YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248532 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#401  June 09, 2012, 09:45:27 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Sprited the beginnings of the Super Shredder Transformation based on Manhattan Project:

Also added a few extra frames to his sword grapple

Slowly getting back into the swing of things... more to come.
Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:58:42 pm by Dcat
#402  June 09, 2012, 09:59:46 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
 :o
Looks epic! So, the Shredder will be able to transform into his Super-form?
Are you planning a hyper move with his Super-form??
#403  June 09, 2012, 10:15:30 pm
Yes, that's the plan! Although exactly how it'll be implemented (whether the player will have control while in Super Shredder mode) is still undecided at the moment.  I was thinking about something along the lines of a V-ISM speed & combo boost but since my characters chain rather easily as it is, I'm worried that this might be too reminiscent of the dozens of existing Psycho Shredders in playstyle and cheapness if only for a limited duration. The more I think about it, the less savory the idea sounds...
#404  June 09, 2012, 10:25:38 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Well I think that V-ism combo and speed boost will not fit Super-shredder form, if it will be Super shredder from Snes turtles in time, because there he was just standing and using 3 types of powerful shot-attacks (and then - teleporting).
So, maybe when he transforms he should use some powerful beam attack, or some powerful single hit move. If he misses - he returnes to normal state and don't move for some time (like sol badguy after his dragon install ends).
And if he defeats the opponent with this move, he stays in super shredder form during his winpose. Just some ideas :)
#405  June 09, 2012, 10:35:52 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Whoo, Mutagen animation! Welcome back dude! :)
#406  June 10, 2012, 02:25:24 am
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
SUPER SHREDDER!!!!!  :D

good luck with that, dcat

#407  June 10, 2012, 07:25:39 am
Hey nice to have you back!  I agree on your fear about the possibility that Super Shredder may take out some of the originality in the feel of how your Shredder plays.   I know this sounds kinda (meh) but how about the mutagen instead, of making him speed up, like those "insane, psycho shredders" out there.  Maybe, the mutagen just gives Super Shredder the ability to do more damage or simply increases his life some.  Honestly, I would rather he not become Super Shredder, if he starts to feel like the other shredders out there once he activates that power.  You could always just chuck that idea out the window, but hey that is just me, I never was a fan of super shredder.
Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:47:01 pm by Zingo
#408  June 10, 2012, 01:51:40 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Sprited the beginnings of the Super Shredder Transformation based on Manhattan Project:

Also added a few extra frames to his sword grapple

Slowly getting back into the swing of things... more to come.

Loving everything about it, Dcat!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#409  June 10, 2012, 11:03:22 pm
Good input, everyone. Great to hear your concerns regarding Super Shredder. You've convinced me to drop the V-Ism enhancement idea... A standard auto combo super seems most appropriate, maybe with super armour and cool down period like what DeeDevilBat suggested.

Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:07:31 pm by Dcat
#410  June 10, 2012, 11:14:22 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
#411  June 10, 2012, 11:27:13 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Good input, everyone. Great to hear your concerns regarding Super Shredder. You've convinced me to drop the V-Ism enhancement idea... A standard auto combo super seems most appropriate, maybe with super armour and cool down period like what DeeDevilBat suggested.

Yeah, auto-combo super move with cooldown or one powerful super move with cooldown seems great :)
Also - liked those two animations, could be great winposes :D

MDD

#412  June 11, 2012, 01:21:42 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
IS THAT SAGAT'S WINPOSE? HAH
#413  June 11, 2012, 10:34:36 am
Took me a while. Fully seperated Super form added to the palette, also decided to swap out the pink Manhattan Project for the lavender TMNT 2 NES variant. Colors for April will remain the same.

#414  June 11, 2012, 12:43:09 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Good fucking god man!! Shredder is looking amazing, once again proving your talents are continually getting better.

Perhaps this mutagen transformation could pertain to a super move of sorts, somewhat similar to Krang's Dimension X super move. Or perhaps a super armor effect similar to Hulk or Juggernaut.

Regardless of how its programmed, I'm sure this is going to kick major ass.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#415  June 11, 2012, 12:53:08 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Wow, that Super-shredder looks like a boss :twisted:
Sprited by you, it looks much better that in SNES turtles in time (or Genesis' one) :sugoi:
#416  June 11, 2012, 04:33:18 pm
    • Germany
Took me a while. Fully seperated Super form added to the palette, also decided to swap out the pink Manhattan Project for the lavender TMNT 2 NES variant. Colors for April will remain the same.

Thats some great sprite work, I can't wait to see the full Supermove. *_*
#417  June 11, 2012, 04:56:36 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Holy shnikes!

He turns into Abobo wearing a Road Warrior's outfit!

On a serious note, that is f'n amazing Dcat...I'm probably going to use that Super Shredder sprite as base elsewhere because it looks spot on.

Keep up the freshness bro. YOU ROCK! :2thumbsup:
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#418  June 11, 2012, 09:50:29 pm
Yeah I'm really proud of how he's turning out.
Gratuitous palette spam:

Spoiler: '89 TOON, ARCADE1, ARCADE2 (click to see content)

Spoiler: NES1, NES2, PLAYMATES TOY (click to see content)

Spoiler: COMIC, ANIME, 2K3 TOON (click to see content)
#419  June 11, 2012, 10:18:54 pm
Wow.. love those palettes!

Not sure if you've answered this already but will there be helpers? Perhaps a few Foot Ninjas or Tokka and Rahzar?

Loving those sprites though Dcat
#420  June 11, 2012, 10:20:19 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Made my day ;D
What I liked the most is 89' cartoon palette (new one huh? cuz you didn't show it earlier). Also I liked that with this palette the mutagen is pink/purple - like it was in cartoon (as I remember everywhere else it was green)