YesNoOk

Mugen 1.0 Tigre Negro relaunch (Read 7570 times)

Started by MAXIMUS, October 26, 2019, 01:37:59 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen 1.0 Tigre Negro relaunch
#1  October 26, 2019, 01:37:59 pm
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br

Hello my friends!
Continuing with my releases!
Although there is already a time available on the site, for greater reasons only now I can officially relaunch my TigreNegro for the whole Community!
Now fully compatible with New Mugen 1.0 plus improvements to the scams and AI!
Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to the comments! :bjugoi:

DOWNLOAD:
[/color]

Re: Mugen 1.0 Tigre Negro relaunch
#2  October 26, 2019, 04:47:18 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
He has a ton of problems.
- No damage scaling.
- Unblockable crouching light punch.
- No damage scaling.
- Can grab out of blockstun.
- Nothing (except Flash Kick) is punishable.
- A ton of FXs share pal with root so they will just change the color when root's palette is manipulated.

And some more stuff that AlexSin pointed out:
- the timings on the attacks are so wonky
- it's difficult to make air combos should he have those? Or any combo system for that matter. He has two launchers, one is c.HP, the other is QCB, kick
- The standing light kick animation return immediately to the stand animation
- His CLSNs are terrible, the attacks have so much priority (I mean the CLSN1, the red ones, don't also have the CLSN2, the blue ones, to give it less priority).
- The same voice clip for the light attacks, another voice clip for all mediums and another voice clip for all strong attacks. Not any variation. :frowning:
- The throw attempt makes some dust for some reason...

He is pretty wacky and needs more playtest.
#3  October 26, 2019, 05:08:59 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
This is good news. Good work.  :thumbsup:
I confess that some time ago when I discovered this char I was a little envious that there was no character from Argentina.
#4  October 27, 2019, 04:16:44 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br
He has a ton of problems.
- No damage scaling.
- Unblockable crouching light punch.
- No damage scaling.
- Can grab out of blockstun.
- Nothing (except Flash Kick) is punishable.
- A ton of FXs share pal with root so they will just change the color when root's palette is manipulated.

And some more stuff that AlexSin pointed out:
- the timings on the attacks are so wonky
- it's difficult to make air combos should he have those? Or any combo system for that matter. He has two launchers, one is c.HP, the other is QCB, kick
- The standing light kick animation return immediately to the stand animation
- His CLSNs are terrible, the attacks have so much priority (I mean the CLSN1, the red ones, don't also have the CLSN2, the blue ones, to give it less priority).
- The same voice clip for the light attacks, another voice clip for all mediums and another voice clip for all strong attacks. Not any variation. :frowning:
- The throw attempt makes some dust for some reason...

He is pretty wacky and needs more playtest.
Thanks so much for the tips!
No one had told me these things! (as I remember) ... :mhmm:
I will review for next version! :hyo:
Noted!
EDIT:
I was reviewing some things, and like some things were not "mistakes", but were on purpose ...
I can change if people don't like it ...
The low punch is an example ... I purposely did it this way ...
About the "voice", at the time of dubbing, I didn't think it would be necessary to put a kind of "scream" for each blow ... (my opinion) ...
The palette I also did everything shared on purpose, but nothing I can change ...
And what's the problem with him having two launchers?
I'll review everything else ... as promised!

This is good news. Good work.  :thumbsup:
I confess that some time ago when I discovered this char I was a little envious that there was no character from Argentina.

;D

It's an interesting idea ... ^_^
Who knows a character from every South American country? ::)
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:29:13 am by MAXIMUS
#5  October 27, 2019, 04:20:03 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I'll keep my eyes for the future updates bro. The issues Giang pointed out, many of them are the same issues that were already in the original version.
Keep going!
#6  October 27, 2019, 04:31:34 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br
I'll keep my eyes for the future updates bro. The issues Giang pointed out, many of them are the same issues that were already in the original version.
Keep going!
Thank you! I made an edit in the post above! With some positions of mine! About some problems! I would like to know everyone's opinion!
#7  October 27, 2019, 04:36:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

....why?

Ignoring the fact that an unblockable low jab is really unfair, there's no point in using any other normal. Use the low jab that will always hit.
#8  October 27, 2019, 05:18:53 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br

....why?

Ignoring the fact that an unblockable low jab is really unfair, there's no point in using any other normal. Use the low jab that will always hit.
In fact the idea was to be unfair even! ;D
In the past people liked (I believe), but nothing that bothers me today I can not change! ;)
Even because I like it I am open to change!
I like my character as a whole! And so what I can do to make it better I'll do it :hyo:
#9  October 27, 2019, 05:57:44 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
is that an excuse that you wont fix your stuff?

i guess people has low standard when it comes to character making now...

i dunno why MFG given them a contributor rank for a such bad quality content
#10  October 27, 2019, 05:59:57 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
if you contribute mugen content, youre a contributor. theres no standard for that because the title confers no privileges. its just showing you have made stuff for the engine.
#11  October 27, 2019, 06:02:43 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
well i cant argue on that matter... oh well

sorry for my little banter Umezono since i just cant stand his excuses to not fix of his stuff
#12  October 27, 2019, 06:12:54 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br

sorry for my little banter Umezono since i just cant stand his excuses to not fix of his stuff
is that an excuse that you wont fix your stuff?

i guess people has low standard when it comes to character making now...

i dunno why MFG given them a contributor rank for a such bad quality content
And why be so aggressive my friend?
At some point I wrote that I could not change?
I just wrote that some things I did on purpose at the time!
But I made it clear that I would be open to change!
So I don't know why all this aggressiveness ...
#13  October 27, 2019, 06:18:43 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

It's ok, turned out the character was supposed to be a joke and we shouldn't take it seriously so put down the pitchforks folks. I should remember this whenever I see your releases to avoid wasting my time providing feedbacks as soon as I see how the unblockable low punch being intentional instead of a glitch due to how it was poorly coded in the character's file.
#14  October 27, 2019, 06:29:20 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
liked this joke character, lol
#15  October 27, 2019, 06:33:44 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br
liked this joke character, lol
Thank you so much for enjoying and for the good mood!
I promise he will get even better in the next version if God willing!

It's ok, turned out the character was supposed to be a joke and we shouldn't take it seriously so put down the pitchforks folks. I should remember this whenever I see your releases to avoid wasting my time providing feedbacks as soon as I see how the unblockable low punch being intentional instead of a glitch due to how it was poorly coded in the character's file.
I see that a lot has changed in these years that I've been standing still ...
And people are much more aggressive ...
They don't accept a joke or something ...
But let's go! I would like you to continue to give me suggestions. Even if it's offending me. Because they can help me improve ...
The Black Tiger is a character from a different era. But this is no excuse for mistakes or wrong choices!
Some things "at the time were fun" ...
Alright, I accept the fact that things change, it's more than 10 years later, and patterns change ...
As there are also pointed errors that even at that time were errors ... but no one pointed me at the time and I did not see them ...
I want to make an effort to get my character adapted to this new mugen thing as much as possible!
This is good because I can worry more about the other projects I'm working on before launching them ...
#16  October 27, 2019, 06:43:57 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well, idk why some people take it too seriously... to the point of even complaining about one being a contributor, really? It's just a mugen character, and he said he was going to fix it. That was very unnecessary imo... :(

I mean, yeah, you guys have a point, there is a problem with the char, but... are these words
such bad quality content
how it was poorly coded
really necessary?
#17  October 27, 2019, 06:46:00 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

how it was poorly coded
really necessary?

Necessary. I expected an author with 6 years of experience and multiple releases at this point would have known simple stuff like damage scaling or the fact that when the red CLSN comes out too soon, opponents won't be able to block it, or even how to make explod not being linked when root's palette being manipulated (and a ton of other things). Even an inexperience coder like me can point out those flaws so there is no excuse for this and this character is a disaster from coding point alone.
And the fact he tried to disguise those flaws as "features" doesn't help him at all in this case.
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:59:10 am by Mr. Giang
#18  October 27, 2019, 07:05:35 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br

how it was poorly coded
really necessary?

Necessary. I expected an author with 6 years of experience and multiple releases at this point would have known simple stuff like damage scaling or the fact that when the red CLSN comes out too soon, opponents won't be able to block it, or even how to make explod not being linked when root's palette being manipulated (and a ton of other things). Even an inexperience coder like me can point out those flaws so there is no excuse for this and this character is a disaster from coding point alone.
And the fact he tried to disguise those flaws as "features" doesn't help him at all in this case.
I didn't disguise anything! So much that I commented nothing about it!
I said that I had not noticed and that no one at the time had pointed me ...
Why do people like to distort words?
It's fine that my English is bad, but still ...
I commented on other things!
About the crash boxes I intend to look because I really have no idea where the errors are and I will see.
#19  October 27, 2019, 07:33:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I see that a lot has changed in these years that I've been standing still ...
And people are much more aggressive ...
They don't accept a joke or something ...
But let's go! I would like you to continue to give me suggestions. Even if it's offending me. Because they can help me improve ...
The Black Tiger is a character from a different era. But this is no excuse for mistakes or wrong choices!
Some things "at the time were fun" ...
Alright, I accept the fact that things change, it's more than 10 years later, and patterns change ...
As there are also pointed errors that even at that time were errors ... but no one pointed me at the time and I did not see them ...
I want to make an effort to get my character adapted to this new mugen thing as much as possible!
This is good because I can worry more about the other projects I'm working on before launching them ...

If you consider this aggressive, you should have seen a few years ago. This is tame compared to that time.
You said you wanted to improve and fix this character. Giang has provided a nice little list explaining some critical flaws for you to look over and your response was "Yea, those mistakes were actually intentional" which puts doubt as to whether you were serious about improving. When you get called out on it, you decide to backpedal with "It was a joke lol".

Looking at the feedback, you have quite a lot of work ahead of you, if you do decide to go fix this character. As of right now, I'll have to agree with Giang. I have no reason to believe you will fix and improve your character based on your actions.

You are, of course, more than welcome to prove me wrong.
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:38:31 am by Darkflare
#20  October 27, 2019, 08:47:03 am
  • I'm coming back...
  • EM BUSCA DA PAZ!!!
    • Brazil
    • gem1.com.br
If you consider this aggressive, you should have seen a few years ago. This is tame compared to that time.
You said you wanted to improve and fix this character. Giang has provided a nice little list explaining some critical flaws for you to look over and your response was "Yea, those mistakes were actually intentional" which puts doubt as to whether you were serious about improving. When you get called out on it, you decide to backpedal with "It was a joke lol".

Looking at the feedback, you have quite a lot of work ahead of you, if you do decide to go fix this character. As of right now, I'll have to agree with Giang. I have no reason to believe you will fix and improve your character based on your actions.

You are, of course, more than welcome to prove me wrong.

I think my difficulty with English should disturb ...
Really some things were intentional!
Like it was a joke!
It was fun at the time to do this!
People liked this kind of thing!
I think now maybe you understand ...
As I said there are errors that yes, I had not seen, and no one had never pointed me!
Could I express myself better now?