YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1166148 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X (Last update on 02.06.14)
#81  June 02, 2014, 08:33:26 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I'm getting an Injustice vibe, in which there will be interactive objects with the background
#82  June 02, 2014, 08:58:09 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe...and that could be something pretty cool...every character can use different parts of the environment? Like Sub Zero being able to free something and use it to throw at the opponent and Scorpion being able to set something in flames, powerhouses like Jax being able to pick up heavy things while the more agile characters can use the environment for specific air moves /juggles and what not.

Basically a much bigger variation than in Injustice

Wonder why the made the game a cross generation title instead of being for the new platforms only as they previously wanted.
#83  June 02, 2014, 09:19:09 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Wonder why the made the game a cross generation title instead of being for the new platforms only as they previously wanted.
Coz there is still a big market for 360 and PS3, I for one am glad its coming to last gen

Lol at all those guys saying they passing on this just coz its cross gen, I mean is that so bad?

Liking the new character designs, I just hope that isn't the box art though

And sweet they bringing back Scorpion's spear to the face fatality from MK4
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:33:34 pm by DatKofGuy
#84  June 02, 2014, 10:20:58 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Coz there is still a big market for 360 and PS3, I for one am glad its coming to last gen

Lol at all those guys saying they passing on this just coz its cross gen, I mean is that so bad?

Liking the new character designs, I just hope that isn't the box art though

And sweet they bringing back Scorpion's spear to the face fatality from MK4

'Spear to the Face' wasn't in MK4... That was Deadly Alliance.

Anyway, I like what I see. The trailer was good (I don't know why everyone on the internet was bitching about the music choice. I mean, it wasn't that bad I thought).

They'll be showing this game off at E3 next week and hopefully there will be some more info coming down the road.
#85  June 02, 2014, 10:40:58 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Maybe...and that could be something pretty cool...every character can use different parts of the environment? Like Sub Zero being able to free something and use it to throw at the opponent and Scorpion being able to set something in flames, powerhouses like Jax being able to pick up heavy things while the more agile characters can use the environment for specific air moves /juggles and what not.

Basically a much bigger variation than in Injustice

Because PS3 and 360 are still pretty popular. And just like when PS3 and 360 were released, vanilla Xbox and PS2 still had a lot of juice to have extracted from MS and Sony.

So, PS3 and 360 have at least 3 or 4 more years to have titles released on them. Not to mention PS4 and XBO are still in their test phases. *waits for PS4 slim* :V
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.

MDI

#86  June 02, 2014, 10:50:27 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
It makes total sense that they'd use such music in this trailer.

Mortal Kombat has never quite been embraced by the hardcore fighting game community, and seeing as the majority of it consists of people of the more..uhh..urban persuasion, why the fuck not?

Thanks to that track we now have millions of people around the world going YEAH DAWG THATS MY SHIT. MORTAL KOMBAT X FOR EVO BRAH!!
ey

NoZ

#87  June 02, 2014, 11:15:26 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/

Mortal Kombat has never quite been embraced by the hardcore fighting game community, and seeing as the majority of it consists of people of the more..uhh..urban persuasion, why the fuck not?

Thanks to that track we now have millions of people around the world going YEAH DAWG THATS MY SHIT. MORTAL KOMBAT X FOR EVO BRAH!!
Word lol

im just happy about it,this guys aint afraid to take chances to be original and take risks with new stuff and I always love that every mk game is worth the investment,a lot of features,extra modes and content,capcom while I still love them,been very barebones with the extra content lately
#88  June 02, 2014, 11:25:29 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Roster predictions for MKX:
  • Basically everyone from the last game (except guests and Shao Kahn)
  • Sareena
  • Fujin
  • Kai
  • Reiko
  • Jarek (I hope they will put him a more cool moveset)
  • Tanya
  • Tremor
  • Li Mei
  • Bo' Rai Cho
  • Frost
  • Drahmin (although Ed Boon dislikes him)
  • Mavado
  • Nitara
  • Ashrah
  • Havik
  • Hotaru
  • Kira
  • Possibly 4 to 6 new characters
The Dragon is here!
#89  June 02, 2014, 11:35:52 pm
roster prediction for mkx: every character from the last game + every shitty character character that wasn't in the last game and some new characters
#90  June 02, 2014, 11:45:57 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Oh thank god, I almost cried when i saw ps4/xbox1 in the youtube video title.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#91  June 02, 2014, 11:52:12 pm
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Didn't Sub-Zero get turned into a fucking robot in the last game? Why the hell is he human again? Also, I might be standing alone here, but I like Scorpion's new costume design, it looks like the Netherrealm Studios logo outfit. As far as roster predictions, I'm going to say... everyone who didn't die in MK9, and pretty much everyone from MK4-Deception. Also I think Liu Kang is alive and they're bringing back Zombie Liu Kang (technically not a zombie, but Raiden left him really disfigured in the last game)
#92  June 02, 2014, 11:54:57 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I forsee armageddon happening again.

Subby did get turned into a robot, but, knowing Mortal Kombat, they're forever bringing people back in different forms.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#93  June 03, 2014, 12:03:53 am
Traditionalist in me speaking, but I'm not feeling the environmental stuff.

As for the music... take Mortal Kombat and what it tries to present (Chinese Kung-fu or something). Take what today's hip-hop and what it's reputation is amongst the general public (unrefined music that speaks about drinking, bitches, drugs, etc). Giving the music a chance and not just quickly reacting, it doesn't sound as bad as I thought (and I don't have an issue with it being in the game in general). Still don't like it being the lead music piece for revealing a new Mortal Kombat; music sounds like borderline club-material and Wiz Khalifa isn't an imposingly edgy lyricist.

Making something out of nothing maybe, hopefully it's a one time thing and not what they're trying to go for thematically; it'd ruin the atmosphere of MK.
Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:07:53 am by Niitris
#94  June 03, 2014, 12:17:18 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
I don't care about the music, if the game is good, then it's good. If the game is shit, it's shit. Music (especially trailer music, which is just that. "trailer" music) I doubt it's even gonna be in the game.
#95  June 03, 2014, 12:19:40 am
    • USA
    • BagelBagelOhBagel@gmail.com
Ho, ho! Color me impressed!

Looks like MK's really going back to its roots. Back when everything was all dark and gritty, unlike the previous 2 games which felt sleepy, depressing and boring as shit.

But they need to take out that x-ray part, shit's gross lol

Damn you must be a hillbilly. Song ain't even close to urban rap.
Hey you, you notice how everybody else's signature makes little sense?
Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:05:35 am by J-Grug
#96  June 03, 2014, 01:07:57 am
Anyway, if there's one thing about MK9 that did disappoint, lack of new characters (understandable considering what they went for). Hopefully there's a healthy amount. MK4 characters would be cool too, a a better game would do them justice.

Have no attachment to anyone from DA-onwards.
#97  June 03, 2014, 03:56:45 am
Yeah I really hope we get NEW characters. Though it seems very likely that instead we'll get characters re-designed to the point that they are new characters anyway which is okay with me
#98  June 03, 2014, 08:02:37 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
I'd like to see Bo Rai Cho, myself. He's certainly one of the more livelier, creative post-MK4 characters.

Oh, and Havik! Definitely him as well.
Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:12:19 am by UrbaneVirtuoso
#99  June 03, 2014, 08:16:31 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
It seems as if some elements of Injustice will be at play here or at least I gather that much. it's pretty much looking like a mash up between MK9 and Injustice from the tweets Ed Boon himself tweeted. he said there'd be interactive weapons. So the tree branch Subby smacked Scorpion with might be a gameplay element unique to every character. We'll see what Mr.Boon has for us at E3..one thing is for sure...this will be one of my top tier games on my list when I get a PS4
#100  June 03, 2014, 08:17:54 am
Looks like MK's really going back to its roots. Back when everything was all dark and gritty, unlike the previous 2 games which felt sleepy, depressing and boring as shit.
the style doesn't look all that different from mk9??