YesNoOk

Beam struggle collision (Read 1693 times)

Started by DJMouF, August 22, 2020, 01:59:19 am
Share this topic:
Beam struggle collision
#1  August 22, 2020, 01:59:19 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I've been looking at codes from chars that has beam/projectile struggle codes and it's way more difficult than I thought. If you know anyone who'd like to help with this give me a holler. Or anyone who knows how to make the code simple as possible. Or is it possible to add this code to Pots style characters projectile codes?
Re: Beam struggle collision
#2  August 23, 2020, 10:41:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I take it you want to do an ultra fireball type battle? Where P1 and P2 do their ultras and you tap the buttons to see who wins?
What part(s) are you having trouble with?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  August 23, 2020, 06:35:51 pm
I've been looking at codes from chars that has beam/projectile struggle codes and it's way more difficult than I thought. If you know anyone who'd like to help with this give me a holler. Or anyone who knows how to make the code simple as possible. Or is it possible to add this code to Pots style characters projectile codes?

Wow Wow Wow
Now you want to take it on right?

I have this thought long time ago. but too lazy to code it. since..... Im coding my Misaka and Kuroro.....
this is not just code, this is a framework of a standard.

let me explain what my though

----- a standard that both side need to follow ---
1. P1 move Start
P1 Setup a var with a strange number or set certain bit of the var to 1
3 bits is needed, 1 bit shows this is a Beam struggle , 1 bit shows now P2 can challenge or not. 1 bit shows sync complete start to perform the show
(P1 do the pre-fire movie..... and wait for P2 to challenge)

3. if P1 didn't detect p2 comes up a challenge move with correct var bits are been set, P1 fire beam as normal.....
4. if P1 detect p2 in attack mode and correct var is been set, P1 will stop and wait for P2 to start perform pre-fire movie...
5. after both side did the pre-fire movies... both side set var and 3 bits to 1 means sync complete. and start to struggle show.
6. P1 will create a bean collision center helper to pan left and right based on P1 P2's input. and the ID of the helper will stored in P1's another var
7. the center helper will have a var to tell who wins. both side will monitor the result.
8 based on the result P1 or P2 side play win movie.... and winning side create another inviisable beam helper to do the damage.

#4  August 25, 2020, 01:14:09 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  August 25, 2020, 06:34:57 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I take it you want to do an ultra fireball type battle? Where P1 and P2 do their ultras and you tap the buttons to see who wins?
What part(s) are you having trouble with?

YEAH pretty much man I know it's going to be difficult to learn but this is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I tried using another char's code a template but when I applied it I think I only got certain parts of it correctly...

Wow Wow Wow
Now you want to take it on right?

I have this thought long time ago. but too lazy to code it. since..... Im coding my Misaka and Kuroro.....
this is not just code, this is a framework of a standard.

let me explain what my though

----- a standard that both side need to follow ---
1. P1 move Start
P1 Setup a var with a strange number or set certain bit of the var to 1
3 bits is needed, 1 bit shows this is a Beam struggle , 1 bit shows now P2 can challenge or not. 1 bit shows sync complete start to perform the show
(P1 do the pre-fire movie..... and wait for P2 to challenge)

3. if P1 didn't detect p2 comes up a challenge move with correct var bits are been set, P1 fire beam as normal.....
4. if P1 detect p2 in attack mode and correct var is been set, P1 will stop and wait for P2 to start perform pre-fire movie...
5. after both side did the pre-fire movies... both side set var and 3 bits to 1 means sync complete. and start to struggle show.
6. P1 will create a bean collision center helper to pan left and right based on P1 P2's input. and the ID of the helper will stored in P1's another var
7. the center helper will have a var to tell who wins. both side will monitor the result.
8 based on the result P1 or P2 side play win movie.... and winning side create another inviisable beam helper to do the damage.

Seems like a lot to do and I'm not too good with variables... I understand them a tad bit but I;m willing to learn if you don't mind helping through the steps.. I have some chars that are 16 bit that has the feature I'm looking for but I've only gotten so far with it. I willing to take on this challenge man because it'll help me complete this full game that in progress.

I believe
https://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_goku.html
has what you're looking for. I was going to make it happen with my Ryu, but I think I just did the back breaker ultra sprites only. Didn't seem too hard to implement

Ok I'll check it out thanks man