YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919513 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#321  December 07, 2014, 06:30:16 pm
    • USA
Yet you can't pick a stage on training mode.
#322  December 07, 2014, 06:33:54 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
That seems like a very minor, cosmetic complaint compared to everything else.  Even if it is something that literally every other fighter on the market lets you do.
#323  December 07, 2014, 06:46:37 pm
    • USA
Hardly minor when you train for so long the Training Stage music drives you nuts (Especially when one actually enjoys the music and different stages in this game like I do). One of the few things SFXT did better than SFIV.

If we're going to talk about true convenience, I'd rather highlight Skullgirls than SFIV. You can't even restart a fight from the pause menu in SFIV.
#324  December 07, 2014, 06:47:40 pm
    • USA
Skullgirls also has the 360 detection system which is quite nice, and a very good training mode.  I've been told KI has a good training mode as well.
#325  December 07, 2014, 06:52:42 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Isn't Skullgirls missing a command list?

Or did they fix that already
#326  December 07, 2014, 07:00:02 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Its had ingame command lists for a good while now.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#327  December 07, 2014, 07:40:14 pm
#328  December 07, 2014, 08:19:56 pm
lol. i like his rants and reviews, although he does some cringeworthy things sometimes.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#329  December 07, 2014, 08:30:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he was one of the persons crying his arse off that rocket racoon and modok were UNWANTED.
He doesnt know shit of what he is talking about.
#330  December 07, 2014, 08:33:47 pm
i haven't played MVC 3, but yeah he was angry about not including fan requested characters like gambit and carnage and replacing them with less known characters.
whats wrong with that?
#331  December 07, 2014, 08:35:47 pm
    • USA
Angry Joe is a parasite of the worst kind.

Essentially he tries to present himself as a "consumer rights" guy (like other YTers such as EventStatus, BlackBusterCritic, etc.) but he creates "issues" out of thin air and twists facts to help himself get views/money.  MEANWHILE when a real issue pops up in the industry he's dead silent, cause he wants those connections.  Fuck him.

fan requested characters like carnage

Hahahahaha
#332  December 07, 2014, 08:39:50 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
he was one of the persons crying his arse off that rocket racoon and modok were UNWANTED.
He doesnt know shit of what he is talking about.

Okay, while I can accept rocket racoon, as he's actually really cool if you know who he is, let's be honest, no one wanted to play as MODOK.

fan requested characters like carnage

Hahahahaha

While I can understand that a lot of people don't like carnage (Not sure why, really, but that's just me) you must admit he's infinitely more requested then MODOK ever was.
#333  December 07, 2014, 08:47:53 pm
i'll give you some people not wanting rocket raccoon or modok, but the game had plenty of characters i would think were relatively popular "fan requests" (or were just well received when they were revealed). on new characters alone you had ghost rider, nemesis, phoenix wright, vergil, thor, ghost rider, deadpool, wesker, amaterasu, arthur, dante, haggar, bionic commando. angry joe is a shitdick
#334  December 07, 2014, 08:50:17 pm
#335  December 07, 2014, 08:51:45 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I'm pretty sure Viewtful Joe can go up there, too, as a fan pick.
#336  December 07, 2014, 08:53:43 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
i'll give you some people not wanting rocket raccoon or modok, but the game had plenty of characters i would think were relatively popular "fan requests" (or were just well received when they were revealed). on new characters alone you had ghost rider, nemesis, phoenix wright, vergil, thor, ghost rider, deadpool, wesker, amaterasu, arthur, dante, haggar, bionic commando. angry joe is a shitdick
True enough. I'm not saying one Lolwtf? character is really that bad, cause that's what MODOK was, it's just He's not even like Rocket Racoon who's cool when you look into him (I also Think Shuma-Gorath is like that as well, but I digress) He's not cool, he's just dumb.

BUT.... This topic is becoming less about SFV and More about angry Joe and MVC3. So... On Topic... What do you think they will show next week? a New Character?
#337  December 07, 2014, 08:56:20 pm
#338  December 07, 2014, 09:04:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i haven't played MVC 3, but yeah he was angry about not including fan requested characters like gambit and carnage and replacing them with less known characters.
whats wrong with that?
The thing wrong with that is that if anyoen took them seriously it would stunt the growth of those games.  Modok is so famous amidst marvel fans that Toyfare had a long running comic with him. Having him fleshed out was pretty cool. One of the highlights of the game.

The fans of comics requested characters they cared about, what he wanted were characters he specifically grew up with, like cyclops, venom and lol sentinel.
Comic fans wanted Iron fist, Ghost rider, she hulk, Modok. characters they actually know. Capcom got a lot of the fan popular characters while allowing marvel to actually direct what focus should be had ( like removing the FF for "Reasons" )
He was just trying to pass himself off as one of the consumer base while feigning being offended.   Most videos Ive seen of him are him brooding and angrily shouting and claiming to be offended/hurt/attacked while talking of things he doesnt know about.

You know who was completely missing and left fans puzzled? Silver Surfer. 
Both carnage and venom hadnt been in the comics for over ten years at that point.
#339  December 07, 2014, 09:12:56 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
He was just trying to pass himself off as one of the consumer base while feigning being offended.   Most videos I've seen of him are him brooding and angrily shouting and claiming to be offended/hurt/attacked while talking of things he doesn't know about.

Yeah, a guy yelling opinions and talking of things he has knowledge of isn't something you can take seriously. I remember seeing a video of him doing an angry review of DmC: Devil may Cry. Guy doesn't know shit, all he does is yell.

You know who was completely missing and left fans puzzled? Silver Surfer.
Both carnage and venom hadn't been in the comics for over ten years at that point.

I recall Silver Surfer being cut out of MvC3 because of problems integrating his surf board into the system (bullshit excuse, mind you)
And yeah, if Carnage and Venom hadn't been in comics for years at that point, then what incentive would Capcom have had to put either one of them in, as well as Marvel probably saying no?
This is a generic forum signature.
#340  December 07, 2014, 09:34:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
company can change their design, look what the total opposite snk did to kof realistic looking chars into cartoon...
The XIII sprites have more in common with the older KOF sprites than, say, CvS, or something. XIII's sprites are not a reinvention of what came before, they're merely an adjustment. Capcom shouldn't totally discard the visual identity of their franchise.

let's be honest, no one wanted to play as MODOK.
Yeah, no, that's fucking bullshit, lots of people wanted MODOK. MODOK is an iconic Marvel character who has had a long history in comics; that's more than can be said of say, Shuma Gorath (not to put down old Shumy, but he's not a major Marvel character in any way shape or form) and random Sentinel model that was invented for CotA and never appeared in the comics.

I mean jeez, he's a gigantic flying head with tiny baby arms that's named the Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing! That's not a great concept, it's a transcendent one!

While I can understand that a lot of people don't like carnage (Not sure why, really, but that's just me)
He's a terribly written character with a shitty concept (what if Venom was eeeeeeeeeeevil? wait shit Venom's already evil, OK, what if he was even MORE evil?); a cheap knockoff of the Joker with none of the nuance. Throughout his history he's never really been used or written well and had, in fact, been dead for 5 years when MvC3 was in development. Marvel has only recently brought him back (around 4 months before vanilla MvC3 came out), and has majorly revamped the character to the point where he didn't suck anymore, and while I still wouldn't call him a great character, he's at least not outrageously terrible now.

And every single one of the Marvel characters in MvC3 deserved a spot in the roster over him.