YesNoOk

Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR (Read 8827 times)

Started by Blue_blood, December 16, 2020, 03:28:33 am
Share this topic:
Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR
#1  December 16, 2020, 03:28:33 am
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Hi, my MUGEN children.

In collaboration with Kusaa Ist as programmer and after several years retired from mugen, I'm back and ready to introduce my third full char:

Here a little DEMO of our progress:

As video shows, our idea is to release a beta or advanced version for Xmas, or at least before year 2020 is gone.

If anyone here was following the progress of sprites in DeviantArt I want to give thanks for your patience. I hope you enjoy the results.

Cheers!
Check my DeviantArt for more amazing spriting stuff!
https://www.deviantart.com/blueblood2/gallery
Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 04:19:59 am by Blue_blood
Re: Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR
#2  December 16, 2020, 04:10:35 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Speaking in spanish for a moment to clear things up for the OP.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#3  December 16, 2020, 08:54:33 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
So, this is not a release yet.

At least, I'm glad these sprites find a use in a solid character!
Actually I'm hyped to see one more of your characters!
#4  December 16, 2020, 09:51:49 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Hello Blue_blood! It is nice to see you are still active in the MUGEN scene. Congratulations!

Are you active currently in any Discord communities or such? I would like to catch up with you, if that is at all possible.

Best wishes,

Vans.
Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:55:45 am by Vans
#5  December 16, 2020, 11:42:55 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
She's back! And fot Xmas! Glad to see you, Blue!!

I thought Aoi only had the biker's outfit. Aside that, the sprites looks pretty solid, nest panties are VERY well done and what's cooler(and I haven't got to yet), her shorts does not goes up and there, they look estable.

GOOD LUCK!!  :-*
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6  December 16, 2020, 11:51:49 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Oh, this is cool! I've missed this old style of edited kof sprites like those of Rikard and Thedge, so I wish you luck! Interested in trying her out
#7  December 16, 2020, 12:21:32 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Those leggings...
It must be a hassle to draw each pixel by pixel.

Lovely work!
#8  December 16, 2020, 12:43:37 pm
if this is not a release, why is it on your releases 1.0+ instead of projects?

Amy

#9  December 16, 2020, 04:26:31 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
Nice work. I wish I still had the patience, time, and skill to draw a MUGEN character in SNK or CVS style and code it, and voice act for it, and and and...
#10  December 16, 2020, 04:40:10 pm
  • I must continue my training...
This is super cool. Now the rivalry we didn't know we wanted has begun.

Kyoko vs Aio Kusanagi

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#11  December 16, 2020, 06:29:17 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Oh I remember her! she's from The King of Fighters KYO!
#12  December 16, 2020, 07:46:29 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Glad to see you back Blue Blood. I'm still having fun with your Luise Meyrink. :)
Good luck for you and Kuusa with Aoi!
#13  December 17, 2020, 02:53:35 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Looking cool. You should change her flames to purple though, since she uses purple flames in KoF Kyo.
#14  December 17, 2020, 02:55:03 am
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Well, first of all, thank you very much for your comments. I didn'd expect so much interest in the first hours since posting.

By the way, even though the release date is very close, I've been recommended to move the post to WIP, so if you search for the post later you may not find it in releases, at least for a couple of weeks. Now, I'd like to reply one by one:

So, this is not a release yet.
At least, I'm glad these sprites find a use in a solid character!
Actually I'm hyped to see one more of your characters!

You're right. Only the spriting work is already finished but Kusaa Ist, the programmer, wants to polish the coding a bit more. The longest part is already done at least.
Thanks for being hyped. I hope meet your expectations.

Hello Blue_blood! It is nice to see you are still active in the MUGEN scene. Congratulations!
Are you active currently in any Discord communities or such? I would like to catch up with you, if that is at all possible.

Vans.

It's been a while, right? Nice to still reading you too.
You can catch me on DeviantArt (look at my sign for the link) or send my PM so I can share where else to find me)

She's back! And fot Xmas! Glad to see you, Blue!!

I thought Aoi only had the biker's outfit. Aside that, the sprites looks pretty solid, nest panties are VERY well done and what's cooler(and I haven't got to yet), her shorts does not goes up and there, they look estable.

GOOD LUCK!!  :-*

I've never left, ja ja I like to think that at least... Aoi actually only had that outfit. I changed the biker's outfit for "old school rock star outfit" just for a change. Because I liked it more. On the other hand, mugen already had Lien Neville for that kind of outfits, jaaa.
I hope you still find the shorts estable when you look at the SFF closer and with a different pal. I worked hard on it but you know, nothing is perfect.

Oh, this is cool! I've missed this old style of edited kof sprites like those of Rikard and Thedge, so I wish you luck! Interested in trying her out

+30 years old spriters do these things, jaaa. Thanks for your interest.

Those leggings...
It must be a hassle to draw each pixel by pixel.

Lovely work!

Not actually... I have a secret weapon that makes the hard work in seconds! n_~ And I can share it anytime you want.
Thanks for the feedback!!!

Nice work. I wish I still had the patience, time, and skill to draw a MUGEN character in SNK or CVS style and code it, and voice act for it, and and and...

It's not easy, that's right. The older you get, the harder it's to make the free time to do this. But I think you still can enjoy other's work, right?
Who knows? Maybe you return later. I thought I wouldn't touch mugen after Yuki, more than 10 years ago and here I'm again! You never know...

This is super cool. Now the rivalry we didn't know we wanted has begun.

Kyoko vs Aio Kusanagi

I didn't plan it either... But if Aoi becomes popular enough she will kick Kyoko's pretty ass! Not because it's my char. It's because it's Aoi, a true Kusanagi, not a cosplayer! (And I'm one, jaaaa)

Oh I remember her! she's from The King of Fighters KYO!

That's correct!

Glad to see you back Blue Blood. I'm still having fun with your Luise Meyrink. :)
Good luck for you and Kuusa with Aoi!

I don't know how to take that comment actually XD You're kicking Luise or are you actually having fun playing as her?
I'm so ashamed of how the char turned out. A real pity. I'd wish I had more experience spriting before challeging myself with a so beautiful and complex character.
I couldn't give the best of me and I maybe ruined a potencial good char... But I can't change the past (And I won't resprite her in the future, sadly)
Thanks for the luck!!!

Looking cool. You should change her flames to purple though, since she uses purple flames in KoF Kyo.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want to spoil it, but... that idea was already taken and you will know more about that sooner than later, je.

THANK YOU ALL ONCE MORE!!!

Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 02:59:44 am by Blue_blood
#15  December 17, 2020, 03:10:57 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I don't know how to take that comment actually XD You're kicking Luise or are you actually having fun playing as her?
I'm so ashamed of how the char turned out. A real pity. I'd wish I had more experience spriting before challeging myself with a so beautiful and complex character.
I couldn't give the best of me and I maybe ruined a potencial good char... But I can't change the past (And I won't resprite her in the future, sadly)
Thanks for the luck!!!

Having a lot of fun with her hehe :v
I consider you did a great spriting work on Luise tho and i remember well all the trouble you had working on her.
And i saw from the work on Aoi in Kuusa's video and your posts showing her on DA such improvement and dedication. :)
#16  December 25, 2020, 10:53:03 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
#17  December 26, 2020, 03:18:58 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
wow... what a nice char... cool moves