YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 609785 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#81  March 26, 2022, 02:27:30 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."

I'm also OK with that, beside the fact that ins SFA style the shading should not be that "strong" that "dark".
If you check legs shading, Cammy have muscular legs, but her shading is soft. The arms should stay soft. (from my point of view)

In SFA, her lgs are not that thick (sadly ;) ) so, her arms shold nof be that big either.

It is very interesting you mention this.

While working on this char, I have realized that if I add too much muscle detail, it will look odd. As if (for example) I add too much muscle detail to the arms, they would look very different from the rest of the body. Basically, a SFA based body, with SSF2 arms.

However, there should be some muscle detail, specially on her shoulders, since it is one of her main characteristics. A light amount of detail (through shading) should be enough.

As I mentioned before, changing her shoulder pads with regular shoulders has been a game-changer for me. That, and editing and correcting her frames sprite by sprite has been entertaining and relaxing.

To make a Cammy that is SSF2 based, that is appealing for most and can fit well with any fighting MUGEN game. That is my main focus.

I appreciate all feedback.

Until Next Time.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:23:57 pm by Tiger-Boy
#82  March 26, 2022, 03:47:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Great!
I'm really glad to read that!
It somewhat make me less anxious about how this first editing will be.

(sure the arm part/shoulders is a main part, since she have different clothes in SFA, they have to be edited, and you did well !!)
#83  April 01, 2022, 05:55:53 pm
Hello everyone;

While I continue working on this project, I managed to make a video showing her progress.

Keep in mind that she is still in process, so you will see many untouched frames. But like I mentioned before, she has been updated enough to notice a huge difference. And it is not the same to show very small GIFs or some partial images. Showing her progress in action is the best way to demonstrate how much she has changed.

I have been continuing revising the edited frames, fixing her leotard and glove Gauntlets, among other details that I may have looked over.

That is all for now.

Until next time!  :bjugoi:

#84  April 02, 2022, 06:48:12 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Now I want more to play with this Cammy in future.
#85  April 03, 2022, 01:30:46 am
she looks good so far! cant wait to add her to my collection!
#86  April 04, 2022, 10:02:29 pm
Hello everyone:

A funny thing happened while updating 'Cammy':

Just when I finished working on this animation (Win Pose: Thumb's up), I noticed something that I could Not take my eyes off: her beret's downside was on her left side of her head, when it should be on the right side.

No Big issue, right? Just turn the image horizontally. But... if I did, the Circular object on her left gauntlet will be on the right, and it should be on the left.

I first chose to edit the head, so the left side of the beret (wide area) would be shown, instead of the downside. But... it turned out looking like a Winter Hat rather than a Beret.

So, the only option left, was to turn everything horizontally, then replace the Circular object to the left gauntlet. It took some extra editing, but it turned out better than I hoped.

This is something I wanted to share. I found it kind-of funny, and concerning at the same time, since in all images, the beret's downside is facing forward. This is yet another detail I have to look forward to. Also, this will explain why from now on, this win pose will look different from what was originally released

That is all for now.

Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:11:25 pm by Tiger-Boy
#87  April 04, 2022, 10:27:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Hello everyone:

A funny thing happened while updating 'Cammy':

Just when I finished working on this animation (Win Pose: Thumb's up), I noticed something that I could Not take my eyes off: her beret's downside was on her left side of her head, when it should be on the right side.

No Big issue, right? Just turn the image horizontally. But... if I did, the Circular object on her left gauntlet will be on the right, and it should be on the left.

I first chose to edit the head, so the left side of the beret (wide area) would be shown, instead of the downside. But... it turned out looking like a Winter Hat rather than a Beret.

So, the only option left, was to turn everything horizontally, then replace the Circular object to the left gauntlet. It took some extra editing, but it turned out better than I hoped.

This is something I wanted to share. I found it kind-of funny, and concerning at the same time, since in all images, the beret's downside is facing forward. This is yet another detail I have to look forward to. Also, this will explain why from now on, this win pose will look different from what was originally released

That is all for now.

Interesting.
I would appreciate if the source one (by Capcom) is present in the SFF even if you don't use it in the character.
Can you include both of these directions in SFF. (I kind of like how she show this different armguard stuff in the source one - more badass)
I prefer not to lose the source one if possible. Because the edit is really massive this time.

The video is good, but I stlii feel like the berret fixes are unnatural. (but I'm very picky when we talk about pixels, and about Cammy...)

I can't wait to see more.
Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:30:20 pm by Momotaro
#88  April 04, 2022, 10:49:19 pm
Now I want more to play with this Cammy in future.

she looks good so far! cant wait to add her to my collection!

If all keeps going as it is going, most likely this char will be released in a couple of months.

Interesting.
I would appreciate if the source one (by Capcom) is present in the SFF even if you don't use it in the character.
Can you include both of these directions in SFF. (I kind of like how she show this different armguard stuff in the source one - more badass)
I prefer not to lose the source one if possible. Because the edit is really massive this time.

The video is good, but I stlii feel like the berret fixes are unnatural. (but I'm very picky when we talk about pixels, and about Cammy...)

I can't wait to see more.

I like how the beret looks so far. So, I will most likely keep what has been done.

At this point, I have edited Cammy so much, that she is no longer the same as when she was released 7 years ago.
Still, I do try to keep it as loyal to the original source as possible. But if I can make her look better (to my eyes, at least), I will take the opportunity and do so. I can't give you any guarantees that I would not do so. I'm on a roll, and I feel good about the changes I am making. Hopefully, you will like the end result when she is finally released.

Take care everyone.

#89  April 04, 2022, 11:00:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
good luck !
#90  April 05, 2022, 05:20:49 pm
@Momotaro

Then again, the more I think about it, even if I 'Fixed' the animation', I do not want to throw away the original. I just have to fix the 'Beret' issue, to keep the consistency.

So, once that is done, I can create a new 'Win' animation. That way, both 'Thumb up' animations will be used. One on the left side, and the other on the right.

I'll seriously think about it. I believe I can make it happen.

Thank you for the idea. 

Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 05:34:23 pm by Tiger-Boy
#91  April 05, 2022, 06:39:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
@Momotaro

Then again, the more I think about it, even if I 'Fixed' the animation', I do not want to throw away the original. I just have to fix the 'Beret' issue, to keep the consistency.

So, once that is done, I can create a new 'Win' animation. That way, both 'Thumb up' animations will be used. One on the left side, and the other on the right.

I'll seriously think about it. I believe I can make it happen.

Thank you for the idea.

Great! You're the one to decide :)
I like the idea Cammy will have these aspects :
-More "content"
-Adding details where it is needed (delta red edited parts)
#92  April 09, 2022, 07:38:45 pm
Hello again everyone:

Just a small update... with 'goodies'!

About a month ago, I changed the special intro when fighting Bison (Dictator).
This is the Original:

It was replaced with this one:

However, while updating the sprites, I managed to make a new intro (using existing and created frames) that is very similar to the original animation made by ChuchoRyu:

So, I will use this new one as the intro with Bison. I feel strongly about this, since it's basically an updated version of what was originally made. This way, I can keep being loyal to the original work.

For those who liked the animation I made for Bison, don't worry. I will use some of the frames when Cammy faces Vega (Claw), since that intro it's Cammy jumping into the fight, and making her 'cut-throat' animation, which is one of her intros. Now it will be Cammy jumping into the fight, stares at Vega, frowns while making a fist, then gets in position to fight (more original, less repetitive):

I also made a new video, showing her Midnight Bliss in action:

That is all for now.

#93  April 09, 2022, 09:08:00 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
I seriously love the progress you've been making on Cammy! The new animations look awesome and I'm glad you're taking full advantage of every sprite available, seriously, good job man! Can't wait for this version to be released and for me to work on the new separation once it does lmao

Changing topics now, I don't know if this was fixed in another versions, but the failed grab animation is the same as the cheap KO animation and it looks out of place imo, are you gonna fix that? Ignore this comment if you did LOL
#94  April 09, 2022, 09:25:51 pm
I seriously love the progress you've been making on Cammy! The new animations look awesome and I'm glad you're taking full advantage of every sprite available, seriously, good job man! Can't wait for this version to be released and for me to work on the new separation once it does lmao

Thank you. If you are the one to work on the new CS, be advised to be extremely careful regarding her pony tails with the rest of her body. It's been quiet a challenge to distinguish between them (at least for me).

Changing topics now, I don't know if this was fixed in another versions, but the failed grab animation is the same as the cheap KO animation and it looks out of place imo, are you gonna fix that? Ignore this comment if you did LOL

Could you send me an image? With that, I can check the sprites and the AIR file, for starters.

#95  April 09, 2022, 09:53:20 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile

Could you send me an image? With that, I can check the sprites and the AIR file, for starters.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTSQwpF-1s[/youtube]

The bug happens at around 00:57 in this video, it has appeared to me before, but I solved the issue myself in the '.AIR' file (although the char didn't have the necessary sprites to make a proper 'failed throw attack' animation so I had to improvise and use the damage sprites)
#96  April 09, 2022, 10:09:17 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTSQwpF-1s[/youtube]

The bug happens at around 00:57 in this video, it has appeared to me before, but I solved the issue myself in the '.AIR' file (although the char didn't have the necessary sprites to make a proper 'failed throw attack' animation so I had to improvise and use the damage sprites)

Thank you! Sadly this Cammy does uses the 'fall down' animation when doing a failed grab. I have seen it a lot. I was not sure what it was until you mentioned it. She either has the animations in the SFF, or I can get them from the original source files, and edit them. All I need to know is how they look like. Maybe from POTS Cammy or any other SFA Cammy. Once I recognize the animation, I can get started on fixing that issue. If she don't have one, then I can try and make one. I can just follow the movement from Chun-Li as an example. This, I can do.

Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 10:19:22 pm by Tiger-Boy
#97  April 09, 2022, 11:09:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

About throw reversal, It might be part of this Cammy edit in SF Spec Ops Project.
Divine Wolf's Juli might have the animation as well. (Just to check how it looks)
I'm not sure of any of these informations.

Some feedback.
I like the progress and your choices in intro animations
Only one detail bugs me a bit
in the animation where she stands straight with arms on the sides.
She first have open hands, then the fingers disapear for a clenched fist hands
You need a transition here (one frame would make it)
Otherwise it looks like her fingers are Wolverine's claws ^^;

D*mn... this Cammy will be something... <3
#98  April 09, 2022, 11:32:33 pm
About throw reversal, It might be part of this Cammy edit in SF Spec Ops Project.
Divine Wolf's Juli might have the animation as well. (Just to check how it looks)
I'm not sure of any of these informations.
Agreed. All I need is an image to recognize it.

Some feedback.
I like the progress and your choices in intro animations
Only one detail bugs me a bit
in the animation where she stands straight with arms on the sides.
She first have open hands, then the fingers disapear for a clenched fist hands
You need a transition here (one frame would make it)
Otherwise it looks like her fingers are Wolverine's claws ^^;
*Thinking of Cammy with Wolverine claws* (Don't give me any ideas. LOL)

D*mn... this Cammy will be something... <3
She is coming along quite amazing, and I am learning a lot along the way.
Today, she has come very far from when I updated her 7 years ago, and in so little time.
I thank everyone for the support and help.  :bjugoi:

Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 03:09:23 am by Tiger-Boy
#99  April 10, 2022, 05:41:45 pm

I hope this is the one:

I spent a few hours trying to find it and making a full edit. It was not in the SFF, so I had to get it from the unedited original files.

In fact, even if it's not, I'll keep it as the "Fail Throw" (at least for now). Much better than what it had.

#100  April 10, 2022, 06:16:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I hope this is the one:

I spent a few hours trying to find it and making a full edit. It was not in the SFF, so I had to get it from the unedited original files.

In fact, even if it's not, I'll keep it as the "Fail Throw" (at least for now). Much better than what it had.

Seems like it is the right one.

Initially it seems like it's the guard break from SFA3.
But I think it's used for this kind of reaction in mugen characters.

Go for it! :)

Also... I loled at your Wolverine reaction :D