YesNoOk

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online (Read 56222 times)

Started by Renzo F, July 25, 2010, 01:47:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online
#741  September 10, 2011, 11:58:19 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Well, I took to Makoto fairly well as I main her in SSF4... but I dunno, I wanted to go for someone different.  I ran with Elena.  Went online to players matches and after 5 losses, with 2 of those people perfects to a grade 10 Yun, I was ready to throw in the towel. >_<

I really want to like the game, I do... but something just feels.. different to other fighters.  Practice, practice and more of the same I guess!
#742  September 11, 2011, 03:35:11 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
It's less defense oriented than SF4, there's a lot more faced paced thinking in it.

Makoto plays similarly but the transition between the two is way different.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#743  September 11, 2011, 03:43:44 am
It's because this game requires a hell of a clutch factor. There's just not no tricks to the metagame, it's not majorly combo oriented or dependent on 1 frame links or anything like that, you just have to play on the human mind, as well as be overall good in tight situations, for parries and things...it's just different. Good performance is not on rails, like so many other games, where you just need to rehearse things, rely on timing and study frames to be good, you just need to be clutch.
#744  September 11, 2011, 06:12:25 am
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
#745  September 11, 2011, 08:45:11 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
yea no.

Has anyone else noticed no matter how bad you play with yun you always seem to get a b ranking or up?
#746  September 11, 2011, 10:45:20 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
True, the game is far less defense orientated than SF4, but the matches don't seem to last anywhere near as long as say, SF2's.  Makoto is rather different to her later SF4 incarnation too... I just don't want to fall back to playing with Ryu as a mainstay just because he'll be the easiest for me to use.  Ah well, I'll find a character I'm comfortable with and just overburn on the practice then! :)
#747  September 11, 2011, 11:36:20 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Has anyone else noticed no matter how bad you play with yun you always seem to get a b ranking or up?
It's the dive kick, always the dive kick.

Anyway...few shit videos.

Ken Fag #549
No idea why but I suck vs all the Shotos, but all you guys seem to stomp on these.

Three Battles with my friend on PSN called "TwilightChaos"
#748  September 11, 2011, 03:20:21 pm
It's less defense oriented than SF4
One of the reasons why I prefer SF3

Speaking of this I was playing a Remy player the other day. The player turtled and threw out sonic booms and did a flash kick any time I tried to jump in. I was Alex, was able to parry the Booms but couldn't seem to parry the flash kick. I still won though because those kind of cheap SF4 tactics don't work on SF3 because even if you have no health you can still parry and win.

you just have to play on the human mind
Good performance is not on rails, like so many other games, where you just need to rehearse things, rely on timing and study frames to be good, you just need to be clutch.
This is half true, SF3 does have a huge amount of mind games but if someone has rehearsed lots of situations they will be better then someone that hasn't. For example someone who has spent time learning how to parry Ken's Shippu Jinraikyaku is going to be more sucessful in a match with Ken who uses that super because if they can anticipate it there is a good chance they can parry it.

I just don't want to fall back to playing with Ryu as a mainstay just because he'll be the easiest for me to use
That is only because elitists make it out like "Shoto's... Boooooo" choose whoever you like.

I always shine!
#749  September 11, 2011, 03:21:57 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
And for that matter Ken is much more easier to use than Ryu.
#750  September 11, 2011, 03:29:14 pm
  • How 'bout that frame data?
    • nxistence.net
Seeing as I'm now the proud owner of an out-of-commission machine (@#$%), I'm going to be playing this historical inaccuracy just a liiittle bit more.

PSN = Dynamo27
NXISTENCE.

"I never doubted my ability, but when you hear all your life you're inferior, it makes you wonder if the other guys have something you've never seen before. If they do, I'm still looking for it."
#751  September 11, 2011, 10:50:56 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
recently bought the color pack, loving elenas forward, yangs fierce and uriens forward colors

They also came with their second impact colors
#752  September 11, 2011, 11:34:27 pm
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
#753  September 11, 2011, 11:37:29 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Capcom makes you want to work for the much more better Second Impact set in OE.

Gill is still a cheap bastard in Arcade on the easiest mode imo .-.''
#754  September 11, 2011, 11:42:54 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#755  September 12, 2011, 09:51:01 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
I've been playing this a bunch. I havent played SSFIV against TempesT and Shin Dio in a while, if you folks are up for matches when we are both on. I would be happy to play.

Only replay I have up now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmXAL9C_5A
#756  September 13, 2011, 10:24:54 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
#757  September 14, 2011, 09:06:25 am
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#758  September 16, 2011, 08:21:59 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I've been playing this a bunch. I havent played SSFIV against TempesT and Shin Dio in a while, if you folks are up for matches when we are both on. I would be happy to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmXAL9C_5A
Sure, every time I'm online I'm just playing ranked or training mode. I'm getting kinda rusty at SF though. I blame Arcana Heart 3 and BlazBlue.
Also I really really hate GGPO for this, the misleading hit sounds make it very difficult to hit confirm.
#759  September 17, 2011, 01:29:20 am
  • How 'bout that frame data?
    • nxistence.net
Sure, every time I'm online I'm just playing ranked or training mode. I'm getting kinda rusty at SF though. I blame Arcana Heart 3 and BlazBlue.
Also I really really hate GGPO for this, the misleading hit sounds make it very difficult to hit confirm.

It's like the only thing they fixed from the original GGPO emulator platform was the transition graphic glitch that would sometimes make you play your match through window blinds.

And we gotta fight Dio - it's been foreverever.
NXISTENCE.

"I never doubted my ability, but when you hear all your life you're inferior, it makes you wonder if the other guys have something you've never seen before. If they do, I'm still looking for it."
#760  September 17, 2011, 01:53:10 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I think the last time we played was BB... No wait, it was a Gen vs Gen mirror match. But sure, if I'm online that means I'm just fooling around in ranked match or training mode.

Vince on Capcom Unity posted a piece detailing the patch notes for Street Fighter 3: Online Edition. The release date for the patch is tentatively scheduled for the 27th. You can catch a complete rundown of the fixes below.

They also state that there will be another patch after this one that will address additional functions for the game.

• Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.

• Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)

• Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.

• Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly

• Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using "stun" settings

• Fixes some rare crashes

• Improves network stability

• Adds support for additional DLC packs

• Raises the online level cap