YesNoOk

QOTD (Read 3312658 times)

Started by Valodim, August 26, 2007, 08:25:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: QOTD
#15241  June 29, 2016, 08:58:43 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I'm a nice guy I swear
#15242  June 29, 2016, 09:30:28 pm

listen up folks real gay people might be getting killed every day but my gay characters are immortal
#15243  July 02, 2016, 03:46:02 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I'll perpetually associate the word "queer" with this mess:
Heterosexual, heteroromantic, and cisgender is not queer. Hetero ace counts as queer.
[...]
You're welcome. As an ace lesbian transfem I sit right at that intersection so this is an issue very close to me.
[...]
Aces can reclaim queer if they want to, queer is not something only non-heterosexual people can use, sometimes identity can be so complex that queer is the only word that fits for some people
Also I would like to highlight that asexual is a NON-heterosexual identity;)
[...]
I specified non-heterosexual /attractions/. No attractions also means none of those. And please, give me one historic example of queer being used against heteroromantic aces / heterosexual aros.
[...]
A cis woman can be in a significant non-romantic, non-sexual partnership with another aro-ace cis woman; likewise for cis men. Their relationship appears lesbian/gay (whether romantic, sexual, or both) to people who assume that romantic and sexual relationships are the only ones that matter enough to "count," or because of amatonormative assumptions they make about the activities that the partners share (holding hands, living together, co-parenting).

These kinds of partnerships are probably more common for aromantic people, but could occur for someone of any romantic/sexual orientation. It's a different kind of attraction/relationship.

Platonic love, or queerplatonic/quasiplatonic love, is subjugated even in alloromantic and allosexual circles which accept queer attractions and gender expressions. Committed friendship and companionate care may be considered queer attractions which don't necessarily have anything to do with sex or romance. Not everyone in those situations will re-/claim "queer," for all the complex reasons people have mentioned here, but it may certainly be used as a slur against them, and it may well fit the context of their partnership as they see it.
[...]
Actually aro/ace people have been called queer since at least Victorian times. They might even have been one of the first groups of people to be called such.
A quick history lesson;
http://autismserenity.tumblr.com/post/122355007066/oodlenoodleroodle-autismserenity-fornaxed
[...]
That post is all over. Unless I'm missing something, the ignorance of people not know asexuality back then was misdirected homophobia. “You could say that the spinsters became queer because they didn’t have sex or didn’t take part in sexual activities, and also because they started to be perceived as potentially homosexual." "the group was considered queer because they were breaking gender norms." Sorry, but that's not what queer means. You are not queer because you break gender norms.
[...]
Okay so, cis het aces are queer, they just are not anywhere near oppressed as others on the MOGAI scale (they still could be heavily oppressed on the Race scale). They have Asexual oppression, but Cis het privilege and they NEED to be aware of that at all times.

Those privileges mean they do not get to talk over those who are not cis or not het.

Aces have a rich history too, it's not as well known in the mainstream but it is by no means doesn't belong in the acronym. The A is for Asexual/Agender so it's very important to make them feel welcome. Just make sure they are also aware of their privilege.

Kinda like cis white gays, they are oppressed for being gay but are oppressors for being white and cis.
[...]
Willow Autumn Scharge because historically Aces ARE oppressed. I get you are upset, but just because someone is cis and het doesn't mean they aren't oppressed.

They could be Black, they could be disabled, they could be autistic, they could be any number of things.

I am not saying they are in the "same boat" as say a Latina Trans Pan Ace. But they still are allowed in our community.

You cant just shut people out because you don't like them when they are part of the community.

I'm a disabled TWOC, and I support Cishet aces, I just tell them to be aware of their privilege they have over other Aces.
#15244  July 02, 2016, 04:00:28 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I associate it with Drew Pickles saying "The Quaker Queer."
#15245  July 02, 2016, 06:31:09 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
To get an idea of my fetish, picture these women like Britney Spears, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Faith Hill, or Brooke Burke getting breast cancer.

-pulls out penis-
#15246  July 02, 2016, 06:48:42 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Dude

No

Stop
#15247  July 02, 2016, 10:18:51 am
where'd you find navigatr's tumblr

lui

#15248  July 02, 2016, 10:20:34 am
    • USA
To get an idea of my fetish, picture these women like Britney Spears, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Faith Hill, or Brooke Burke getting breast cancer.

-pulls out penis-

cmon man, too much, even for me
#15249  July 02, 2016, 11:17:24 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Eh, seen worse.
#15250  July 03, 2016, 01:31:44 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
#15251  July 03, 2016, 04:40:15 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Oh boy more Tumblr garbage
#15252  July 03, 2016, 05:26:39 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
My nigga where were you when Cyan Paul posted the same type of shit on this same page? Let the man live.

p.s. this:
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:37:35 pm by TempesT
#15253  July 03, 2016, 07:49:21 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!
#15254  July 03, 2016, 08:50:28 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#15255  July 03, 2016, 08:56:14 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I'M DA TRAAAAAAAAAASHMAN

I EAT GAAAAAAAAAAAHBAGE
#15256  July 04, 2016, 12:04:40 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Flurry Jo said:
I'm bored & decided to roast the comment section. Don't get happy. You're all nobody. Hold these..lol

Flurry Jo said:
You're work is terrible man. You're not eligible to roast. Do you.

Flurry Jo said:
You say "Jo" like I'm your friend or something. The shade is strong in this one. Hold this L, tacos.

Flurry Jo said:
You're confusing my ego w/ your mom's snatch. ROAST!

Flurry Jo said:
..Because you're an idiot like that. Hold this L.

My potatoes are severely undercooked.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#15257  July 04, 2016, 03:57:39 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Not roasted enough for your tastes?
#15258  July 04, 2016, 02:49:29 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Haven't even defrosted.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#15259  July 04, 2016, 03:27:46 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Yeah well ur gay xdd ROASTED Hold this L
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#15260  July 04, 2016, 03:31:20 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Can I hold that L? I've always wanted to hold an L.