter. There's two oddities that Rose has that other characters on this system don't. You can Super Cancel into Custom Combo (compensating for the loss of Soul Illusion) and you have a window to combo into a knockdown when Alpha Countering with Punch.

I hope you like it
#99  May 19, 2020, 11:07:39 pm
Good to see you posting it here as well.
I really enjoy playing with her even now when shes not finished.
#100  May 20, 2020, 07:18:32 am
    • USA
YOU REMOVED ROSE'S SOUL ILLUSION?!?!?! o_O