YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 619988 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Dudley
#541  June 18, 2022, 09:32:12 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#542  June 19, 2022, 03:44:08 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hi karma! About Ryu, the project still alive?
#543  June 19, 2022, 04:14:10 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Also, I'm curious about the special "non SF3" sprites, like run animation etc?
(Sorry I go into details because I'm passionate about sprite work in such projects.) ^^;

Well the only missing needed anims are Run and Power Charge. I'll figure something out for Power Charge, but for the run he won't have one ;(

Made one too...
Mike

Thanks!
Hi karma! About Ryu, the project still alive?
Yup yup, of course!
#544  June 19, 2022, 05:46:31 am
I know you ain't forgot about Buckus's Dudley  :P :sugoi: 
You could use the running animation he made. It's open source, but he 'downshaded' it to 16 colour limit to give Dudley a CVS look.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1333976
I understand if you'd pass on it since the sudden colour loss does stick out a bit when he transitions from his stance animation to running then back again.
Maybe the regulars over at the spriters' bounty could touch it up a bit if it catches your interest.
#545  June 19, 2022, 08:32:11 am
  • Was it something I said?
I was thinking about trying my hand at Dudley at one point or another. I love to see your take on him!
It makes sense to use the SF3 sprites as the CvS edits didn't have his cars or his butler.
Speaking of his cars, didn't he have two of them in SF3? I know the one he got back from Gill, but there's another in a special intro against oddly enough himself.
#546  June 19, 2022, 09:08:01 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Also, I'm curious about the special "non SF3" sprites, like run animation etc?
(Sorry I go into details because I'm passionate about sprite work in such projects.) ^^;

Well the only missing needed anims are Run and Power Charge. I'll figure something out for Power Charge, but for the run he won't have one ;(

Oh, I see...
Too bad. I really think the run anim is needed.
Perhaps someone with SF3 sprite skills can scale up then convert colors into SF3 style (from the CVS-like existing one)

ExL

#547  June 19, 2022, 11:18:47 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Looks like Mario to me.
Yeah, he kinda does, though used this image as reference
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Actually made 2 more palettes, 'coz why not? Dudley's a fun char, I'd enjoy playing as him, more color variants won't hurt
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:22:03 am by ExL
#548  June 19, 2022, 02:49:20 pm
I hope this palette isn't too close to his SF3, but here's his SF4 look.

The others colors from there are coming.

Edit: I just realized his teeth share the colors of the shine of his shoes.
Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:55:55 pm by Knuckles8864
#549  June 19, 2022, 05:43:57 pm
    • Germany
I know you ain't forgot about Buckus's Dudley  :P :sugoi: 
You could use the running animation he made. It's open source, but he 'downshaded' it to 16 colour limit to give Dudley a CVS look.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1333976
I understand if you'd pass on it since the sudden colour loss does stick out a bit when he transitions from his stance animation to running then back again.
Maybe the regulars over at the spriters' bounty could touch it up a bit if it catches your interest.
I was not aware of Buckus' Dudley having a run! That will definitely come handy. I'll give it a try to adapt the sprites myself and maybe ask for some help. Thank you so much!!
I was thinking about trying my hand at Dudley at one point or another. I love to see your take on him!
It makes sense to use the SF3 sprites as the CvS edits didn't have his cars or his butler.
Speaking of his cars, didn't he have two of them in SF3? I know the one he got back from Gill, but there's another in a special intro against oddly enough himself.
He indeed has two cars! And in the .sff I made the second car shares color with the first. I'm aware he his car is green but hopefully that's addressed with different palettes having different car colors ;D
Oh, I see...
Too bad. I really think the run anim is needed.
Perhaps someone with SF3 sprite skills can scale up then convert colors into SF3 style (from the CVS-like existing one)
Hopefully!
Looks like Mario to me.
Yeah, he kinda does, though used this image as reference

Actually made 2 more palettes, 'coz why not? Dudley's a fun char, I'd enjoy playing as him, more color variants won't hurt
Sheeesh! I'm a big fan of Ippo and I loved Vanessa's palette! Thank you so much.
I hope this palette isn't too close to his SF3, but here's his SF4 look.

The others colors from there are coming.

Edit: I just realized his teeth share the colors of the shine of his shoes.
Yum, that palette is sick! Really good color choices. Yeah no color separation for this one hehehe.

EDIT: Preliminary Run by Buckus adapted to SF3 Dudley in terms of scale and palette:
Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:37:08 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
#550  June 24, 2022, 03:26:07 pm
As promised, here's the SF4 Colors:

Spoiler: SF4 Colors (click to see content)

And some others too!

Spoiler: Mario (click to see content)

Spoiler: Wario (click to see content)

Spoiler: SFXT Pandora (Most colors are thanks to RΣDDBRIПK's Gouken palette) (click to see content)

Spoiler: Bobobo Bo-bobo (click to see content)

Also, another SF4 Dudley Color 1, but the car's more accurate to the second because his dad's car was still stolen by Gill at the time and his artwork in SF4 is the only other damned source of that car I could find, so take your pick which car you like better.

I don't know if you did a charge pose for Dudley yet, but may I suggest him either jumping in place like he does for one of his intros, or maybe better, him straightening/adjusting his tie, cause you know, gotta keep it classy?

Edit: One more:

Spoiler: King Dedede (click to see content)

Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 05:51:19 pm by Knuckles8864
#551  July 02, 2022, 10:38:44 pm
Hi Karma,

One thing I noticed while learning to play the Lee brothers both in mugen and in USF4 is that they have a height restriction on their dive kick.

Your Yun and Yang can do the dive kick pretty much when they are right next to the ground when jumping right before landing, in USF4 they cant do it so close to the ground and I feel its worth reporting.

Checked on Gouken as well, he can chain his crouching low punch to his crouching low kick, which I cant do with yours, not sure if its something on my end but what I can say is that I cant land it consistently.

The reason I bring it up again is because when those two chain, it allows easier access to lets say an EX tatsu afterwards or something like that.

Looking forward to Dudley.
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:46:54 pm by PeXXeR
#552  July 03, 2022, 12:02:30 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Iori
#553  February 09, 2023, 11:47:54 am
    • Germany
It's been a while isn't it? This is no news for people active in Discord, but recently I've been using my free time on reworking one of my first releases: Iori.
Iori is a character that I made on a time I barely knew what I was doing. Ever since then I learned a lot regarding coding, KoF, and the direction I want to take with my characters in general. Because of this, my idea was to leave my previous Iori behind and start from 'scratch'. I think I've been successful, as Iori now feels like will likely be my best creation ever.

I'l leave you guys with some clips:

Special Intro v/s Ash Crimson
https://streamable.com/15yv2p

Saika's Followup
https://streamable.com/awelbz

Chi no Boso
https://streamable.com/p71ogd

Sanjingi no Ni
https://streamable.com/lajdp4

BnB + Setplay
https://streamable.com/z4kgfc

CounterHit Combo
https://streamable.com/ckclly

what I dubbed the 'Project.13 combo' because he came out with the idea
https://streamable.com/jhmd2y

Iori is planned to have the three modes he had originally, altho with changes in all three. Iori is also planned to have a Claw Mode based off his Flameless Appearance in KoF 13.

As of now, Normal/Base Iori is nearly completed, only missing lv.2 non-followup Saika. Orochi Iori is entirely finished, only missing some visuals. EX Iori hasn't been started but it won't take much time, considering these are the only differences the mode have over Base Iori:
Code:
; Different EX Yami Barai.
; Different EX Oniyaki.
; Slightly Different Ya Otome animation.
; Different MAX Ya Otome Finisher.
; Trades Ya Sakazuki for Saku Tsumagushi.
; Trades non-followup Saika for Yamisogi.
; Trades Chi no Boso for Homuraotogi.
At the moment I'm trying my best to frankensprite a new animation for Yamisogi:

I expect to finish EX Iori by the end of the month. I also need to fix some stuff with his color separation. Claw Iori still needs animations for the attack part of Akegarasu, the command grab, and his command overhead, so I doubt that mode will be ready any time soon. However, expect a provisional release by the end of the month.
Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 11:56:06 am by KarmaCharmeleon
#554  February 09, 2023, 05:21:59 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Welcome Back!! :bjugoi:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#555  February 10, 2023, 03:23:10 am
    • Brazil
Glad to see you back, you are missed!
Can't wait for the new Iori, hope you come back to work on Jedah someday.
#556  February 11, 2023, 08:09:52 am
Very nice progress on Iori, Karma!
Honestly looking like this update'll be a fantastic release!
#557  February 12, 2023, 02:31:13 am
nice update! and one question whats the update on ryu?
#558  February 18, 2023, 05:01:56 pm
I am glad you are reworking Iori first of all your characters since the current version has a glitch against Ikaruga's characters. I am curious to see how his flameless version looks in cvs sprites ;D

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#559  May 26, 2023, 04:07:23 am
    • Germany
I'll be dropping this in less than a week:
https://streamable.com/2ijvpf
https://streamable.com/pgzbhf

Because of the short notice I won't expect that many palettes, but I'll leave the template here anyway:
#560  May 26, 2023, 08:40:54 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
 GREAT!! :yippi: :yuno:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(