YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 997911 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson
#361  May 23, 2021, 07:06:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#362  May 23, 2021, 08:30:43 pm
  • No guts No glory..
Kof 2002 B, C, D:

And some customs based on XIV:

1-K9999(KOF 2001)

2-Mexico

3-Shermie(KOF 97)

4-Yoruichi(Bleach)

5-La Diabla Custome(KOF XIV)

Nice job, guys. 2k2 D Palette is a classic, and the Yoruichi one is very creative, I really like it.

this wip took my atention, will do  that animation.....

Wow! Thank you so much!

Here's a .rar file with the frames and the references:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k1mo32reotrqjeh/5MK_%252B_Twirl.rar/file

There's also 5 frames from the twirl animation from KoF 2k2 UM. If it isn't too much to ask, would you also convert them? They were absent on every file I found of your Angel sprites. They're already resized to match the proportions of yours too.
Again, thank you so much! :)

I Will make them right away...hope yo have them done In. A week or two
#363  May 23, 2021, 08:55:49 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Some more palettes, hope it's helpful.
All are customs.

#364  May 24, 2021, 01:57:32 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#365  May 25, 2021, 04:16:37 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Aw man, Angel being made by you makes me both excited and terrified lmao. She's my favorite female design in the series even though I've never played her, but I'm interested in seeing how you handle her. Got a whopping amount of palettes made for her, hope you like them! https://imgur.com/a/pcvnovW
#366  May 25, 2021, 03:31:26 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I Will make them right away...hope yo have them done In. A week or two

Thanks a lot, man :)

Some more palettes, hope it's helpful.
All are customs.

Thanks for the palettes, guys :)

Aw man, Angel being made by you makes me both excited and terrified lmao. She's my favorite female design in the series even though I've never played her, but I'm interested in seeing how you handle her. Got a whopping amount of palettes made for her, hope you like them! https://imgur.com/a/pcvnovW

Hoooly, you went berserk with the palette making!

I get you on being terrified. I usually design my characters with clear glaring weaknesses in mind, and she does have a fair amount of them. She doesn't have any good reversal, hence her wake up game its either jab o throw; she also has very bad buttons overall, which makes her lose hard to characters with good buttons that can create space. However... The natural mixup nature of her kit is proving to be very strong! In testing her damage has been outstanding and she's not even using meter! So yeah, I expect her to be terrifying, especially if someone from the Ikemen Go tourney scene decides to pick her up for a metagame centralized around CvSesque/PotS characters.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the support, guys :)
#367  June 01, 2021, 05:11:37 pm
    • Germany
Hey guys, what's up? Dropping by to talk about Angel's progress.

She's nearly done! She's missing:

- Revise Sound Design (add echo to the K.O. samples, increase if the volume to match CvS2).
- EX Specials (she only has two!)
- Unchain Special Twirl.
- The Reversal supers.

Everything else is done! Past week was crazy busy at work, so I only managed to code both versions of Loyalty Test for Liberalists and her lvl 3. Those need a fair amount of testing, especially the lvl 3, as it was done yesterday. Speaking of, I had a hard time deciding if it was better to go for the 2K2 approach (it can be performed when connecting the reversals) or the UM approach (its done against lie down opponents). I the end I think that 2002 UM fits Angel's wrestling theme better than OG, being a show off move performed on an opponent that its essentially selling on the ground. I was also reluctant on making her LVL3 consume only two bars, since otherwise it couldn't work on POTS system.

In the end, Angel level 3 does a big chunk of damage on a lied down opponent. Here's the catch: Angel has only two hard knockdown moves to use this Super effectively (remember that my characters are balanced around Jman's and my characters, and they all can safe fall). Because of this, you either have to gamble on your opponent not teching his fall, or use it only after either 421+K or 66+K Unchained Finisher. Note that you can't combo into 66+K, and while you can combo into 421+K, you can only do it from Jab at extremely close range because the range on the command grab is pathetic.

With the combo supers done, it was also possible to establish Angel's identity even further. As anyone familiar with her would know, she's a blockstring monster with insane mixups and very good damage. I tried to design an unique dynamic regarding her damage. While most characters scale hard their combo damage with meter, Angel scaling is not as good. Let's compare with graphics. These two tables represent Jmorphman's King and my Angel correlation between meter and damage.

(the damage values were taken from both characters performing their most optimal combos without involving Custom Combo. These involve King starting from cl.5+HK, and Angel starting from 214+P at point blank.

As you guys can see, while Angel starts higher with a stronger meterless BnB, King scales harder outperforming Angel's 3 bar damage with only two bars. This creates an extra layer of decision making while playing Angel: sometimes you'll want to burn your meter on the combos ASAP because you value having the damage done. Sometimes you'll want to save the meter because she really benefits from having Alpha Counter to cover for her extremely bad neutral game.

Anyway, this is it for the day. I'm expecting a release in about a week. I hope you guys are hyped.
#368  June 01, 2021, 05:47:57 pm
That looks very interesting, just goes to show how much time and effort you put into your work.
Great stuff.

I on paper agree with the damage values that you have and King is a good reference, however I belive this can be tested further as king's commands are easier then Angel's.
I just red the whole thing again and it makes way more sense to me now.

Looking forward to the release.
Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:11:27 pm by PeXXeR
#369  June 01, 2021, 05:57:58 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Would you mind if I tamper with the sound like I usually do?
Are you breaking back to your other characters after her?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#370  June 01, 2021, 06:40:37 pm
    • Germany
That looks very interesting, just goes to show how much time and effort you put into your work.
Great stuff.

I on paper agree with the damage values that you have and King is a good reference, however I belive this can be tested further as king's commands are easier then Angel's.
I just red the whole thing again and it makes way more sense to me now.

Looking forward to the release.

Thanks PeX :)

Would you mind if I tamper with the sound like I usually do?
Are you breaking back to your other characters after her?
Don't worry about the sounds :) I got the hang at using Audacity as of late. About my other characters... Welp, there's another person planning on commissioning me after Angel. Since I'm focusing on her, I still haven't had the time to focus 100% on the logistics of the commission to know if it's totally doable or not. If I end up taking another commission, the focus will be once again on that.

However, since Ash final sprites are being worked on as of late, I will go back to finish him up soon. I also want to jump on Rugal. Base mode is nearly done, only missing his lvl 3 Super, but Omega and God modes haven't been started just yet.

I also been working on Jedah on the sides, but I really don't want to talk that much about that.
#371  June 01, 2021, 07:12:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I'm impressed by so much analysis.
The result can only be perfect. :)
#372  June 02, 2021, 06:11:58 pm
Not sure why an Omega mode is necessary for Rugal, dont get me wrong I love O Rugal but I feel god and base is plenty fine.

Is this an issue with the CVS sprites lacking moves ?
#373  June 02, 2021, 06:24:28 pm
    • Germany
There are no issues haha, I just haven't started neither Omega nor God mode. But both modes and 100% in and both have all the necessary sprites!
#374  June 02, 2021, 06:56:18 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
i made some tests with angel pal
see it, feel free to use if like anyone

Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:21:09 pm by Mastertkof
#375  June 02, 2021, 09:19:50 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
What exactly do you have planned for N. Rugal's Level 3?
Will you take something out of Omega's movelist like what ReddBrink did?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#376  June 03, 2021, 06:05:35 pm
    • Germany
What exactly do you have planned for N. Rugal's Level 3?
Will you take something out of Omega's movelist like what ReddBrink did?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Alright, made lots of progress these past two days. Angel is now only missing:

* Make a new EXPLODsive command for B, DP motion.
* Sound design.
* Midnight Bliss.

Expect her very soon.
#377  June 03, 2021, 07:34:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Hype! To know angel will finally have her turn !

about Midnight bliss, perhaps Xenomic can help you find one.
Since he's really into midnight blisses and other female destruction.
He might have some ready to use.
#378  June 03, 2021, 08:44:06 pm
    • USA
I'm pretty decent with making palettes but I never made them like this before, do you guys use photoshop or something? I usually make the palettes straight out of fighter factory. I wanna make some palettes for some of these chars, but what do I do?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#379  June 03, 2021, 09:45:47 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

I'm pretty decent with making palettes but I never made them like this before, do you guys use photoshop or something? I usually make the palettes straight out of fighter factory. I wanna make some palettes for some of these chars, but what do I do?

Save the image Karma provided and import it in FF3 advanced palette editor, start editing. Simple as that. ;)
#380  June 04, 2021, 10:15:21 am
    • USA
Ok cool, but where's the image for Angel? I could only find Ash in the original post. You know, the original palette similar to the Ash example?

Nvm, found it. I'll make palettes tomorrow.

Anyways, here's some palettes I made for Ash:

My personal experience with palettes started wayyyyy back in the OG CvS2 color editor days (Shingotink anyone?) that you would save on your PS2 memory card. From those days, there was no color separation, so you really had to compensate with choosing stylish colors and tints as best you can.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:38:08 pm by extravagant