• derpyhawk@gmail.com
His abs  :shocked2:
Goddamn.
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#43  September 05, 2015, 01:27:35 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^^ Just so that everybody knows, those sprites aren't mine, and they were made by the talented Prodigy_LXM (or Kurotoboe on deviantART). I only put them there as examples because those two sprites are what sparked my previous idea.

I wish I had something to post today, but I don't unfortunately. Expect some stuff in the next few days or so.
This is a generic forum signature.
#44  September 07, 2015, 02:20:37 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
STARTING REEEAAAALLY SIMPLE

Toro Inoue, Sony's fighting neko mascot in Japan. While it's not something super, for my first digital sketch done entirely by tablet (although I previously did a sketch on paper. Just helper lines and shapes and such), colored on Infinite Painter, it's not that bad, no?

Oh and I forgot about this:

What do you guys think?
#45  September 07, 2015, 02:34:29 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
That's not a bad start if anything. Looks like you're doing decently well digitally so far! Probably should keep up with the simple stuff for now while training with digital art. As for Gen there, that's a pretty nice looking Gen. I can't speak on the shading or colors myself because I don't know CVS Shading/coloring, but it looks fine to me!
#46  September 07, 2015, 02:35:04 am
Simple is good, Toro looks nice.
#47  September 07, 2015, 11:31:06 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That's not a bad start if anything. Looks like you're doing decently well digitally so far! Probably should keep up with the simple stuff for now while training with digital art. As for Gen there, that's a pretty nice looking Gen. I can't speak on the shading or colors myself because I don't know CVS Shading/coloring, but it looks fine to me!

For Gen, I referenced Yun and Chun-Li for shading stuff and what-not, I feel I got it down coloring wise.

Simple is good, Toro looks nice.

Thanks. :) I plan to do simple stuff for a while regarding digital sketching/painting. Most of it is gonna be oriented towards character design and concept art.

Oh and here's a new one I made today:

I call this one "Argumentative Birds" :XD:
#48  September 09, 2015, 08:06:57 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
you are good with the tablet, you will speed up your sprites a lot once you get used to it
            Zorf Giudecca
#49  September 09, 2015, 06:05:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#50  September 13, 2015, 02:22:06 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
you are good with the tablet, you will speed up your sprites a lot once you get used to it

I like, can't wait until you start working on humans.

Thanks, that means a lot guys. My eventual goal is to be able to make the spriting process/animation process easier, and in addition start working on some concept art for an original idea I had.

For now, have a half-eaten apple, courtesy of Macintosh! :P

And here's a redesign of the head of Ioan Trafalgar, one of my OCs for the aforementioned fighting game idea of mine:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For those who might find it interesting, it's called "Requiem: Ultimate Magic Tournament". Basically the story takes place in an alternate  Earth where magic was discovered after a huge catastrophic meteor shower of supernatural properties struck Earth and changed... basically nature, the continents, everything: as a tentative example, parts of Western/Eastern Europe, Far East Asia, and the regions of Southeast Asia and the entire Middle East (LOL, I couldn't resist that last one, I'm Arabic :P) collided together as a result of that catastrophe, creating a new continent! Still kinda fucked, but I'll try to figure this one out.

As a result of that catastrophe, dubbed "The Catalyst", humans now gained the ability to wield Arcanum; basically it's magic, and it comes in three different forms: Noxillium (derived from the Latin 'nox', meaning dark), Elementia (derived from element), and Aurola (derived from aura; holy/divine magic). But this didn't come without a danger, for while some humans became "humaniciens", others were turned into demons, while a select few turned into a race called the Absolutus; a race of people with immense power, and felt that the humaniciens were worthless. They then proceeded to wage a long war against each other called the "New Divide". The homomagiciens would have lost this 300 year long war, had it not been for the betrayal of an Absolutus named Aristotle who had the innate ability to create envoys of supreme sentience named the Solidus. He proceeded to ally himself with the humaniciens and created an army of Solidus to battle the Absolutus in their stronghold in Europe. With Aristotle's help, the humaniciens were able to annihilate the demonic army of the Absolutus, and locked away the Absolutus and their leader Zeus.

With the war over, humanity proceeded to flourish with the help, guidance and watching of Aristotle who escaped to a faraway domain to rest.

That's the backstory which I still need to organize. I'll get into the main story (Ioan's story)

The game will take place in 1567 (the idea is that these chain of events created alternate versions of many real life events, such as World Wars 1 and 2, an Ummayad Dynasty that actually remained in power, but some things will remain constant, such as the existence of the mono-theistic religions, the dinosaurs and other shit). Ioan is a Solidus who serves his liege Aristotle along with his only friend Mikayel, another Solidus. Aristotle, who senses the old dark presence of the Absolutus reemerging once again, asks Ioan and Mikayel to enter the realm of humaniciens and investigate it. The tournament will be a part of the story, with the duo sensing the dark energy emanating from it, but it won't be the entire story (thanks Alex/Sin- for suggesting that :3)

^^Once I figure out some more stuff, I'll post a sketch of the game's world map and rewrite the story again.

Also apologize for the 2nd pic's quality, fucking Samsung Galaxy Mini camera sucks flaccid donkey dicks.
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:49:56 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#51  September 14, 2015, 04:49:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Tried to to do something new. I ended up fucking up the panelling a lot, so don't bite. :P

Also yes, this kind of happened to me today, minus the idea of my soul materializing into Haunter.
#52  September 24, 2015, 09:58:17 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A new desperate ploy to revive my art vault:

KoF 2K2-inspired Athena Asamiya in CvS style.
#53  September 25, 2015, 01:10:10 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I was gonna say it looks off from her 2k2 appearance, but I saw this over in the CVS thread and now I understand. It's not bad, I'll give you that. Would be interesting to see you try all of the different Athenas in CvS style. Be a good practice exercise in doing different designs over the same sprite heh~ : 3
#54  September 25, 2015, 01:22:29 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
athena either has big things or little calfs :P
#55  September 25, 2015, 01:26:05 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I was gonna say it looks off from her 2k2 appearance, but I saw this over in the CVS thread and now I understand. It's not bad, I'll give you that. Would be interesting to see you try all of the different Athenas in CvS style. Be a good practice exercise in doing different designs over the same sprite heh~ : 3

It probably would. I'll look into that.

And yeah, if it was 100% 2K2 Athena, I would have just converted her from her SNK sprites, but when it comes to the CvS SNK side characters, I edit them from those CvS incarnations, like my Kyo sprites or this Garou Terry for example:

Don't ask about that weird grey looking thing on his arm, I'll remove that one day. :P

So as you can see, I feel that for the existing SNK characters featured in CvS (well, most of them), it feels better to edit them from their CvS incarnations.

athena either has big things or little calfs :P

Will look into that.
looks nice
#56  September 25, 2015, 01:29:34 am
#57  September 25, 2015, 01:30:37 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#58  September 25, 2015, 01:33:06 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
The grey on Terry's jacket kinda blends in with his shirt.
#59  September 25, 2015, 01:36:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The grey on Terry's jacket kinda blends in with his shirt.

I actually never noticed that until you pointed it out just now. Welp, there's another thing for the art vault to update. :D :D
#60  September 25, 2015, 04:42:11 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So I noticed that I have a lot of time before my only class starts today, so I'll leave these here:

[REMOVED]

Inked line arts of my OCs, Ioan Trafalgar and Mikayel Aslanian, that I scanned in at 300 DPI. When I paint these in, I'll make sure to have solved all line art problems by then, and I'll post concept sprites for them.

Tonight, I'll do a fix to Athena and Terry, so expect that.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:52:44 pm by Zaitsu Hatter