YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837675 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#461  November 27, 2013, 11:08:19 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
rip agents of shit

2013-2013
#462  November 28, 2013, 04:08:12 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I don´t know, I liked this episode myself.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Less good than previous episode but still pretty interesting. This show still keeps me interested, good to me.
Chilling
#463  November 28, 2013, 04:13:22 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I liked it too.

MDI

#464  November 28, 2013, 09:26:27 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Everybody that supports the show seems to have this BUT ITS GETTING SOMEWHERE reasoning, but honestly unless they introduce an actual supervillain and/or hero from the comics in the next episode coming up which is the last episode of the year btw, I just don't know.

Even those who bring up the point that the show is about SHIELD itself. Well, the show fails in that aspect too. So far it just seems to be about a fairly small and mostly inexperienced team which barely makes up SHIELD at all. The Helicarrier hasn't been in a single episode and Nick Fury only made a cameo.
ey
#465  November 28, 2013, 09:35:24 pm
Coulson said in his mayday message that they are "SHIELD 6-1-6". Earth-616 ? (well I know the movies have their shared universe which is Earth-199999 but reference fanservice)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#466  November 29, 2013, 05:16:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I haven't watched the last two episodes. I just can't bring myself to. It's just so not good and it's depressing me. I was so hyped for this, a goddamn Marvel Cinematic Universe show by fucking Joss Whedon. Or even a goddamn Marvel show by people intimately involved with Whedon shows who were the showrunners of Dollhouse and god everyone is so boring and nothing is interesting and I hate FitzSimmons so much and why is everything so fucking bland and why does it not feel at all like it takes place in a universe with superheroes in it.

I just don't know, should I try watching the last two or just forget about it?

MDI

#467  November 29, 2013, 05:55:26 am
You haven't missed much. The ONLY things that I'm interested in at this point is the possibility of AIM revealing themselves or Graviton finally emerging in future episodes.
ey

GOH

#468  November 29, 2013, 10:25:40 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

MDI

#469  November 30, 2013, 06:43:23 am
Forget about it and watch Arrow!
ey
#470  November 30, 2013, 09:34:22 am
    • USA
I refuse to believe that Arrow is a good show despite the amount of people telling me I should watch it.

I mean for fuck's sake he was called the Hood in the first season, no way. I ain't doing it. >:[
#471  November 30, 2013, 11:41:04 am
It didn't know what it was going to do with itself for the first half of the season, and that included the Hood name, but halfway through it started pulling itself together and it's been going slowly up since then. Every now and then it's still dragging a bit of the angst style it started with, but on average, it's above the usual.
That being said, the Hood name isn't illogical, he never introduced himself, no one would call him the arrow, it was a guy in a hood, so it made sense. Season 2 started by saying he should change his name while looking at an arrowhead, but he still hasn't been given any name (but I don't think they're calling him the Hood anymore, they just don't call him).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#472  December 01, 2013, 03:04:07 am
    • Poland
Jmorphan I told you few episodes ago it was very average show close to bad and you defended it woth bright optymism. I guess I was right.I just wonder what changed your mind.

Arrow is pretty good in second season but currently Person of Interest beats it in every way. I just can't believe what Johnathan Nolan did it with it and it's not even cable show. Sometimes I even wonder if its not better than 24 and everbody that 24 was best action show EVER....
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#473  December 01, 2013, 03:19:15 am
    • USA
Jmorphan I told you few episodes ago it was very average show close to bad and you defended it woth bright optymism.
Because that was a very logical way of looking at things; every Whedon show (except Firefly) before this one had rough patches before pulling itself together, so there was every reason to think the same was gonna happen with Agents (and who knows, maybe it still will happen)

I just wonder what changed your mind.
I was gonna give it till episode 6 to impress me, and it didn't. By episode six, Dollhouse had done Man On The Street, Buffy had its premiere, Angel was well it hadn't had any standouts but it had very concrete promise and by episode 9 it had Hero. Agents of SHIELD had the eye episode and the pilot and not much else. And even then the pilot had several issues.

But what really did it was seeing the AV Club give the last two episodes D+'s. It just sapped any and all motivation to watch them. If the show had been better than I wouldn't have stopped just because of the grades, but it's just so uuuuughhhh. Maybe if the  a new episode does very well I'll start up again, but I dunno.

Arrow is pretty good in second season but currently Person of Interest beats it in every way. I just can't believe what Johnathan Nolan did it with it and it's not even cable show. Sometimes I even wonder if its not better than 24 and everbody that 24 was best action show EVER....
I haven't seen it but I'm glad they have Amy Acker on it cause she's the best.
#474  December 01, 2013, 03:24:10 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#475  December 01, 2013, 04:08:13 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I've pretty much given up on the show at this point.  I really wanted to like it, because the concept is cool and Coulson was awesome in the movies.  But the more it's gone on the more I realize I can't actually bring myself to care.  All of the characters are really flat and dull and I don't care about any of them or what they're doing.  And despite the whole connection to the movie universe and all of the teasing about bigger things they still haven't really provided any reason to believe that any of it is actually going to go anywhere.
#476  December 01, 2013, 05:42:07 am
    • Poland
Last ep with "nightwing" was really lame. the thing that had me lost my faith in the show was scene with Fitz & Simmons at the end of episode 6 (when Simmons was in danger) when Simmons kissed Fitz in the CHEEK when she thanked him. In the cheek ? Really ? Similar thing happen in last episode with wooden Ward & May.
I know it's disney and it's supposed to target younger audience but come on... This show is so bad because they can't decide thier target. They should aim for adult audience but since it's ABC I should've know better. Still dissapointment kills me.... I just feel cheated because if I would want some teeny show I would watch Hannah Montana or some cartoons. 

I haven't seen it but I'm glad they have Amy Acker on it cause she's the best.

You bet. She is the best in every scene but what is really amazing, other actors are at the same level. This show is like MUST WATCH for everyone. It's sets bar so high that I'm sometimes can't describe level of awesomesss. I admit it's start as average but it's get better with each episode & each season. Last 3 episodes fucked me up so hard that it took a while to pick up pieces of my jaw from the floor.

Every procedural show like CSI, NCIS and other boring shit should take example from it because this is how it should be done.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#477  December 01, 2013, 06:19:41 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I can NCIS taking some stuff from 24 after reading some reviews of certain episodes (cause I´m curious) but not CSI. NCIS and 24 seems to have some similarities. Humanity is complicated, someone would say "this is how it´s done, yes" others will say "no its not, bullshit". It´s complicated.

Will still see how this shows continues, perhaps it will get better. Perhaps not. We´ll see.
Chilling
#478  December 01, 2013, 08:23:56 am
    • USA
AV Club

Oh, what is this??
my favorite source for everything pop-culture related, even despite the recent redesign and commenting system update

except for movies 'cause their film staff left and made their own site and the new AV Club movie people are not that great

They should aim for adult audience but since it's ABC I should've know better. Still dissapointment kills me.... I just feel cheated because if I would want some teeny show I would watch Hannah Montana or some cartoons. 
Aiming it at adults wouldn't make it any better or complex. Justice League Unlimited is a children's cartoon and yet it's infinitely more complex than Agents. And infinitely better.

I miss the DCAU :(

MDI

#479  December 02, 2013, 02:11:13 am
I know we're kinda straying off topic here, but since you mention the DCAU, it did remind me of how Green Arrow was on the show. I very much enjoyed the moments that he basically stated that he fought for the little guy and wasn't some cosmic jumping superhero, and that he was genuinely afraid of the Justice League and the power they possess. I think that would be interesting if the CW's Arrow would be part of the Man of Steel continuity and played a similar role. But alas it probably won't happen.

But as for Shield, I just get this whole saturday morning cartoon feel from it. Instead of being this agency trying to keep super powered beings in check with a lot of build up and ties to the films, they're basically just high tech paranormal investigators with new cases every week. Its as if they're a modern re imagining of an old cartoon.

ey
Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:57:03 am by MDI
#480  December 11, 2013, 02:07:52 am
  • Fuck You.
oh shit yall watching aos

theyre going off of the supersoldier storyline from the first ep and making agent peterson (the black guy, first supersoldier) suit up

dont sleep on this show

Posted: December 11, 2013, 02:29:47 am
oh do we have an arc villain in centipede??

oh shit
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/