YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 769630 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#161  August 11, 2014, 06:58:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#162  August 11, 2014, 07:06:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
 Chinese mobile gaming giant CMGE

=/

Release games like KOF XI, KOF 98 Remake and 2002 Unlimited Match with online modes for steam already.
#163  August 11, 2014, 07:11:34 pm
#164  August 11, 2014, 07:20:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I wonder how they wil pull teh hd, will it be some shitty filters or will they enslave some workers to redraw ?
#165  August 19, 2014, 10:59:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Weird coincedence.

Today I wanted to buy KOF XIII on Steam but thought it was a bit too expensive since I have the ps3 version already (27,99 euro at steam)

5 Minutes ago I get the newsletter about a new humble bundle and KOF XIII is part of it and its available if you pay around $6.

KEWL https://www.humblebundle.com/

#166  August 23, 2014, 08:45:33 pm
#167  August 23, 2014, 09:26:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Only interesting for some Japanese people living in Japan =/

Release all the old Capcom goodies on Steam or GOG already!
#168  August 23, 2014, 11:59:45 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Or, y'know, arcades running Nesica anywhere.
#169  August 24, 2014, 01:31:44 am
    • USA
Yeah, sure, arcades are everywhere. Now let me check the number of Nesica arcades in my country!

...LOADING...

Oh look! A one digit number!
#170  August 24, 2014, 11:27:14 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I have yet to see a Nesica cabinet around here....
#171  August 24, 2014, 05:23:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Last i saw an Arcade cabinet here was some four year ago and it was running Mame.
#172  August 24, 2014, 07:55:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#173  August 27, 2014, 08:35:06 pm
    • USA

Not talking about the video itself since it's all alpha footage, but I'm not sure if Digital Tribe Games is able to create a decent fighting game :P
#174  August 27, 2014, 08:53:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
C&D incoming
#175  September 02, 2014, 05:24:01 am
Capcom and Dimps working on new fighting game

Capcom is working on a new fighting game with Dimps, Capcom studio producer Yoshinori Ono revealed on Twitter.

“We are recruiting colleagues to work together with us at Dimps studio for new FG,” Ono said in the tweet.

Dimps and Capcom co-developed Street Fighter IV, as well as its many iterations that followed, including Street Fighter X Tekken.

Back in June, Capcom said it was in the “early planning stages” for Street Fighter V. Given Dimps’ history with the franchise, it’s not a stretch to think this might be that project.
#176  September 02, 2014, 06:35:19 am
    • Peru
Vampire?
#177  September 02, 2014, 06:40:30 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
http://www.destructoid.com/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-revolution-receives-official-steam-release-date-279313.phtml

Kewl, didnt know that the Naruto fighting games are available on pc now too

Nice! Can't wait!

http://dreamcancel.com/2014/08/03/kof97-samura-showdown-ii-metal-slug-2-to-receive-hd-remakes-from-cmge/

Holy God! Classics of SNK now in HD! :D

Capcom is porting HSF2, SFA3, Third Strike, and DS3 to NesicaxLive.

Finally Capcom! /o/

Capcom and Dimps working on new fighting game

I check the comments in this site. Most people (including me) are hoping that Capcom and Dimps working in a new Darkstalkers or Rival Schools game.
#178  September 02, 2014, 08:37:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
new street fighter; a resident evil fighting game or a new ip sound more likely than a rival schools or darkstalkers game.
#179  September 02, 2014, 08:59:41 pm
    • Peru
Twist of events: It ends up being some kind of HD treatment for some old game.
#180  September 09, 2014, 04:18:33 am
Not "news," but interesting article on Fighting Vipers 2 done by srk.

In an article series dedicated to obscurities, Fighting Vipers 2 might exist in its own class. It never got an official release in North American arcades, its Dreamcast port was Japan- and Europe-only, and it being a 3D game running on Sega’s (for the time) extremely powerful Model 3 Step 2 hardware means you’re not going to be able to run it on that 8-year old laptop you play GGPO with.

JM: How does the Armor Break system work?

HK: Every character comes into the fight wearing armor. As you block, armor will weaken and if you’re hit by an armor-breaking move when your armor (either high or low) is at its breaking point, then whatever armor the character’s wearing on that part of their body will shatter, leaving them vulnerable to taking more damage. It’s only High and Low that are affected by this — High and Mid are kind of grouped together into one general upper-armor area.

JM: Oh, interesting. Do you know much about the process they used for creating the animations? Was it mo-cap based or mostly done by hand?

HK: There was actually an interview with Kataoka in the UK Sega Saturn magazine where he said only the character intros and a few other things were mo-capped. The rest of it was all done by hand, frame by frame.

JM: Something I have to ask about: There’s a mechanic in the game that increases recovery on moves if you keep using the same one over and over again. What are the details behind that?

HK: I think that was a system they didn’t really mention much for whatever reason. Kind of a weird sub-experiment that they did.

The “Stun Subtraction System” (or SSS for short) is a unique feature in Fighting Vipers 2 that forces players to add variety to their pressure game. Every time a player blocks a move, the game checks the last 16 moves used by the attacking player. The more times the attacker’s used the same move within that 16 move window, the less blockstun the defending player has to wait through before getting a chance to counterattack. Use the same move too many times, and the opponent will eventually be able to recover fast enough to punish previously safe attacks.

JM: So is there any way to play this game in 2014 without going to Japan?

HK: There are Model 3 emulators which run like ass on my system, but I hear they do a pretty good job from people with machines powerful enough to run them. I’m not up on PC specs, but my fairly recent laptop with an i7 and an okay laptop graphics card can’t handle it. You need something high-end to run it.

If by any chance the guys behind the emulator want to add GGPO for Fighting Vipers 2, I’d be tempted to upgrade my machine. Not even joking.

JM: So, any final thoughts on Fighting Vipers 2?

HK: Oh man. This game…if you’re willing to put the effort into learning it, Fighting Vipers 2 is ridiculously fun. The thing I like the most about it is how relentless it is. If you’re playing it well, there’s almost no downtime in the action, something is always happening. You constantly have to look and react. There’s never any long pauses, there’s never a moment where you’re just trying to inch in and get offense going, you’re always just going in on the other guy and vice versa.

This was a game I've always wanted to try (and I wish sega would've been more committed to); i know what I'll be doing for the next couple days.

ps: please do more articles like this; one also exists for SamSho5 Special and Breaker's Revenge.
Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:23:05 am by Niitris