Re: LEAVE won.
#42  June 24, 2016, 08:25:37 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#43  June 25, 2016, 12:30:30 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Because people are that fucking tired of the shit the left is pulling!
so the only solution is to dig your feet in and demand to fuck both yourself and the opposition over?

i thought conservatives were trying to be rationalists.
#44  June 25, 2016, 12:36:26 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#45  June 25, 2016, 12:45:49 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
back off im already all up in his PMs
#46  June 25, 2016, 04:07:38 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#47  June 25, 2016, 04:25:17 am
who wouldn't want to live in the land of beautiful trudeau

#48  June 25, 2016, 04:36:22 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#49  June 25, 2016, 04:37:31 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
so the only solution is to dig your feet in and demand to fuck both yourself and the opposition over?

What other solution did they have? The backbone of the leave movement was migration, and even changing the PM means shit as long as Brussels can impose refugee quotas on any member state of the EU
#50  June 25, 2016, 04:42:17 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
... Brussels of all places does that? Shit, I thought they'd be more reluctant after what happened... and fuck the guys behind the attack, by the way.
#51  June 25, 2016, 04:54:07 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
They haven't done it yet, but the proposal's been around for months.
#52  June 25, 2016, 05:24:08 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#53  June 25, 2016, 06:22:12 am
    • cdw1998600@gmail.com
Well that's on my list of worst mistakes in history.
#54  June 25, 2016, 01:10:37 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Google search trends have revealed that a large percentage of people who voted to leave not only did not know what leaving the EU would actually mean, but also did not know what the EU is before voting to leave it.

Awakening to a stock market plunge and a precipitous decline in the value of the pound that Britain hasn't seen in more than 30 years, voters now face a series of economic shocks that analysts say will only worsen before they improve. The consequences of the leave vote will be felt worldwide, even here in the United States, and some British voters say they now regret casting a ballot in favor of Brexit.

"Even though I voted to leave, this morning I woke up and I just — the reality did actually hit me," one woman told the news channel ITV News. "If I'd had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay."

That confusion over what Brexit might mean for the country's economy appears to have been reflected across the United Kingdom on Thursday. Google reported sharp upticks in searches not only related to the ballot measure but also about basic questions concerning the implications of the vote. At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.

The run-up to the vote was marked by a bitterly divided campaign, one that was as much about immigration fears as it was about the global economy.

But despite the all-out attempts by either side to court voters, Britons were not only mystified by what would happen if they left the E.U.— many seemed not to even know what the European Union is.

Jolly good show, Britain.
#55  June 25, 2016, 01:28:36 pm
#56  June 25, 2016, 01:30:50 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Priorities fam.
Lasagna
#57  June 25, 2016, 01:58:42 pm
The Scots: told you so
#58  June 25, 2016, 03:21:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

What other solution did they have? The backbone of the leave movement was migration, and even changing the PM means shit as long as Brussels can impose refugee quotas on any member state of the EU
Could they not just block the proposal like they have countless others? Is it really worth bottoming out your economy to forgo an extra step to keeping out migrants?
#59  June 25, 2016, 03:23:45 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
As someone who doesn't really keep up with the news and don't know that much about politics, I don't really understand some things, but what I got from the posts here and the article:

-The UK wanted to leave the European Union due to fear of immigrates.
-A vote is held and most of the people vote leave.
-There's huge backlash because leaving the EU will cause economic problems.
-European currency dropped hard in value due the decision.
-They're even worse problems to come, and the people of the UK are starting to regret their decision.

Am I on the money? I honestly thought that Europe wouldn't have a disagreement like this. Sounds like the South in the US during the mid 19th century when  they split and became the confederacy .
#60  June 25, 2016, 03:53:34 pm
-The UK wanted to leave the European Union due to fear of immigrates.
It's not just the anti immigration thing.  Everybody knows the EU has huge problems, like as mentioned before, trying to basically force every countries to be equal on  points where they're obviously not equal, and as a result, pulling everybody down. People in each country can't sell their stuff anymore because the same stuff from poorer countries is much cheaper, even though it's also of much lower quality. France has been arguing about it for a long time about farmers, truck drivers and everything involving low level manual labor, and is still in an obvious impasse because no one can go over these European standards. That's why most people hate this bureaucratic equality that doesn't mean anything, doesn't do any good, and doesn't understand shit about the reality of people's lives. This isn't so much about immigration because people don't have to immigrate to cause that sort of damage, specifically because everyone is free to import stuff from those poorer countries.
Pretty much all of the countries have had that major grief, but none of these governments has been able to do anything about it. Everyone knows it, and that's one of the bigger argument for those who want to leave the EU (ignoring everything else around that).
So no, it's not quite Trump-level yet, but it did get there a lot faster than everyone thought, and way before the USA.

-A vote is held and most of the people vote leave.
Over 60% of voters for Scotland, Northern Ireland, and London voted against. Between 50 and 60% of the people everywhere else voted to leave.
This 48-52 split is awful. If the "remain" had won, everybody would have said "well, you can't ignore that almost half the country wanted to leave, so you'l have to change things". But with the "leave" winning, everyone is saying "that is the will of the British people". No, it's not, it's the will of half the British people (and only a third of Scotland, London, and Northern Ireland), but no one is saying to the winner "well, remember, you still have to accommodate those who didn't vote what you voted".
The result is that Scotland, Ireland, and even London (this one more as a joke but they're still fucking livid about it), are asking to split the fuck off the UK. That's how fucking bad this is - even Northern Ireland is considering reuniting with Ireland, THAT'S how fucking bad it is.
And here we have the people who were against it, call that democracy while sadly shrugging. That's not democracy, that's practically civil war. That's the problem with people who don't understand what democracy is and just say "you can't go against the voice of the people" any time it doesn't go their way. Democracy is finding a good compromise for the most people, angering everyone the least by having everyone giving up a little It's just that, while each country is a democracy, Europe doesn't work as a democracy.

-European currency dropped hard in value due the decision.
UK currency. I don't know that the Euro dropped quite as hard - the Pound dropped to levels unseen since 1985.
-They're even worse problems to come, and the people of the UK are starting to regret their decision.
That one's right, a lot of the people who voted leave didn't realize what that meant, and didn't realize most of the stuff they expected from it wouldn't happen. That's the problem with protest vote : when slightly more than half the country does a protest vote, everybody realizes the size of the land mine they just stepped on. Obviously the real problem is what made half the country do that protest vote in the first place, but the result of that vote is even worse.

By the way, literally the only people happy about it are the far left and far right. Those who have the least clue about how the hell this all works and what that means.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:02:54 pm by Byakko