YesNoOk

AutoHotKey Tools for Ikemen (Read 12498 times)

Started by Bullfrog, July 30, 2016, 06:00:31 pm
Share this topic:
AutoHotKey Tools for Ikemen
#1  July 30, 2016, 06:00:31 pm
    • Brazil
Greetings my friends!!

Inspired by the awesome ikemen stuff that @Rei and @TheFclass97 are doing, I will be making some scripts to aid the use of Ikemen.

I'm no experienced coder, to be honest, my knowledge is incredible small. But since AutoHotKey is so powerful and easy to use, I will be using this language to make the programs...

Disclaimer:
- EVERYTHING that I post here, is Open Source!!! Nobody need to ask to use/edit or do whatever they want with the code...
- You can request/suggest stuff, but bear in mind that I'm a noob with coding, so I may not be able to do it.
- There will always be two files to download. The .exe that is the program already working and the .ahk, in case you want to edit something or compile it by yourself.

Ok, enough talk. To the good stuff:

Launch Ikemen in Fullscreen:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Launch Ikemen in Fullscreen and you can use the Backspace key to close Ikemen:

Automatically create a .txt with your Stage List, to easily add stages in batch to your select.def

To do list / Ideas:
If anybody plays with keyboard and want a key to make 3P and one to 3K to execute some special moves that requires it, just ask it here and will do. ;)

Cheers!!
Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:15:03 pm by Bullfrog
Re: AutoHotKey Tools for Ikemen
#2  July 30, 2016, 06:14:27 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Alrighty. I'll take a look at this in a bit. Looks pretty interesting. Question though:

I just took a look at the .ahk file and tried to edit the .exe directory. i did that, so what do i do for the exe to read it?

Example
#3  July 30, 2016, 06:30:15 pm
    • Brazil
Nice bro!

You need to compile the .ahk into a new .exe
Follow these steps plz:
- Download and Install the AutoHotKey program:   https://autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe
- Right click on your edited .ahk
- You will see an option written Compile Script
- And it's done!! You'll see the new .exe right next to the .ahk icon on your desktop

Alternatively, you can try this (not guarantee but I think it should work):
- go to your game folder
- make a copy of the REV.exe and rename it to ikemen.exe
- make sure to keep both files! The REV.exe and the ikemen.exe
- Run the IkemenFullscreen.exe and see if it works.
#4  July 30, 2016, 06:44:47 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Nice bro!

You need to compile the .ahk into a new .exe
Follow these steps plz:
- Download and Install the AutoHotKey program:   https://autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe
- Right click on your edited .ahk
- You will see an option written Compile Script
- And it's done!! You'll see the new .exe right next to the .ahk icon on your desktop

Alternatively, you can try this (not guarantee but I think it should work):
- go to your game folder
- make a copy of the REV.exe and rename it to ikemen.exe
- make sure to keep both files! The REV.exe and the ikemen.exe
- Run the IkemenFullscreen.exe and see if it works.

Eyy, that's pretty good... I just tested this with a random IKEMEN and my REVival 2 project and it works nicely. Might have to do some netplay tests though, cause full screen had issues with netplay regarding desyncs (most likely if the other player isn't using full screen). Then again, that was years ago, but this is definitely has some good use to it. Thanks for the cool add-on.

On a side note though, i'm not 100% sure if I should sticky this, since I can only sticky up to 5 topics...
#5  July 31, 2016, 04:18:23 pm
    • Brazil
Eyy, that's pretty good... I just tested this with a random IKEMEN and my REVival 2 project and it works nicely. Might have to do some netplay tests though, cause full screen had issues with netplay regarding desyncs (most likely if the other player isn't using full screen). Then again, that was years ago, but this is definitely has some good use to it. Thanks for the cool add-on.

On a side note though, i'm not 100% sure if I should sticky this, since I can only sticky up to 5 topics...

I'm really glad that you liked!!   :tipshat:

I'll try to bring up some ideas of more scripts that may be useful and if you think about anything that could be made by a script, please let me know!
#6  August 04, 2016, 10:18:19 pm
    • Brazil
New tool added!!

This time, not an Ikemen exclusively as it also serves Mugen...

Want to add a whole pack of stages to your game with a single click? well then, check first post!
#7  August 04, 2016, 10:47:05 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
New tool added!!

Want to add a whole pack of stages to your game with a single click? well then, check first post!
what a wonderful tool this will help a lot :D

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#8  August 05, 2016, 01:52:08 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
New tool added!!

Lazy guy here thanking you! now i wonder... does exist an similar tool to add characters?
Lasagna
#9  August 05, 2016, 02:35:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
#10  August 05, 2016, 03:36:42 am
    • Brazil

I'm really glad that you like guys!!  :suttrox:  :suttrox:  :suttrox:

VSelect does the trick in mugen pretty well for me. But never tried on ikemen.

@-Ash-, If you want, I can try to put together something for you, just need the details about what you want more specifically. But my coding knowledge is pretty basic, I'm miles away of doing something of Vselect's complexity.

btw, how do I properly tag someone?
#11  August 05, 2016, 03:41:37 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Nah man, i don't to waste your time coding something for my lazy ass, i just wanted to know if there was some kinda of tool who does something similar to what you've done with this stages tool.
Lasagna
#12  August 05, 2016, 03:55:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
VSelect doesn't work for IKEMEN... yet. At least I cant do it. It's not needed though

#13  August 17, 2016, 07:21:47 pm
    • Brazil
Nah man, i don't to waste your time coding something for my lazy ass, i just wanted to know if there was some kinda of tool who does something similar to what you've done with this stages tool.

VSelect doesn't work for IKEMEN... yet. At least I cant do it. It's not needed though

Wow guys, sorry for the late reply. I don't know how or why, but I was unsubscribed from this thread,  :mhmm:

I will make some updates here soon, including more info about the AHK language and also, new scripts! =)