YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2362471 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3961  May 03, 2021, 09:56:36 PM
    • Germany
And a Trailer. ^_^
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3962  May 20, 2021, 08:25:18 AM
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Saw someone share an article on Facebook regarding the status of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which is no longer canon to the MCU. Apparently there's lots of articles covering this when googling.

https://screenrant.com/mcu-deny-agents-of-shield-disservice-darkhold-kree/

The ABC series has employed the Darkhold on several occasions and was the first MCU show to include it in the plot. Aida, an artificially intelligent life-model decoy who was corrupted by the powerful book, and Robbie Reyes, a mechanic bestowed with the power to transform into the demonic Ghost Rider, have all been involved in major storylines centering the Darkhold and its dangers. However, WandaVision’s version of the Darkhold, and the way it was used in the show, deviates greatly from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. WandaVision basically established a new canon, one that erases Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., fracturing the show’s connections to the MCU even further. 

It’s been confirmed the Darkhold in WandaVision is the MCU version of the book, which implies Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is no longer a part of the shared universe. This is frustrating for a number of reasons, primarily because S.H.I.E.L.D.’s storylines, characters, and history don’t get their due and aren’t referenced at all in the Disney+ series. It’s as though the new slate of MCU shows are taking things in an entirely new direction, one that largely ignores all of the series that came before it. Shows like Agent Carter and Runaways, both of which included storylines involving Dark Matter and the Darkhold, are effectively moot.

To ignore the show’s plots and all the development with regards to concepts and stories, involving aliens or otherwise, is a disservice to all the hard work it’s put in over the years. It’s also a disservice to fans of the show, who watched it diligently for seven years and appreciated all the effort and creativity the writers put into making even the most outlandish plots work. WandaVision and the remainder of Marvel’s Disney+ shows are rewriting the MCU’s history by starting over, thus sidestepping all the series that came before.

It stings knowing WandaVision could have referenced Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., connecting the two series through their use of the Darkhold. Instead, it blatantly snubs S.H.I.E.L.D. as though it never existed. .....................

There are also some news articles on the recasting of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in Dr. Strange 2, Hawkeye and Secret Invasion. I'll take this with a grain of salt but it's most likely Quake since Chloe is doing Powerpuff Girls.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.