YesNoOk

I want to do something LEGENDARY haha (Read 2968 times)

Started by [S]witch K', June 05, 2009, 11:07:02 am
I want to do something LEGENDARY haha
#1  June 05, 2009, 11:07:02 am
  • Forever seeking..
okay,, well like many Mugeneers i am planning to make an AC Cloud (This is where you cheer like freaks on Speed  :sugoi:)
I have ripped the 3D model, because i am pro and found a tool to rip dissidia models using the all powerful GOOGLE
Any suggestions??
What would you want me to put in there/NOT put in there,
What type of gameplay do YOU want, i dont really mind,
Any specific systems do all of you awesome mugen players want??

SWITCH OUT*---
Re: I want to do something LEGENDARY haha
#2  June 05, 2009, 11:15:55 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't think it would be our part to choose the gameplay for you.

First of all, what do the sprites allow you to do ? Meaning : will you be able to create enough different animations to make a 6-buttons char, or will you go for 4 or even down to 3 ?
I'd really prefer an old school gameplay à la CVS/KOF/SFZ rather than the new GGXX/HnK/BBB where you have to smash buttons for hours, and where the fights is "I won because I was the first to hit with a basic, so I could chain with my mighty 74 hit combo :gonk:"

Also, obvious to say, but make the char high-res. Try to keep a decent number of anims, but don't go overboard (no 60 fps please).

If I were you, I'd do something like POTS' system (or Mr Fong, if you're going with 4 buttons). Generic style, easy to use, flashy graphics, many game systems such as power charge, parry, etc.
#3  June 05, 2009, 11:22:39 am
First of all, what do the sprites allow you to do ?
If he's using the tool that was mentionned in another topic, he has the 3D model and he can animate it himself. He'll then get to take screenshots to have sprites. If he can animate the model, he can get the sprites.

Gameplay... ? I'd also agree with a classic gameplay, though you'd need to make up his basics. Though, I'm not sure he would need 4 buttons - 3 could be enough.
Combo system made of few short specific combinations, kinda like Street Fighter's Target Combo, would allow to include his Rengiri (default ground 2 hit Brave attack) as well as, what was it, Slash Blow I think, the air triple Brave attack that chains into Choukyuu Bushin Hazan v.5 (Omnislash v.5), that kind of system. That'll probably require to make up one or two more similar combos.
Nothing with long combos - Dissidia doesn't have that and it sucks anyway. He mainly uses strong attacks that serve to interrupt the opponent or blow him far away.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:32:19 am by Byakko
#4  June 05, 2009, 11:26:19 am
  • Forever seeking..
First of all, what do the sprites allow you to do ?
If he's using the tool that was mentionned in another topic, he has the 3D model and he can animate it himself. He'll then get to take screenshots to have sprites. If he can animate the model, he can get the sprites.

yeah im making the anims myself then going to sprite them over the game model screenshots, because the 3d model will look a bit choppy  :sugoi:

Ill make the character as high res as i can, might just upsize the screenshots and work from there lol.
I don't think it would be our part to choose the gameplay for you.

oh i was just asking to see what people would like, not actually choose lol  :sugoi: :sugoi:
#5  June 05, 2009, 11:37:29 am
(I edited my previous post, sorry)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  June 05, 2009, 12:12:59 pm
  • Forever seeking..
(I edited my previous post, sorry)

haha edit your post as much as you want! :D im just looking to make you guys happy ay haha

So im going to go with a 4 button setup it looks like, to go with the Classic gameplay setup.
KOF + Extended Combo system then
#7  June 05, 2009, 12:48:32 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
I would say if you have to make any FF character it would need Devil May Cry type gameplay to match it.

Dante (Nero/Vergil) all have similar characteristics/physique/movement to FF-type characters.

AC Cloud is no different, just don't put over the top moves onto it and yesterday give it basic elements to make it more fun to chain stuff together like you can in DMC.

So simple stuff to animate/code, move wise, like Fire, Ice, Bolt, Cure (similar to Crisis Core projectiles)... Barrier (DEF-up? lol). And then you have the trademark limit breaks, all are simple to do as a special. Blade Beam can be a projectile that explodes after a certain range/time (so if p2 dodges it then the smaller fragments of the Blade Beam can still hit p2).

I just think with a classic gameplay setup you might struggle to fill in the animations or find new animations to use for other stuff.

And I agree with God's Anger, it depends on what the "sprites" allow you to do. If you can back flip it'll allow for some no CLSN roll backs, for example.

I'd put Omnislash in there as CPU only (or the once used in AC) to cock tease all FF7 fans out there.

Really wished I learned 3D animation before...
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#8  June 05, 2009, 01:19:43 pm
  • Forever seeking..
I would say if you have to make any FF character it would need Devil May Cry type gameplay to match it.

Dante (Nero/Vergil) all have similar characteristics/physique/movement to FF-type characters.

AC Cloud is no different, just don't put over the top moves onto it and yesterday give it basic elements to make it more fun to chain stuff together like you can in DMC.

So simple stuff to animate/code, move wise, like Fire, Ice, Bolt, Cure (similar to Crisis Core projectiles)... Barrier (DEF-up? lol). And then you have the trademark limit breaks, all are simple to do as a special. Blade Beam can be a projectile that explodes after a certain range/time (so if p2 dodges it then the smaller fragments of the Blade Beam can still hit p2).

I just think with a classic gameplay setup you might struggle to fill in the animations or find new animations to use for other stuff.

And I agree with God's Anger, it depends on what the "sprites" allow you to do. If you can back flip it'll allow for some no CLSN roll backs, for example.

I'd put Omnislash in there as CPU only (or the once used in AC) to cock tease all FF7 fans out there.

Really wished I learned 3D animation before...

very very truee also,
 :sugoi:

Off topic - didyou get to extract the .GMOs lady kiki?? i hope you did...
#9  June 05, 2009, 01:21:22 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Nope I got home late in the last 3 days and was too tired to try.

I will try this weekend if I'm not working, unsure yet as there could be a need to.
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#10  June 05, 2009, 01:26:12 pm
  • Forever seeking..
Nope I got home late in the last 3 days and was too tired to try.

I will try this weekend if I'm not working, unsure yet as there could be a need to.

hmmm, thats no good, if you ever want ANY of them just give me a bell, and ill send them over to you  :sugoi:
#11  June 05, 2009, 01:29:14 pm
move wise, like Fire, Ice, Bolt, Cure (similar to Crisis Core projectiles)... Barrier (DEF-up? lol)
None of these are in Dissidia. Well, he has Fire-Fira-Firaga but that's all. And I don't think he needs them much...
#12  June 05, 2009, 01:32:28 pm
  • Forever seeking..
move wise, like Fire, Ice, Bolt, Cure (similar to Crisis Core projectiles)... Barrier (DEF-up? lol)
None of these are in Dissidia. Well, he has Fire-Fira-Firaga but that's all. And I don't think he needs them much...

Ill make the basics first, then put fire-fira-firaga in, in the next few updates after i release him.  :sugoi:

On the topic of Omnislash V5, If i made him do the rush from one side of the screen to he next,, and in AC it goes around all angles of the enemy, should i put an anim of him rushing from the background, to the screen, then away?
#13  June 05, 2009, 01:37:09 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net

Ah but he's not doing a Dissidia convert! Leaving him free to give him what he wants. I'm just spraying out simple but viable ideas  :sugoi:

Switch: I'll see what I can find myself first, but even if you send them to me I lack any good knowledge of animating. Better to not waste your time perhaps, but I'll see. My primary interests are in Crisis Core first but will try Dissidia as well, just need to find time for it haha

I've got 3ds Max but I think that's more to do with modelling than animating? I never tried to use it to animate, not sure if it's even capable. My use of that program was to port FFXI models over and then use 3DS to render them to make it look good, but I can only do it on a basic level, haven't fiddled with adding light/shadows, etc.

Ill make the basics first, then put fire-fira-firaga in, in the next few updates after i release him.  :sugoi:

On the topic of Omnislash V5, If i made him do the rush from one side of the screen to he next,, and in AC it goes around all angles of the enemy, should i put an anim of him rushing from the background, to the screen, then away?

Too complicated, for now. I'd say just focus on animating it good and converting it to sprites (dunno how good you are but in my mind that's a shit load of work)
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#14  June 05, 2009, 01:42:10 pm
  • Forever seeking..
Switch: I'll see what I can find myself first, but even if you send them to me I lack any good knowledge of animating. Better to not waste your time perhaps, but I'll see. My primary interests are in Crisis Core first but will try Dissidia as well, just need to find time for it haha

I've got 3ds Max but I think that's more to do with modelling than animating? I never tried to use it to animate, not sure if it's even capable. My use of that program was to port FFXI models over and then use 3DS to render them to make it look good, but I can only do it on a basic level, haven't fiddled with adding light/shadows, etc.

Too complicated, for now. I'd say just focus on animating it good and converting it to sprites (dunno how good you are but in my mind that's a shit load of work)

1st answer: Ok lol.
2nd answer: 3Ds max is capable of animation, Autodesk is good like that
3rdAnswer (About the shit load of work i have ahead of me): I AM IN FOR THE LONG HAUL, I guess ill add that anim in in an update too  :sugoi: :sugoi:
#15  June 05, 2009, 02:00:55 pm
Ah but he's not doing a Dissidia convert! Leaving him free to give him what he wants. I'm just spraying out simple but viable ideas  :sugoi:
The thing with that is that giving him fire-ice-bolt etc. would require more work to make them actually different (and that would ony work to a limit) while it would require you to drop more of what he already has because you can't really give him 50 trillions moves. Giving him the moves he has in Dissidia would already be far more than enough. And it's definitely not even his main style anyway, he's a "break you" type of fighter that will interrupt you and smash you across the screen with single strong blows.
He has Getsuga Tenshou as an anti-air, Kyougiri (cross Slash) as a ground short autocombo, Climhazard as a dashing attack, Kuuga as an air diving attack, Hakougeki (Blade Beam) as a projectile, Meteor Rain as a ground super (though I like Zack's version better in Crisis Core), Braver as a super that can be done both on ground or in the air (air being the Dissidia version, not an immediate drop & slam), Rengiri and Slash Blow as "target combos", Omnislash v.5 as a follow-up super, Garyou Tensei and Sonic Break... He really wouldn't have anything to do with fifty different types of projectiles.
Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:05:18 pm by Byakko
#16  June 05, 2009, 02:03:01 pm
  • Forever seeking..
The thing with that is that giving him fire-ice-bolt etc. would require more work to make them actually different (and that would ony work to a limit) while it would require you to drop more of what he already has because you can't really give him 50 trillions moves. Giving him the moves he has in Dissidia would already be far more than enough.
He has Getsuga Tenshou as an anti-air, Kyougiri (cross Slash) as a ground short autocombo, Climhazard as a dashing attack, Kuuga as an air diving attack, Hakougeki (Blade Beam) as a projectile, Meteor Rain as a ground super, Braver as a super that can be done both on ground or in the air (air being the Dissidia version, not an immediate drop & slam), Rengiri and Slash Blow as "target combos", Omnislash v.5 as a follow-up super... And I haven't even talked about Garyou Tensei and Sonic Break yet.

Yeah, Long Movelist FTW??! bahaha
 :sugoi: :sugoi:

#17  June 05, 2009, 02:04:35 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Oh... I never realised his movelist was that vast in Dissidia.

I got the game but never bothered to play it properly, just played the VS mode and used whatever was "base", I lacke the interest to play it through as I cannot understand it. I should download a saved game.

I do know that you, Byakko can understand/read Japanese, so more power to you.  :P
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#18  June 05, 2009, 02:05:34 pm
For the info http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife/Dissidia
He's the kind of fighter that if you get close to him, you get hurt severely and hurled across the screen immediately. And he also gains moves where he's the one rushing at you, too.
Getsuga Tenshou ("Moon Fang Heaven's Ascent" here) looks cool, Slash Blow -> Omnislash v.5 -> Omnislash combo is damn poweful, Kuuga ("Aerial Fang") is fast and would work well as a diving attack in a classic fighting game, Cross Slash looks hella strong... Sonic Break doesn't look like much, though.
Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:09:53 pm by Byakko
#19  June 05, 2009, 02:12:41 pm
  • Forever seeking..
For the info http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife/Dissidia
He's the kind of fighter that if you get close to him, you get hurt severely and hurled across the screen immediately. And he also gains moves where he's the one rushing at you, too.
Getsuga Tenshou ("Moon Fang Heaven's Ascent" here) looks cool, Slash Blow -> Omnislash v.5 -> Omnislash combo is damn poweful, Kuuga ("Aerial Fang") is fast and would work well as a diving attack in a classic fighting game, Cross Slash looks hella strong... Sonic Break doesn't look like much, though.

Lol ive been scouting this site for so long to get a solid moveslist to use,
#20  June 07, 2009, 04:22:48 am
  • Forever seeking..
So i have setup Clouds skeleton im going to start out on the  ANIMs tomorrow or something :d
 :sugoi: :sugoi: