YesNoOk

Rugal_E version 2 released (Read 16491 times)

Started by EvilSlayerX, May 30, 2008, 02:15:35 am
Share this topic:
Rugal_E version 2 released
#1  May 30, 2008, 02:15:35 am
Hello, I am new here.  I am EvilSlayerX5.  Some of you may know me, others may not, and other people simply don't care either way.  I am here to annouce the latest version of my first character, Rugal_E.

Here are some things to remember about him:

1.  He plays nothing like his CvS2, or Warusaki3's Rugal.
2.  His combo ability is much better than most CvS and KoF characters.
3.  Rugal_E is probably a little cheap.
4.  This is my first actual character, and I did this basically all by myself, so there are plenty of things I didn't not notice.
5.  And finally, although feedback is welcome, I don't need to listen to, let alone implement any of it.
6.  And if there is something wrong, try to explain in detail so I know exactly what you mean, okay?

Where do you find him?  At my freewebs site, which is found here: http://www.freewebs.com/evilslayerx5/downloads.htm

Just remember that the download speed of freewebs.com is terrible(Like 26ish KB/s) so the download might take awhile.  Maybe for the next update I'll put the link on Mediafire.

Enjoy.
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:14:45 am by EvilSlayerX
Re: Rugal_E version 1.5
#2  May 30, 2008, 02:20:04 am
  • King of Sona
pics/vids for the people who don't know, do know or simply don't care either way
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#3  May 30, 2008, 02:21:15 am
Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:32:29 am by EvilSlayerX
#4  May 30, 2008, 03:04:04 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
i like the combos!!
but need to look at it technically:P

and video is good, but screenshots are nice too :sugoi:

#5  May 30, 2008, 03:34:54 am
i like the combos!!

Thanks, I did those combos personally by the way.  Most people think an AI will show them how to combo with said character, that or only play as said character for only 5 minutes and judge him/her by that.  Most people don't actually play as said character.
#6  May 30, 2008, 03:54:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
i like the combos!!

Thanks, I did those combos personally by the way.  Most people think an AI will show them how to combo with said character, that or only play as said character for only 5 minutes and judge him/her by that.  Most people don't actually play as said character.

Exacately right on the money my man. I like your thought proccess. I personaly enjoy the comboing. The taunting in the middle is so so because I rather just go at it but it seems to suit your Rugal while adding insult to injury persay.

I like what you've done with the combos. You said you did them personaly how you though they should look and I totaly agree with that. You're more then allowed with Mugen. If people dont like custom, Arcade emulators and/or consoles provide different style of gameplay.

From one aggresive fighter to another, all I have to say is good job :)
#7  May 30, 2008, 03:58:14 am
  • It's the monkey in my pants, isn't it.
-Waaaaay too many NotHitBy codes. I can see Supers and maybe Counters, but the actual Specials? He also has it during his blocking state, which is a big no-no as you can't grab him, a tactic used against turtles.

-Intro for round 2 is unnesscary, to me at least, as he's not activating an anti-cheap mode or gaining anything special. Might be me though.

-Projectile shield's effect looks ugly, at least to me. I like the Reppuken's sprite though, very crisp looking.

-AI is a nice touch, but with the NotHitBy coding in his specials and blocking state, makes it nigh unbeatable as he always cancels out of his dodge into a blocking state.

-Pause time isn't nessecary when he activates his counters, as they always hit the opponent as the fireball tracks the opponent while the throw is unblockable.

-Fireball counter can "errupt" in mid-air, which is very weird looking. Might make it "track" the opponent on just the ground when activated.

-Combo system is nice, but you can deal 1/2 life with a single combo. Might consider a damage dampener.

-Some animations are nice (ground recovery) while some are weird (back-hop). Might work on them a bit more.

Overall, a decent first creation, but could use quite a bit more polish.
Coming soon

Something maybe possibly related to possible maybe Mugen WIP.
#8  May 30, 2008, 04:12:25 am
-Waaaaay too many NotHitBy codes. I can see Supers and maybe Counters, but the actual Specials? He also has it during his blocking state, which is a big no-no as you can't grab him, a tactic used against turtles.

-Intro for round 2 is unnesscary, to me at least, as he's not activating an anti-cheap mode or gaining anything special. Might be me though.

-Projectile shield's effect looks ugly, at least to me. I like the Reppuken's sprite though, very crisp looking.

-AI is a nice touch, but with the NotHitBy coding in his specials and blocking state, makes it nigh unbeatable as he always cancels out of his dodge into a blocking state.

-Pause time isn't nessecary when he activates his counters, as they always hit the opponent as the fireball tracks the opponent while the throw is unblockable.

-Fireball counter can "errupt" in mid-air, which is very weird looking. Might make it "track" the opponent on just the ground when activated.

-Combo system is nice, but you can deal 1/2 life with a single combo. Might consider a damage dampener.

-Some animations are nice (ground recovery) while some are weird (back-hop). Might work on them a bit more.

Ah, did you get version 1.5 or version .95?  Version .95 is the broken one, I'm not working on that version anymore actually, should I remove that link or not?  I mean the nothitby's on block for states 150-154 to prevent being thrown while in blockstun, I might have done it for states 120-160 instead.

Thats the Dark Barrier recolored actually, and I'm not a very good graphics guy at all, so I might have done a bad done at that.

Never thought of adding anything special for the second mode or a true boss mode actually.

In version 1.5, one of the versions of the Flame Barrier sends a projectile on contact with a projectile or a player, just to let you know. 

He does have a damage dampener actually, but one of the aerial specials deals a ton of damage to aerial foes, which makes the combo that strong.

I'm not a spriter, but what did you have in mind for the back hop?

Polish?  What do you mean by that?

Exacately right on the money my man. I like your thought proccess. I personaly enjoy the comboing. The taunting in the middle is so so because I rather just go at it but it seems to suit your Rugal while adding insult to injury persay.

I like what you've done with the combos. You said you did them personaly how you though they should look and I totaly agree with that. You're more then allowed with Mugen. If people dont like custom, Arcade emulators and/or consoles provide different style of gameplay.

From one aggresive fighter to another, all I have to say is good job :)

Thanks.  And if people want accurate stuff, they shouldn't expect it from me, nor should they attack me for such a thing.

Rugal_E actually has some of Heidern's voice clips in too(Like the basic attack grunt sounds), since they are voiced by the same person.  And I think the taunt means in English: "Your next".
Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:20:50 am by EvilSlayerX
#9  May 30, 2008, 04:46:32 am
Excesively cheap char  :ninja:
#10  May 30, 2008, 04:50:41 am

Um, right...  Care to elaborate without trying to attack me?  Version .95 is terribly broken, but version 1.5 is not.  Or, better idea: Give me one reason why(without flaming) I shouldn't just completely ignore you Ohsky.
#11  May 30, 2008, 05:27:02 am
  • It's the monkey in my pants, isn't it.

Ah, did you get version 1.5 or version .95?  Version .95 is the broken one, I'm not working on that version anymore actually, should I remove that link or not?  I mean the nothitby's on block for states 150-154 to prevent being thrown while in blockstun, I might have done it for states 120-160 instead.

Thats the Dark Barrier recolored actually, and I'm not a very good graphics guy at all, so I might have done a bad done at that.

Never thought of adding anything special for the second mode or a true boss mode actually.

In version 1.5, one of the versions of the Flame Barrier sends a projectile on contact with a projectile or a player, just to let you know. 

He does have a damage dampener actually, but one of the aerial specials deals a ton of damage to aerial foes, which makes the combo that strong.

I'm not a spriter, but what did you have in mind for the back hop?

Polish?  What do you mean by that?

-I got version 1.5, as it's obviously the newest version out. :P
-Yeah I noticed it was just a recolored Dark Barrier with a few tweaks, but the color makes it look ugly, in comparision to the CvS2 version.
-I noticed he has a damage dampener, but comboing the God Press (by the AI) seemed to do a huge amount of damage. Might have been a one-time thing however.
-I think the main thing about backhop is he has after images in his dash, but not in his backhop. You might consider his backflip/ground recover sprites though, as some characters in various games have a "backflip" instead of "backhop"
-What I meant by polish was he was a solid character, lacked a significant amount of balancing. With the right balancing, it'd be a worthy addition to most peoples rosters, but that's just me.
Coming soon

Something maybe possibly related to possible maybe Mugen WIP.
#12  May 30, 2008, 05:43:32 am
Overall, I'd say it's looking pretty good. I agree with LaQuak about his comboing potential, but I think some more damage reduction is in order. The higher the combo chain goes, the less damage each attack does. On a personal note, the ability to catch a juggled opponent with a Gigantic Pressure special strikes as a little odd. Perhaps a little too close to the realms of - "Oh hi there exploitable!"

One other thing I noticed - His F+HK appears to be an infinite when the opponent is in the corner. I was easily able to pull off a 40+ combo using only this attack.
#13  May 30, 2008, 05:54:52 am
Okay, just want to make sure.  How would I recolor the Fire Barrier so it doesn't look so weird?  Look closely at the super meter, the AI can and will use supers in combos, the AI can deal like around 60% of your life with a full super meter.  Which backdash, air or ground, or both of them?  I can try to balance the character out as well.

I'm thinking of giving him a groove system now as well by the way.

The God Press hits aerial foes so that it can be used in combos, it's air blockable too.

And I believe the foe can recover before the next F+HK attack hits.
#14  May 30, 2008, 12:10:27 pm

Um, right...  Care to elaborate without trying to attack me?  Version .95 is terribly broken, but version 1.5 is not.  Or, better idea: Give me one reason why(without flaming) I shouldn't just completely ignore you Ohsky.

i see you wat too oversensitive, im not attacking you. A cheap char usually means too overpowered. This one u have done is by far the one of the most overpowered chars i have ever seen. So i can´t use it for anything....

What that means is that my suggestion is that you can make it as normal powered, as the other Rugals out there, but with your style, nothing more. Understood, or not?.
#15  May 30, 2008, 03:36:21 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Will test the character later, but just from the video :

- palette is too bright.
- power charge lacks effects.
- you mixed CVS and KOF effects, try to stick to only one style.
- From the video, the combos seem unbalanced because the damage dampener is not efficient enough on the first hits I guess.

Of course, I'd have to test all that to confirm, and add some reall feedback.
#16  May 30, 2008, 03:40:56 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Using the sf sparks (dunno witch game) just looks wrong on a char that is original from a snk game :gonkgoi:
My shitty mugen stuff:
#17  May 30, 2008, 06:07:07 pm
Ohsky- I believe you are overreacting to a character that is able to do 50% combos, you seem to be hypocritical since you like Ascended Mugen characters, but dislike what I do.

Cybaster- How is a bright palette such a bad thing anyways?  And where would I get CvS2 power charge effects anyways?  That logic that mixing effects should be avoided at all costs seems to be really silly if you ask me, I don't get how that is bad at all.  Actually the problem actually is the fact that one of his aerial specials is very overpowered if used against foes in midair, resulting in a higher than normal damage combo.

Anjei- The sparks are from SFIII actually, but again I don't get the reason why that is so bad I should avoid it at all costs.
#18  May 30, 2008, 07:39:14 pm
  • there r no pretty girls in naruto, just HAWT HAKU
mmkay so some of my honest to goodness feedback:

- this is very minor anyway = Ugly large portrait is ugly

- The Palette has a HUGE lack of shading, making it look ugly and eye hurtingly bright.

- Backdash has too much Backdash (HALF THE SCREEN)

- REppuken needs lag and a longer recovery time... its really cheap with how it is as of now. I can easily kill any char with Corner reppuken spam, kinda like SSF2T Hadouken spam but worse..

- You don't need that LONG super pauses for a super pause. Something like half a second or less super pause is often enough..

- Whats with having to tap 2 buttons after a command motion just for a super that costs only 1 energy stock? it just doesn't feel right and it makes it a little more hassling to do combos with supers...

- also, GG based combos are a GATLING based, basically its p.k.s.hs thing... in this case, a proper GG esque gatling based chain combo system can be lp,lk,strong punch/strong kick or lk,lp, strong punch/strong kick. Also, if you want the combo system to be more GG-ish, add Jump cancelling to certain normal attacks and aerial attacks. (Hopefully you know what Jump cancelling is).

Will comeback with MOAR feedback after further play testing
#19  May 30, 2008, 07:41:10 pm
    • Poland
guys, guys, it's his first character. Be more gentle please  --;
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#20  May 30, 2008, 09:16:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Only change things that really need changing. Feedback is great from other people because 3rd person perspective is great but as far as things like sparks and all that and its just a matter of personal choice.

Dont revamp the character fully because someone dislikes something about, because then it becomes not your character get it. Can't please everybody and never will thats why make something you truly want to.

But again fixing things up that they guys mentioned would be good and improve overall gameplay.