YesNoOk

Kratos (GoW) MUGEN WIP (Read 150974 times)

Started by DooM, February 13, 2009, 05:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kratos (GoW) MUGEN WIP
#161  May 07, 2009, 11:59:23 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
looks good so far
#162  May 08, 2009, 12:19:45 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Char's stance is not really a progress for me. I prefer spending my time on some real stuff. I've seen a lot of character "projects" which have ended up with having only full animated stance done and nothing more.

Good approach.
#163  May 08, 2009, 04:11:24 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
Great sprite work so far. Animation is fluid and proportionate.
However, one of the concerns I have is that his actions such as jumping, walking, and running involves Kratos not holding his blades. As there doesn't seem to be animations of him putting them away, it appears awkward.

I am guessing the decision was made to look his weapons switching mechanic look more natural. In that case, perhaps he shouldn't be holding the blades in his stance, but only when he attacks do the blades go into his hands.
#164  May 08, 2009, 07:27:34 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Great sprite work so far. Animation is fluid and proportionate.
However, one of the concerns I have is that his actions such as jumping, walking, and running involves Kratos not holding his blades. As there doesn't seem to be animations of him putting them away, it appears awkward.

I am guessing the decision was made to look his weapons switching mechanic look more natural. In that case, perhaps he shouldn't be holding the blades in his stance, but only when he attacks do the blades go into his hands.

It looks that way because of the transition effects of the video. Trust me, in mugen, it looks natural. ;)
#165  June 06, 2009, 08:06:14 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Wow Kratos from God of War sounds interesting
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#166  June 08, 2009, 02:25:44 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
I recently had a chance to speak with DooM about numerous things involving the WIP of Kratos: God of War.

In this article, mainly discussed his side of things, including:
 - DooM's motivations behind this character
 - how the project came together
 - numerous subjects regarding graphics
 - the use of QTE when he fights
 - the website devoted to the WIP

Here is a preview:
1) Why did you personally decide to start work on this character?

Heh…actually, I have some question for you: do you know the feeling when you're at work and working really hard, and your boss is watching you only when you're taking some little break from time to time ('cause you're tired), and he’s thinking that you're probably doing so all the time? You want to prove him wrong, that you're worth more than that, that you deserve more.

Well, it's almost like that with me in the MUGEN Community. I spent a lot of time in the community, not leeching but learning how to program and design stuff for it. Opened a couple of MUGEN related websites, started few projects and released some screenpacks and stages, but never characters. So people are always like: "Umm... you consider yourself as a MUGEN veteran. OK. Did you release any characters?" I didn't. Why? I have had some real bad luck when it comes to the long term creations. There were a few accidents when I've been working on some (IMO) real nice characters (DM-Akuma, DM-Chun-Li, DM-Saiyaman and Nappa for the DBZ/GT MUGEN Project.) and when I was 50% or even 90% done(!), I always lost it somehow. My HDD crashed or my computer was so virused that there was no other option but to format all the drives. I know that I could backup all of those, but I didn't back then, so it's pretty late for such sayings now. And starting over? Well trust me that it’s really hard to work on something again with such attitude you had before.

...All this and more, including another special shout out to the fans. To check it out, go to:
http://mmcelhaney-fiction.blogspot.com/2009/06/wip-focus-kratos-by-kratos-and-doom.html

Thank you
Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:23:13 am by volzzilla
#167  June 10, 2009, 09:42:52 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
This has probably been spoken about already elsewhere, but for those of you who don't know...

Kratos is coming to Soulcalibur:Broken Destiny on the PSP!!!

So if you guys can wait for some sound rips by the time the game comes out, I could probably help.

Still, I wish you best of luck with this project.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#168  June 10, 2009, 09:44:25 pm
  • Kikou Shou
#169  June 11, 2009, 04:29:26 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
This has probably been spoken about already elsewhere, but for those of you who don't know...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/sc-b3.jpg

So if you guys can wait for some sound rips by the time the game comes out, I could probably help.

We got time, because the first release is for march 2010. And we would be very thankful for your help with those sound rips.
#170  June 22, 2009, 08:55:54 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/sc-b3.jpg

We got time, because the first release is for march 2010. And we would be very thankful for your help with those sound rips.

No problem. BTW, the game art is out and it is dope...Would make a decent Select Pic. Fpr the large version, follow the linkage attached to the pic properties.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#171  June 22, 2009, 12:25:11 pm
    • ememe.pl
It is dope (:)) indeed. Thanks for it, definitely going to the select screen portrait package (we give the players possibility to choose their fav SS portrait).
#172  June 22, 2009, 04:29:26 pm
    • USA
What have you guys completed in the project so far? Could you guys give us a percent on how far hes finished?
#173  June 22, 2009, 04:39:34 pm
    • ememe.pl
What have you guys completed in the project so far? Could you guys give us a percent on how far hes finished?
Yeah, it's about time to give some progress report.

So, we're done with all the movements for our Kratos and now we're generally finishing up the basics (gethits, etc). Soon we shall go for the attacks, and as you may know - It will be pure fun (to make, and to see) :suttrox:

Just wait patiently guys, 'cause I assure you that it will be worth it. :)

BTW. Thanks to MaxBeta again for the portrait suggestion.

I edited the whole concept of the artwork a bit:
#174  June 22, 2009, 08:47:24 pm
Yeah, it's about time to give some progress report.

So, we're done with all the movements for our Kratos and now we're generally finishing up the basics (gethits, etc). Soon we shall go for the attacks, and as you may know - It will be pure fun (to make, and to see) :suttrox:

Just wait patiently guys, 'cause I assure you that it will be worth it. :)

BTW. Thanks to MaxBeta again for the portrait suggestion.

I edited the whole concept of the artwork a bit:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3637/portrait6.png
The portrait looks great
I just know this character will be an awesome one, i have never seen so much work being done on a full game before, even less on a single character (I mean with the site and all).

Good Luck, dont rush. Delays are usually worth it :)

No Borders, No Nations
#175  June 22, 2009, 09:19:03 pm
  • Dark Man X
  • TIP EHT FO MOTTOB
Doom, did you get my PM?
#176  June 26, 2009, 04:33:08 pm
    • ememe.pl
OH NO HE DIDN'T!!1 o_O

Doom, did you get my PM?
Yeah, but I get this kind of offers like twice a day so I ignored it. Sorry to dissapoint you.

@Ultimatedude, thanks a lot for the comment. :)
#177  June 26, 2009, 07:37:47 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9232/kratosscrnew.png

Hi Doom, I think this is my first post in this topic.
I've been following its progress with Kratos is really getting good.
Do not misunderstand me, I do not want to bother you or annoy you,
but there is some chance this char out this year?
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#178  June 26, 2009, 07:44:50 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9232/kratosscrnew.png

Hi Doom, I think this is my first post in this topic.
I've been following its progress with Kratos is really getting good.
Do not misunderstand me, I do not want to bother you or annoy you,
but there is some chance this char out this year?

I hate to bombard on your question, but it seems that Doom wants it to come out around the same time as the the third installment of the game. Therefore the mugen Kratos would be completely polished when the time comes instead of going through a series of updates after it releasing early.
#179  June 26, 2009, 08:00:26 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I hate to bombard on your question, but it seems that Doom wants it to come out around the same time as the the third installment of the game. Therefore the mugen Kratos would be completely polished when the time comes instead of going through a series of updates after it releasing early.

No problem, it was just a simple curiosity,
I do not want to bother.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#180  June 26, 2009, 08:19:59 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Using Urien worked rather nicely.