YesNoOk

[GENERAL] (Read 582554 times)

Started by firelord, April 17, 2010, 05:41:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: MK vs. SF - Fight for the Universe
#521  October 30, 2010, 07:50:58 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
I am Working on that i making the VS Logo and different portraits (no sf3 no mk3) something new :o
#522  October 30, 2010, 08:26:26 pm
  • What happens when we sleep?
Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 08:33:45 pm by Hank_Killer
#523  October 30, 2010, 08:33:56 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
why not use Ryon's effect pack...I think it has the tiger shot in hi res...
#524  October 30, 2010, 08:57:11 pm
Are you using which lifebar?
Could you give us a picture of her? :???:
#525  October 30, 2010, 09:01:46 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
why not use Ryon's effect pack...I think it has the tiger shot in hi res...
That's not a bad idea actually.

Also, keep in mind that Sagat's Tiger shot has always looked more like a Boomerang or a Half Moon since its early appearance...and less like all the shoto's "spherical" Hadouken fireballs.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

His SFA effect is still my favorite to this day, because it still holds true to the SF2 classic look, with the little "tail" trail in the back.

I see you used an edited SFA SUPER version of the Tiger shot, which arguably resembles more the "spherical" hadouken fireball look, just remember this is only shown this way in Sagat's SUPER. ;)

Also, I'd like to point out that I don't like how SNK did his regular Tiger shot effects because they look like Megaman X Buster Shots...However, I DID like how they did the SUPER.

Just thought I'd help out with some quick visuals.

Can't wait for Sagat to be done. Keep it up.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#526  October 31, 2010, 07:01:16 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I mentioned it cuz you needed the fireball and Ryon has one which resembles a tiger when shot....unless you know of any hi res effects made as his Tiger(boomerang)shot

MDD

#527  October 31, 2010, 06:21:47 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Alpha tiger shots were beautiful.

Also, his SvC Super was basically him just throwing a Kaiser Wave, since it shares the FX for it.
#528  October 31, 2010, 07:38:11 pm
#529  October 31, 2010, 07:51:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
 ._. :llama:
#530  October 31, 2010, 09:13:40 pm
#531  November 01, 2010, 03:25:36 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
#532  November 01, 2010, 05:08:23 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
 :o
#533  November 01, 2010, 05:33:31 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
 :) Better Here:
#534  November 01, 2010, 05:11:43 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Really liking the progress and effort going into this so far. Keep up the hard, it will pay off. 8)
#535  November 02, 2010, 12:44:12 am
#536  November 02, 2010, 05:53:36 pm
  • Fire needs to be seen more
 :o
Amazing, Marvellous OUTSANDING
I can think of loadz of ways to describe that! I just wanna know when you gonna release it but I absolutly love the part of the secret chars. Are you gonna make a code as in moving around to get them or a way to unlock them I dont know if thats possible MUGEN but it would be good. 5 Stars Nice Job :sugoi:

#537  November 03, 2010, 03:52:48 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
they're not a secret unless you don't let us know who they are...I'd just call them unlockable characters instead
#538  November 03, 2010, 06:23:22 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Hi, guys. Sorry for not posting a lot, but college work has caught up with me.  :P

I just want to express some concern, FireLord, that we might be taking the visual style the wrong way. I'm not entirely sure that the flashy, bright style you've got now is appropriate - if you remember, Proxicide's menu's and whatnot were rather minimalistic, and didn't try to play up the flashy effects. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but I'll show you a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/mk%20vs%20sf%203/duke786/MKvsSF3.jpg

Compare that to what you've done, and I think you'll find a difference. I'm not saying that you have to change it - that's your call.
#539  November 04, 2010, 04:46:49 am
  • An improper mind is a perpetual feast
    • brianjesusdiaz.webs.com
Firelord, I strongly recommend that you guide your project towards your point of interest and where ESFAndy's meet. Just simply imitating the effects of the original flash just means I'm playing a playable version of a sprite flash that becomes ............you know.

You can mimic some of it to a point where it won't bother experts and professional MUGEN contributors too much (I am guessing on my guesstimating calculator), but newbs that sign up everyday will encourage you to "make" a game out of this (UGH!).
I'm on a 5000 calorie diet! :D
#540  November 04, 2010, 05:24:30 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Firelord, I strongly recommend that you guide your project towards your point of interest and where ESFAndy's meet. Just simply imitating the effects of the original flash just means I'm playing a playable version of a sprite flash that becomes ............you know.

You can mimic some of it to a point where it won't bother experts and professional MUGEN contributors too much (I am guessing on my guesstimating calculator), but newbs that sign up everyday will encourage you to "make" a game out of this (UGH!).

--; Okay, two things.

• I'm also involved with this project - I'm the writer. I'm writing all the intros for the characters, and possibly the endings once I'm done (I've only got 5 more characters to do, anyway). So don't put me down as a "newb" just because I haven't posted for bloody ages, okay?  Besides, I signed up a year ago or so, so don't you dare.
  • I wasn't referring to any of the gameplay, but the general menu's of the game compared to the flash. Proxicide had a DVD-menu style thing going on, and Firelord's was more geared toward the flashy effects, which I felt didn't fit the general inspiration. I take Graphics at school, so I should know what I'm on about. But at what point was I trying to force Firelord to change it? Did you see me saying: "OmG UV g0t it a11 wr0Ng lOL"? No? There you go. I understand that he can do what he wants with it, and that if he doesn't want to change it then that's fine by me. All I was doing was contributing, but that doesn't seem to make you happy, does it? Gee, I must have missed the memo that said you can't suggest alternative ideas.

I don't mean to be offensive, and I don't want to argue, but that post just irritated me. Sorry in advance.
Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:29:42 pm by Steel Komodo