YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919837 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#181  December 06, 2014, 03:41:32 am
    • Peru
Lot's of salt on this thread, people. That's really bad for your blood pressure.

We got, what? 10 seconds of gameplay and game is already shit?
#182  December 06, 2014, 03:47:44 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
We apparently have two years of good stuff to learn more about this game. Let's not count chickens yet...
#183  December 06, 2014, 03:54:07 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
WELP! I hope Capcom does Another exclusive fight club here in NYC to try the game out like they did SF X T!! I had fun!!

cant wait to get on this! :twisted:

EDIT:

Hey could one of you guys upload the video file to mediafire? I see sendspace but i cant get to that site anymore.

I'm getting kinda sick of the whole ink effects, I didn't want those carried over from SFIV, I thought they fitted SFIV because of the stylized textures and whatnot.
Then again, Alpha footage.

Yeah you have a point there on that. I Must agree
Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:46:56 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#184  December 06, 2014, 04:53:28 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I actually liked the ink stuff. It looked like they were hitting so hard, they would turn back into drawings or something. I just thought it was the game's "blood".
#185  December 06, 2014, 05:32:29 am
  • all is love in fair and war
the ink looks more fluid, no problem for me
but, those character meshes (ryu and chun li) and their texture don't belong in 2k+10 ish era. I hope they ditch the cartoony proportion already and make the characters look real, give Chun a believable sexy muscular thighs, instead of that chicken drumstick look.
#186  December 06, 2014, 05:35:49 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I know I am late to the party, but...

No offense, but why is Street Fighter V looks a lot like IV?

I know it is alpha, but can't they do something different to tell the two games apart? II has 16 bit sprites. III has refines sprites. IV has 3d and a cell-shaded effect. What does this one have?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#187  December 06, 2014, 05:40:33 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It's pretty sad how much of this topic is complaining about graphics.  Then again we don't have ANY gameplay to go off so it's Capcom's fault there too.
#188  December 06, 2014, 05:41:11 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Uh... guys? TxSF? Anyone? (Yes, at this rate we'll get SFV before TxSF)

“I will go down in the history books as one of Japan’s most influential people,” stated Harada, “I originally wanted Tekken to be more like Summer Lesson but without virtual reality, people were unable to view Nina the same way I did. Now people will know me as the person who single-handedly controlled all of Japan’s men. After all, it is either this or Tekken X Street Fighter and I would much rather destroy Japan than work on Tekken X Street Fighter.”

source

http://www.p4rgaming.com/japans-health-ministry-fears-summer-lesson-will-destroy-population-begs-sony-not-to-release-game/

Forgive me if this source is sarcastic but it sounds fake as fuck.

SNT

#189  December 06, 2014, 05:55:16 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The source is sarcastic, but I don't forgive you.
#190  December 06, 2014, 05:55:19 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
why is Street Fighter V looks a lot like IV?

I know it is alpha, but can't they do something different to tell the two games apart? II has 16 bit sprites. III has refines sprites. IV has 3d and a cell-shaded effect. What does this one have?
Likely to save resources by reusing the SFIV models + modifying, not very surprising if true.
#191  December 06, 2014, 05:58:27 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#192  December 06, 2014, 06:04:14 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
It's pretty sad how much of this topic is complaining about graphics.  Then again we don't have ANY gameplay to go off so it's Capcom's fault there too.
Well in one the snippets from the gameplay part, Ryu does a pose of sorts but later sprouts black ink and lightning around for a brief moment.

And since Sony exclusive I'm trying to think who is the inevitable guest character for promotion's sake.  I wouldn't mind seeing Toro again and his model is already there in SFxT for a quick port.
Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:08:04 am by Kirishima
#193  December 06, 2014, 06:19:04 am
I know I am late to the party, but...

No offense, but why is Street Fighter V looks a lot like IV?

I would say IV looks better than this, tbh.

Ikeno's designs (assuming he has anything to do with this) work a lot better when they're cellshaded and cartoony. The proportions are still exaggerated, but the textures have a level of realism that is unbefitting of Street Fighter IMO.
#194  December 06, 2014, 06:25:47 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Honestly, I can understand the sticklers for graphics, but I'm gonna play the old "I care more about the gameplay" position. Those aerial raves look sick, I'm anxious to see how it turns out when it gets close to retail.

The source is sarcastic, but I don't forgive you.
:(
#195  December 06, 2014, 06:27:03 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
im kinda mad they still look like sacks of potatoes
#196  December 06, 2014, 06:34:52 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
#197  December 06, 2014, 06:45:12 am
II has 16 bit sprites. III has refines sprites. IV has 3d and a cell-shaded effect. What does this one have?

1080p? :sadgoi:

Speaking of graphics, that stage looks kinda "busy," I hope they'll have more "playing-friendly" stages. I only say this because Capcom kinda overlooked this last time and things wound up to where the training stage became quite the popular venue.
Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:48:13 am by Jiinx
#198  December 06, 2014, 06:50:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
good..that's what the Evil Microsoft guys get for not sharing Killer Instinct.. >:(
I too think it's disgusting when companies don't put their first party games on other consoles.

I hope they ditch the cartoony proportion already and make the characters look real, give Chun a believable sexy muscular thighs, instead of that chicken drumstick look.
SF has always, always had an exaggerated, cartoonish look; why should they switch over to a realistic look now?

Aerial Raves? Awwww man... (Note: I didn't watch the video.)
jesus tittyfucking christ, dude
#199  December 06, 2014, 06:52:05 am
i can't say anything about the gameplay because there's barely anything to go by. i can say stuff about the graphics. i think they look like shit for a "next gen" game. okay bye
#200  December 06, 2014, 06:59:05 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Is that an aerial rave or Chun Li's MK command normal in the air? The bounce one? I'd just like confirmation, it sort of looked like it to me.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!