YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4724917 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Everyone Updated (03/18/22)
#881  March 19, 2022, 04:50:31 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Also, new poll question on how Bursts should regenerate. This won't be something that I'll be implementing right away, just something for me to consider for a future large scale update.

Another system update?! Definitely can't wait to see how this ends up, considering the NOY one was epic.

also there's two things about Pyra I should note about, mainly her JPN sound patch I made recently.

1. how long does Pyras intro against Vlov last for? I just thought I needed to make an adjustment to sfx no. 192,0 in my JPN voice patch to prevent overlapping on Vlovs special intro sfx. The sfx for her lasts for 7 seconds, while the English one lasts for 3 seconds.

2. I know Pyras Japanese name is homura, but in your website some are gonna be confused of who its inferring to (Homura as in "The Character" whos already Japanese).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#882  March 20, 2022, 06:43:45 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
1. how long does Pyras intro against Vlov last for? I just thought I needed to make an adjustment to sfx no. 192,0 in my JPN voice patch to prevent overlapping on Vlovs special intro sfx. The sfx for her lasts for 7 seconds, while the English one lasts for 3 seconds.

Pyra actually speaks after Vlov, and the round announcement plays shortly after she's done talking. Also, even though you have used the voice clip with the same ID as the English clip, she actually says something entirely different. It's something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but my food is only going to get hotter", which doesn't make much sense as a response to Vlov's "More... I need more of that heat".

If you still want to stick with that voice clip, you could cut out the "Gomenasai" and shorten the pause between the other two phrases.

2. I know Pyras Japanese name is homura, but in your website some are gonna be confused of who its inferring to (Homura as in "The Character" whos already Japanese).

I mean I guess that could be the case for the recent updates section, where Homura is probably not going to show up too often, but everywhere else the names are accompanied by their respective big portraits so they should be able to tell the difference just by looking at those.

#883  March 20, 2022, 11:20:18 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So I finally got around checking everyone. The colors are fine now, but the flashes on these characters are still left unchanged (Mostly those that weren't mentioned on the previous page):
-Yang
-Ruby
-Gordeau
-Taiga
-Nanase
-Carmine
-Shana
-Kohaku

I used to think they were fine before as I didn't mention them previously as they were consistent with the rest. But now after everyone got updated, they stand out more as it makes their flashes look higher than those with a taller height (Terumi and Yu used to be like that, but not anymore and looks much better now) while Yang and Ruby's still aren't the same as Robo Weiss. But as for the ones on Mika, Mai and Azrael, they look more noticeable when it's translucent instead. Guess blue would pop out more since it's too dark to keep it opaque, so I'll leave that color as an exception. Jin was pretty translucent too, but his outfit made it stand out with the flash and not so much with Es or Ky despite being the same color.

And about this bug fix:
-Fixed an error where the opponent could skip straight to their liedown animation without a shockwave effect upon hitting the ground during the custom fall states
Was this related to the thing back when I pointed out on Saya a year ago? If so, that's good you finally figured out how to get that fixed. I thought you needed them to override fall.defenceup so damage can scale properly during OTGs. Hopefully the shockwaves play consistency now and won't sometimes not.

Also while I tested Heart, you missed this small feedback I posted on her:
-The normal shockwaves on 5BBB and her running throw is layered incorrectly (I just realized those are in front and not behind like her 66B).
-The opponent's get hit position on her backwards throw gets misaligned for half a second.
-The Super Flash on Super Amazing Iron Fist Punch of Love when she summons Partinias should be 7002 instead of from the fightfx (Previously it was fine before NOY, but now uses the stronger spark sound. So having that would be much fitting like Kirby or Terumi).
Her astral heat super spark is meant to play the new one during the Partinias animation. You only have the fightfx super spark only when Ultra Burst is activated for NOY now, not during distortion drives and astral heats anymore.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#884  March 20, 2022, 04:19:26 pm
    • USA
All fixed.

Was this related to the thing back when I pointed out on Saya a year ago? If so, that's good you finally figured out how to get that fixed. I thought you needed them to override fall.defenceup so damage can scale properly during OTGs. Hopefully the shockwaves play consistency now and won't sometimes not.

It is. The custom fall states are still being used, but I was able to apply a piece of code to them to prevent that error from happening.

#885  March 21, 2022, 12:34:31 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY I saw your combo demo of Vlov, nice work dude on translating his combos and super into Mugen. Since this is your second character from Melty Blood Type Lumina, have you found anything interesting about them ripping wise and have you learned new stuff or discovered anything interesting? By the way I saw your Robo Weiss in a Saltybet tournament and he was really cool. If you don't mind me asking what inspired you to create him and what was the development process like? Either choosing the voice clips for Robo Weiss or designing the moveset like adding in Merkava's savage arm spinning and Robo Weiss random combustion move that says "TIME UP". Also what was the inspiration behind his Astral Finish of blowing up a entire continent?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#886  March 25, 2022, 03:49:34 am
    • USA
Since this is your second character from Melty Blood Type Lumina, have you found anything interesting about them ripping wise and have you learned new stuff or discovered anything interesting?

Well, I haven't actually completed Type Lumina's single player content yet, so you could imagine my surprise when I came across a voice clip of Vlov exclaiming that he is Santa Claus as I was going through the files.

If you don't mind me asking what inspired you to create him and what was the development process like? Either choosing the voice clips for Robo Weiss or designing the moveset like adding in Merkava's savage arm spinning and Robo Weiss random combustion move that says "TIME UP". Also what was the inspiration behind his Astral Finish of blowing up a entire continent?

Robo-Weiss spawned from a really dumb idea that I had for preventing infinites in which the character would just blow up the moment a loop has been detected. She was designed around that very idea which is why he has a counter and a life steal. The Astral Heat was just meant to be a very exaggerated version their gimmick. Robo-Weiss was also originally going to be voiced by me speaking in Google translated German. I had some lines recorded but I really didn't like how they turned out, so I decided to go with Hans Volter instead.
#887  March 25, 2022, 08:20:57 pm
OHMSBY, you're still interested in doing more Blade Strangers characters in the future?

Also, probably this was fixed and this works mostly in training mode since there is infinite meter, but Shana's EX Hien can be spammed very quickly. Not sure if this was intended.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Vlov Arkhangel Released (03/18/22)
#888  March 28, 2022, 03:58:00 am
    • USA
Vlov has been released.

IMPORTANT: If certain parts of Vlov's Astral heat is not showing or moving properly, then the stage's leftbound and rightbound values need to be increased. Setting the leftbound to -20000 and the rightbound to 20000 in the stage's .def file (both values are normally located under [Player Info]) is recommended, and does not cause any side effects to the stage.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Vlov here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/146YgGMme3NfK4gLHKHQFHdZCAKLpya9J/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.

OHMSBY, you're still interested in doing more Blade Strangers characters in the future?

Probably.

Shana's EX Hien can be spammed very quickly. Not sure if this was intended.

It was intended. It can only be done in succession up to four times in an actual match without the auto regen that you get during training mode, plus there are much better things you could do with full meter.
#889  March 29, 2022, 12:15:17 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I found an error where Ky can do Shock State to Piranha Plant by hitting Fire Ball and Ptooie using Charged Stun Edge.
#890  March 30, 2022, 01:59:04 am
    • USA
Fixed.

Ky
-Fixed an error where Shockstate would still be present  after an attack that would normally remove it if the opponent was first hit by jC
-Fixed an error where Charged Stun Edge could apply shockstate to the opponent by hitting certain helpers
#891  March 30, 2022, 06:27:09 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Here's a question after watching your videos that caught my attention.

Your chars are coded in a way that the Zoom features of 1.1 does not ruin the Super Background Effects?
#892  March 30, 2022, 11:02:32 am
    • Indonesia
hey ohmsby please dont make your characters too overpowered becus there are people who play mugen (IKEMEN GO) competitively with different styles
#893  March 31, 2022, 06:25:07 am
    • USA
Here's a question after watching your videos that caught my attention.

Your chars are coded in a way that the Zoom features of 1.1 does not ruin the Super Background Effects?

Yeah. The super background isn't an image sequence, but rather a series of moving and transforming sprites. Applying "bindtime=-1" to explods that have postypes that are not p1 or p2 will allow them to stick to the screen regardless of the current zoom. The clouds are actually just being stretched by a modifyexplod, but they have been aligned in a way that creates the illusion that they are moving.

hey ohmsby please dont make your characters too overpowered becus there are people who play mugen (IKEMEN GO) competitively with different styles

I hate to break it to you, but you can't have a competitive roster consisting of varying gameplay styles that each follow their own rules with their own definitions on what is "overpowered" and expect it to be balanced.
#894  April 02, 2022, 03:11:17 am
  • uhee~
What stages do you use on your latest video? (Vlov gameplay and Merkava reveal)
#895  April 02, 2022, 05:19:23 am
    • USA
"New Meridian Rooftop Assault" by Ryutaro (Which I edited to look nicer in a 4:3 aspect ratio) and "Glacier (Night)" by Tahattus. Both stages only work in 1.1 and Ikemen GO.
#896  April 07, 2022, 11:49:57 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, have you thought of doing a special intro of Merkvaka vs Robo-Weiss,? Mainly since Robo-Weiss borrows Merkava's spinning arms move and and both characters(well, the voice clips of Hans Volter at least) share similarities with each other, mainly both of them are victims are their own experiments, with Merkvaka being involuntary due to experimenting with EXS to become a Re-Birth and being a void and Hans being voluntary due to experimenting with biotechnology to further his lifespan and continue his mad scientist experiments.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#897  April 11, 2022, 05:03:20 am
    • USA
They both have a few voice clips that could work well together, so I may make a special interaction between them. If not now, then probably further down the line when I start on the next system update.
#898  April 17, 2022, 12:02:05 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So it's been a while since I posted on the topic as I took a hiatus for two weeks starting in April. Now coming back, I forgot to mention that there are other character's throws that cause the opponent get hits to be misaligned when P2 does it just like Vlov previously. I also seem to found some debug errors (The same ones Vocalnoid mentioned). Here are those that are affected plus any other unrelated feedback if any:

Ragna:
-Forward throw (The opponent gets misaligned two times for half a second during their get hit animation)

Wagner:
-Forward/Backwards throws (P1 gets pulled a few pixels backwards, but does not when it's the other way around)

Kirby:
-Forward/Backwards throw (The opponent is still in a blocking get hit frame while being lifted)
-Might as well give a tiny update his copy abilities to give Mario Gallo Bestino Yo-yo since he uses puppet strings.

Tager:
-Forward/Backwards throws (The opponent gets misaligned for half a second during their get hit animation)

Susano'o:
-Forward/Backwards throws (The opponent gets misaligned for half a second during their get hit animation)

Saya:
-Forward/Backwards throws (The get hit is off by a half a tick before the flesh grabs them)

Heart:
-Backwards throw (The opponent gets misaligned for half a second during their get hit animation)
-I checked the running throw again with a different fightfx and the shockwave when she hits the ground still seems to be layered in front.

Bisclavret:
-Forward/Backwards throws (The opponent is still in a standing get hit frame while being lifted)

Lambda-11:
-Backwards throw (The opponent gets misaligned for half a second during their get hit animation)

Homura:
-The grab sound on her air throw is louder than normal as it plays twice at the same time.

Ky:
-His air throw causes the state 853 changed to invalid action debug error when used on himself.
-Stun Dipper, Greed Sever and EX Greed Sever causes expression truncated to integer debug errors when the opponent is hit during Shock State.

Hilda:
-Her A command normals, B command normals, all throws, Interference B and Pillar of Reverence causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

King K. Rool:
-Forward/Backwards throws (The opponent is still in a standing get hit frame while being lifted)

Vlov:
-His forward/backwards throws causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

The animations for the opponent's get hits should be the same for both sides as it's works fine for P1, but not P2. So what exactly causes this? For those I haven't mentioned, I believe they are fine since the opponent get hits don't get misaligned for a half a second or still in a standing frame while being moved off the ground.

Also while I was checking the throws, I had a situation where Lambda's frames on her throws went missing while Yu's helpers were glitching out and his persona started missing frames when I got to them. I just reset the game and works normally after that. I think I'm going to start having debug mode on from here on out when I test your characters as that could be a factor why that happened as debug flood can possibly carry over to later matches and suddenly close the game unexpectedly (Which occurred during an arcade run with Hyde and Vlov once right when I KOed the opponent). I may go back to the older characters again to see if they have any debug errors before the large system update happens.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 02:35:31 pm by ZolidSone
#899  April 17, 2022, 02:07:26 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
What's up? I have another few questions out of curiosity that others might find interesting.

1. Who is your most favorite mugen char that isn't made by you, K6666orochi, Ichida, or Resentone? and was that char one of the reasons you join in to the mugen scenery in the first place?

2. Do you like mobile games? if so, what's your favorite one. (considering you made Maid Taiga from Crossing Void)

3. Will you ever make another stage someday? I really like how you captured the Astral Birth: Void stage to a more aesthetic-like Guilty Gear XX look to it.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Quick Update for 14 Characters (04/17/22)
#900  April 17, 2022, 07:37:19 pm
    • USA

All fixed:

-The following characters have recieved quick fixes to minor bugs mostly related to their throws as Player 2:
Ragna, Kirby, Susanoo, Heart, Tager, Wagner, K Rool, Hilda, Saya, Bisclavret, Lambda-11, Homura, Ky, and Vlov

The animations for the opponent's get hits should be the same for both sides as it's works fine for P1, but not P2. So what exactly causes this?

It seems that the P2 side is just one frame slower at reaching the trigger for the custom state upon transitioning from the Throw escape opportunity state into the actual throw state, but I have absolutely no idea why that's the case. This can be worked around fortunately.

Also while I was checking the throws, I had a situation where Lambda's frames on her throws went missing while Yu's helpers were glitching out and his persona started missing frames when I got to them. I just reset the game and works normally after that.

This sounds like something that you'll have to mess around with mugen.cfg to fix. you may want to start with HelperMax, LayeredSpriteMax, and SpriteDecompressionBufferSize.

1. Who is your most favorite mugen char that isn't made by you, K6666orochi, Ichida, or Resentone? and was that char one of the reasons you join in to the mugen scenery in the first place?

The three that I have used the most before I started working on my own stuff was Faust by Muteki, Taiga by Kohaku, and D4Kirby by Seku. The character that got me interested in Mugen in the first place was ShinRyoga's Mario.

2. Do you like mobile games? if so, what's your favorite one. (considering you made Maid Taiga from Crossing Void)

Fire Emblem Heroes. I've lost interest in every other Mobile Gacha game that I have tried after playing them for about a week at most, but FEH has been the only one that I have actually been sticking with to this day.

I've also played the mobile ports of the Cave Shmups a lot back in my college days.

3. Will you ever make another stage someday? I really like how you captured the Astral Birth: Void stage to a more aesthetic-like Guilty Gear XX look to it.

I'm actually making another stage specifically as a companion piece for my next character after Merkava, so keep an eye out for that.