YesNoOk

So, whatever happened to Elecbyte? (Read 45376 times)

Started by GeorgeMP, May 20, 2019, 02:10:34 am
Share this topic:
So, whatever happened to Elecbyte?
#1  May 20, 2019, 02:10:34 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
This... is, to say the least, a question that has bugged me for the longest time. I mean, what happened to them? I'd like some kind of conclusion on this. Preferably from someone who has some kind of background working with them, or at least knows someone who worked for them at one point. So, what happened?
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Re: So, whatever happened to Elecbyte?
#2  May 20, 2019, 04:16:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
info from their blog posts.

1st generation electbye; they started mugen, died with winmugen; most likely students they quit mugen once they got jobs.

2nd generation electbyte, tried to make some money off mugen, this is when mugen 1.0 was created, quit mugen once they were unable to make money back from it.
#3  May 21, 2019, 12:54:47 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
info from their blog posts.

1st generation electbye; they started mugen, died with winmugen; most likely students they quit mugen once they got jobs.

2nd generation electbyte, tried to make some money off mugen, this is when mugen 1.0 was created, quit mugen once they were unable to make money back from it.

Can anyone point to me information supporting the second part of that statement. This is news to me since I never hear about any effort to commercialize MUGEN.

Also, are the first and second generation Electbyte people the same individuals or different.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  May 21, 2019, 04:21:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh, I thought I had typed that, it seems like it was only one or two guys from the old generation that returned for the second one.
#5  May 22, 2019, 04:45:36 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
At least we got versions 1.0 and 1.1.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#6  May 22, 2019, 07:09:36 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
maybe they'll be back in 10 years to make VR mugen
this website is stupid
#7  May 22, 2019, 08:49:04 pm
They come and go.
Like all the people on earth.
#8  May 22, 2019, 09:21:31 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  May 23, 2019, 08:44:34 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#10  May 25, 2019, 04:01:58 pm
    • China
I have browsed all the Elecbyte official website posts and found no signs of commercialization.
For Elecbyte, the only optimistic sign in the recent past is that the Elecbyte.com domain was renewed in the first half of 2019, indicating that the expiration date of this domain name has changed from June 1, 2019 to June 1, 2020, in my opinion. If Elecbyte wants to give up mugen, it is unlikely that there will be a reason to renew the domain.
Believe it!
#11  May 31, 2019, 10:15:45 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
"Maybe they'll be back in 10 years to make VR mugen" - Hahaha!

"They come and go. Like all the people on earth" - I read this as quite dark but very true.

The fact that their domain was renewed does make a comeback a bit possible, but then again, some people renew domains 'just in case' they decide to return to it in the future. So there could still only be a 1% chance, but who knows. I had a domain that I didn't even use, it kept auto renewing for umm, I think it was about 8 years (yeah I'm stupid). I just wish the source code for Mugen was released.

I'm actually surprised there's a tweet from 2016, that's not as long ago as I thought! Then again, that's three years, but that's not long ago in Mugen terms. Concerning that tweet - Oh, Jeremy Patterson, I never knew who made those awesome looking characters, I haven't seen any of his stuff in ages. Forgive me if he's still active on this forum, I have been gone for years so I'm out of the loop. I didn't know he wanted to make a full game... He wanted $87,000 on IndieGoGo, umm... wow. And got 2% of it.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
#12  May 31, 2019, 10:31:45 pm
  • Why,
Anyway it given me only:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at elecbyte.com Port 80
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#13  June 01, 2019, 07:38:40 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
"Maybe they'll be back in 10 years to make VR mugen" - Hahaha!

"They come and go. Like all the people on earth" - I read this as quite dark but very true.

The fact that their domain was renewed does make a comeback a bit possible, but then again, some people renew domains 'just in case' they decide to return to it in the future. So there could still only be a 1% chance, but who knows. I had a domain that I didn't even use, it kept auto renewing for umm, I think it was about 8 years (yeah I'm stupid). I just wish the source code for Mugen was released.

I'm actually surprised there's a tweet from 2016, that's not as long ago as I thought! Then again, that's three years, but that's not long ago in Mugen terms. Concerning that tweet - Oh, Jeremy Patterson, I never knew who made those awesome looking characters, I haven't seen any of his stuff in ages. Forgive me if he's still active on this forum, I have been gone for years so I'm out of the loop. I didn't know he wanted to make a full game... He wanted $87,000 on IndieGoGo, umm... wow. And got 2% of it.

That wasnt Jeremy Patterson, that was Aiduuzi. JP was "project manager" but due to shady behavior, unrealistic goals and an overall unprofessional campaign the kickstarter tanked before it even got started.
#14  June 01, 2019, 09:50:53 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
That wasnt Jeremy Patterson, that was Aiduuzi. JP was "project manager" but due to shady behavior, unrealistic goals and an overall unprofessional campaign the kickstarter tanked before it even got started.

Whoa that's sad.

Curious if youtuber Larry Bundy Jr covered it yet.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#15  July 03, 2019, 06:25:05 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Nobody:
GeorgeMP: Just a quick bit of info I want yall to have. Can't really confirm this though.
According to Owler, Elecbyte HQ is in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:32:25 pm by GeorgeMP
#16  August 30, 2020, 06:57:37 am
  • Screenpack Editor
    • Canada
I hear Team Aiduzzi is working on a new engine for Elecbyte.

But sadly, the Rotten Core Indiegogo campaign had reached 2% of the funding.

They should have at least a Patreon account, and creating a blog with a PayPal tip jar, problem solved.

Also, Elecbyte stated on his Twitter page on May 4th, 2016 that they are not retiring. It's 2020, the covid-19 pandemic is still present, and no news from Elecbyte.

I guess this must be the end...
#17  September 11, 2020, 06:00:17 pm
    • Chile

That was said a year ago by FrozenDelight, don't necropost with useless (or already said) info like this one.

Also FYI, Elecbyte made the last WinM official version in 2002 dissapearing, and then in 2009 they came back with MUGEN 1.0. So maybe we'd to wait 7 years or more to get new of Elecbyte again (or maybe less since Elecbyte's site is back with 1.1 downloadable there).

Sorry for the other mods, but I'm locking this until REAL news about Elecbyte are known

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#18  September 11, 2020, 08:45:17 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
... why did you lock this topic? The ordinary procedure for necroposts is to delete them and send a PM (and thus undo the damage they cause), not leaving them up but shutting the topic down entirely. There's no point in locking the topic because it'll just prevent anyone but a moderator from unlocking or replying to this topic on the off chance there is actual news about Elecbyte.

Beyond that, necro posts don't actually matter outside of the MUGEN release and project sections, and no action should be taken on them outside of those sections (outside of rare occasions). This particular necro post isn't hurting anyone, it's not pushing down newer topics from the first page of this sub-board, it's all fine and should be left up.
#19  September 12, 2020, 07:49:47 am
    • Chile
Boooooo :thumbsdown:

OK u_u no locking this (for now), sorry

#20  September 12, 2020, 07:52:09 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sorry but, that reply was funny to me.lol
Not going to lie, thought they might have came back.