YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 803112 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#221  September 27, 2014, 08:22:21 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?

ROS

#222  September 27, 2014, 10:31:11 pm
Thought I'd bring light to it again. I assumed that there may have been people who haven't tried it yet.
#223  September 30, 2014, 06:17:52 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#224  September 30, 2014, 06:21:23 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#225  September 30, 2014, 08:49:40 pm
    • Germany
#226  September 30, 2014, 08:56:41 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Yeah, cameos, but this time they're pretty much part of the roster. But why should I care, it's just a crappy mobile game.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#227  September 30, 2014, 09:02:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
mai was this close to being playable, thanks memory limits.
#228  September 30, 2014, 10:07:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Its Korean and features no Kim Kapwham? booo
#229  October 08, 2014, 11:09:00 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:13:05 am by DKDC
#230  October 08, 2014, 11:22:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They sold more than some AAA titles released in the same time frame, expecting it to sell more than  any other title sold in the time frame is ridiculous.
#231  October 08, 2014, 11:46:12 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
It really should have been an enhanced rerelease of Chronicle with online play.

Either way, Capcom doesn't want to take anymore "risks," so I'm not surprised.
#232  October 08, 2014, 12:21:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
at the bare minimum they should have vampire savior dx, with all the characters, having a version that has less characters than the ps1 version is ridiculous.
#233  October 08, 2014, 12:40:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"Ono: That's what I've always been telling the company too. But at the end of the day, there are just some brick walls that a salaryman can never overcome *laughs*. For instance, if a game doesn't sell over 2 million copies, then we'd have to put the brakes on any plans for a sequel. All that means is that we weren't capable enough. And all we can do after that is to reflect on the experience, take what we can learn from it, and try to apply those lessons on some other title."

Yeah..because it is impossible for Capcom to create a new fighting game that does not need to sell 2 M copies and does not need to be x million dollars expensive.

Goddamn sell your licenses already to developers who are able to create great fighting games for less budget costs and don't make us fighting game players hesitate to buy a game because it is full with stupid dlc crap.
#234  October 08, 2014, 12:55:50 pm
Not as easy as it sounds.

Even if they were to make a budget title, programming for it is expensive. Then they have to make something with PS4/XB1 worthy visuals. Only way they would break even is if they made Super-Deluxe versions and even then, they'd have to make new assets for those games. They would've made a new DS years ago if it was that simple.

That said, I do think they're underestimating their own branding power because if done right, Darkstalkers would sell. But of course "done right" is not something I have much faith in regards to current-day Capcom. Best case scenario: a hypothetical Capcom All-Stars for PS4/XB1 (more realistic possibility) revitalizes the interest in some of those IPs as standalone titles.
#235  October 08, 2014, 01:01:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe they should just give the license for Darkstalkers to Arc System Works and see them making profit. These guys do all the dlc shit too but at least they provide one good fighting game after another.
#236  October 08, 2014, 07:56:59 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I would've bought Resurrection but the fact that it was a straight arcade port with no extras (What Iced said, plus Dee, the Tower of Chaos stage, character boost mode, and all those neat things wouldn't hurt either)
#237  October 08, 2014, 08:02:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah. Me and my friend bought the game but still play DS Collection when we play local 2 player. Not having all the characters really hurt the game :(
#238  October 08, 2014, 08:21:51 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
And that the only DLC was shit you'd end up never looking at or being able to look at really hurt. No one cares about ingame arcade decorations for DLC when PSX version roster or Dee coulda been a thing (They made Oboro Bishamon playable in this VS1 when you couldn't in the original VS IIRC)

A really dumb part of me wonders if DSR was flatout sabotaged so that Capcom wouldn't feel obligated to make DS4.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#239  October 09, 2014, 07:35:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
They have the source code, not to mention loads of experience repackaging things (more than any company I have ever seen, and Nintendo has rereleased SMB3 no less than 3 times) so I don't understand why we didn't at least get PS1 DS3 with full frames of animation and sound quality that isn't ass.

Then again they couldn't even do that with JoJo HD and that was a straight-up port of the DC version, so again, why not Chronicle?
#240  October 09, 2014, 02:53:10 pm
  • Quick, change the channel!
    • www.angelfire.com/hero/justicia/index.html
Not as easy as it sounds.

Even if they were to make a budget title, programming for it is expensive. Then they have to make something with PS4/XB1 worthy visuals. Only way they would break even is if they made Super-Deluxe versions and even then, they'd have to make new assets for those games. They would've made a new DS years ago if it was that simple.

Skullgirls.

If they released a Darkstalkers game with a similar quality to Skullgirls but thrice the characters, they'd easily manage to sell thrice as much as Skullgirls did, and that's being pesimistic. They don't need to sell zillions to make a profit.
Dance time!
Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:23:00 pm by mikros