YesNoOk

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] (Read 1543023 times)

Started by Moon Girard, January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android]
#221  February 14, 2017, 11:10:14 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Welp, looks like I will never get the characters I want in the end, because life hates me. Life always hated me, and life will never stop hating me.
For the second time, don't do that. You thought people were mean to you before, it'll be worse if you act even more like a shithead by doing this. Life won't be the only thing that hates you.

For the 4*>5* upgrade, where are the large badges from ? Higher tower levels ?

And why does the forum keep posting my posts twice

Byakko, you can get Great Badges starting from the sixth stratum and higher. Higher it is, better chance and more badges you get.
#222  February 14, 2017, 11:34:00 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
They won't drop reliably unless you do the lunatic maps though. Beware, the enemies in the higher levels have bullshit skills.
#223  February 14, 2017, 11:34:51 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
it's probably easier to play this game if you've never played fire emblem before because you have zero bias towards any characters
I can attest to this. :)

I re-rolled for Takumi after reading up some things about him and later got Tiki. Still kind of struggling with Chapter 9 content and that Narcian event, but I think I'm still rather under-leveled (18~25). This game is quite fun though. Am I right in thinking it's easier than the official games?

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#224  February 14, 2017, 11:45:45 pm
Sadly, I found about the game restarting way too late (already linked to a mynintendo account), and like hell I'm gonna lose my progress.
Welp, looks like I will never get the characters I want in the end, because life hates me. Life always hated me, and life will never stop hating me.
1: you already linked to a mynintendo account, which means you won't lose your progress. your phone or tablet could get destroyed and you could still install fe heroes on another device, link to your mynintendo account and lose no progress whatsoever.

2: i really suggest you start over, be it on your existing device or a different one. if you get roy or lyn or some other roll you're satisfied with, then just make a different mynintendo account and link to that (dont link until that point). keep in mind that the focus will change soon and your odds of getting roy or lyn will be halved so you better get going
#225  February 15, 2017, 12:02:01 am
They won't drop reliably unless you do the lunatic maps though. Beware, the enemies in the higher levels have bullshit skills.
Ah, that's what I thought, I've been spamming floors 6 and 7 for my lv30+ guys and I haven't seen anything of this shape. And even at these floors I still haven't seen a single one of the wider level up crystals, and barely a handful of the thinner ones, regardless of the day, which makes it even more annoying to level up my characters (I have to do it the hard way, not through the level up menu). But I do generally have shit luck when it comes to drops.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:05:05 am by Byakko
#226  February 15, 2017, 12:20:41 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
They are still somewhat uncommon even on the lunatic stages. I have hundreds of the smaller badges, but maybe 20 or so each of the large ones.

If you didnt get a 5* or a top tier character (or your favorite), Id reroll. Esp if you have a rooted phone. You can completely play the game f2p if you get a nice starting roll. Iirc, isnt Roy a nat 4? Or was that marth? Anyway, good luck either way. Pretty sure they are changing the focus soon with the new units

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#227  February 15, 2017, 12:25:17 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Both Roy and Marth are 4 star base and even if the banner changes he could always just wait till the choose your legend special costume banner since Roy and Lyn are gonna be on that as focuses.
#228  February 15, 2017, 12:33:59 am
oh i thought roy was only 5 stars, he shouldn't be impossible to get
#229  February 15, 2017, 04:25:54 am
    • USA
Update changes:
#230  February 15, 2017, 04:53:14 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
That is a good decision imo. Training tower costs are where I think the story costs should be as well. I dont think any battle should be more than 8 stamina.

-
-
#231  February 15, 2017, 04:55:31 am
Nice.
On EXP gain, the very first thing that this needs REAL BAD is to maintain EXP gain even if the unit is killed. You go on a difficult stage (like 1~5 levels above your average if you have one tough unit and a few rookies in training) because it's the most rewarding EXP wise, you defeat an enemy with your weaker unit, you gain a level, and then that unit gets killed just before you win => you lose that level. Well that's a good way to make sure your weaker units will never challenge stronger foes because they'll lose the EXP when they get killed anyway ! Same when you lose the entire fight - not gaining EXP when you challenge a map 15 levels above you and get curbstomped is expected, but if you lose just on the final clinch, it's just plain awful.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#232  February 15, 2017, 05:11:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Losing all EXP is awful yeah, but losing either hero or the whole battle should still incur into a penalty. That's just the spirit of FE, units aren't supposed to be expendable.
That is a good decision imo. Training tower costs are where I think the story costs should be as well. I dont think any battle should be more than 8 stamina.
Higher costs are fine, what isn't fine is the ridiculously low stamina cap. There should be a mechanic to level up the castle or the main character or something just to make it go beyond 50.
#233  February 15, 2017, 06:03:07 am
but losing either hero or the whole battle should still incur into a penalty. That's just the spirit of FE, units aren't supposed to be expendable.
Pretty much all classic JRPGs give EXP only after you won the battle, and I remember some that didn't give EXP to those who died (I don't know any other RPG that does this on-the-go leveling in the middle of the fight, in fact), but a mobile game like this based on stamina, a currency that doesn't exist in classic RPGs (of course your playtime isn't restricted !), should absolutely change this point of view. Because what this becomes is that it basically punishes you for trying to fight a hard battle, because you lose stamina, which you refill either by waiting and not playing or spending your stock of a special items of sorts (stamina potion). Now obviously this is common for a mobage, to make you pay money to try harder (buying those refill potions) or just plain pay through it, but when they specifically made a system where you can level up in the middle of a fight like that, and especially considering how hard it is to otherwise gain EXP, taking this gain out of your hands after pretending to give it to you is just infuriating. It frustrates you out of trying to fight a slightly hard battle, just in case you end up losing your hard earned gain. And for F2P players, it's a motive for dropping out of the game.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:09:56 am by Byakko
#234  February 15, 2017, 08:10:38 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
The new characters are here.
(EIRIKA AND EPHRAIM, YES)
#235  February 15, 2017, 11:17:06 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Update changes:

A welcomed change indeed.
And yeah, I'll just stop complaining about my bad gacha luck at this point. Afterall, complaining wont get me anywhere.
Also, I noticed that event battles are rotating, since the Sophia even was back yesterday. And today, it's Virion again.
Also, nice to see the next focus still is relatively favorable, so maybe I still have hope? Only time will tell, to be honest...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#236  February 15, 2017, 11:47:52 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
saved up around 50 orbs and earned around 10 more from the normal and hard mode parologues and spent it all trying to get one of the new focus characters, ended up getting 5-star Leo and 4-star Camilla. I'll take it I guess???
#237  February 15, 2017, 12:55:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I dont think any battle should be more than 8 stamina.

Agreed...

Also, I noticed that event battles are rotating, since the Sophia even was back yesterday. And today, it's Virion again.
The mini guide the game has even tells you this, complete with the order they rotate in.

Update came with new paralogue missuons to get a few extra orbs. Recommend you take a look at the challenges since they ask for you to have specific characters to get the rewards.

Rolled a Marth with these extra orbs, so he'll be the one I'll 5* first(Provided I don't get anything even better)
#238  February 15, 2017, 02:12:10 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
Too bad you can only get those daily event characters one time. Kind of wish they would add a lunatic version so we can start with a 3* olivia. Ive got my 2* all the way up to 4 and my 1* almost to 4. Now watch me pull a 4* version now that I dropped a chunk of time and feathers

-
-
#239  February 15, 2017, 04:25:32 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Did 2 pulls on the new banner hoping or Ephraim or Eirika ended up getting Seliph instead hope he's a good unit but at least i can replace my 5* Roy with him since it seems like he can actually take a hit which was the biggest problem i had with Roy especially since i replaced my 4* Hana for him where he ended up being worse since he would go down in one hit like her but couldn't take out and enemy in one hit while she could.

Datamined stuffed from this update looks like a generic banner to pull on and FRobin as the next Grand Battle
#240  February 15, 2017, 05:34:41 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
Woot, guessed right on that, A lot of people were guessing Navarre or Zephiel.

Hopefully she is as good as male Robin cause I honestly dont know what she does. Only fought her in story and she usually died pretty easily. I'll probably keep pulling on the current banner cause I dont see anything in the focus that I really want. First pull was all 3*s so far. Managed to get a couple dragons on my alt from it though(female Corrin, and 2 adult Tiki's(one came from a second 5 summon and was a base 4 at least). Nice to see the game getting more content

-
-