Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#921  February 26, 2015, 10:07:13 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Why in the mother of FUCK would Capcom ever add characters from RIVAL SCHOOLS into a STREET FIGHTER game?
And don't fucking tell me it's because of playable Sakura Kasugano in Rival Schools, because that does NOT fucking count!

Maybe for the same reason of Guy, Sodom, Rolento, Poison, Cody and Hugo are participating on a SF game? Remember.. Final Fight.

And yes, basically Rival Schools shares the same world with SF characters. Hinata and Natsu are long-time friends of Sakura and Kei, so this counts... I think.

I think Rival Schools and Final Fight are the only games who shares the same world with SF characters. Unless the "reincarnation bônus ending" of Asura's Wrath is considered. "human Asura" should be a nice "Joke" or a "Bônus" character in future.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#922  February 26, 2015, 10:14:39 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Why in the mother of FUCK would Capcom ever add characters from RIVAL SCHOOLS into a STREET FIGHTER game?
And don't fucking tell me it's because of playable Sakura Kasugano in Rival Schools, because that does NOT fucking count!

Why does Mortal Kombat have freaking Kratos from God of War? There's always a good chance of guest appearances, especially in a fighting. Look at Guy as another example. Moreover, compared to Kratos in MK, Rival School is also owned by Capcom iirc so there's an even higher chance of them appearing :I
#923  February 26, 2015, 10:22:22 pm
The difference is that Street Fighter was meant to be a sequel to Final Fight  so both series were always linked. I read that the team behind Rival Schools wanted the series took place in the same universe of Street Fighter, but  having  too many kids having the same fighting skills than the characters from street fighter, would make the street fighters  look  not so strong as they mean to be and discarted the idea( For that reason Sakura didn't  returned in the sequels) But anyway, they could use any excuse to add Rival Schools characters into the game if they wanted to, the problem is that they probably don't want to do it.
#924  February 26, 2015, 10:45:34 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Woah man, did rival schools kill your parents or something? why do you hate them so much?

Honestly It'd make sense, or at least as much sense as the final fight characters, considering before SFA their only connection was Chun-Li in the noodle shop in Final FIght 2, Sakura in RIval Schools is a much ,much more of a connection then that.

Not saying I want any rival school characters, mind you but your reaction is ridiculously angry for something so unimportant.
Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:48:42 pm by -Whiplash-
#925  February 26, 2015, 11:19:02 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Why does Mortal Kombat have freaking Kratos from God of War? There's always a good chance of guest appearances, especially in a fighting. Look at Guy as another example. Moreover, compared to Kratos in MK, Rival School is also owned by Capcom iirc so there's an even higher chance of them appearing :I

Don't forget Freddy Krueger :laugh:
I'm just basically agreeing with this, but I highly doubt they'll consider it..

Honestly It'd make sense, or at least as much sense as the final fight characters, considering before SFA their only connection was Chun-Li in the noodle shop in Final FIght 2, Sakura in RIval Schools is a much ,much more of a connection then that.

There's also Guile in the hangar in Final Fight 2, and Batsu, Hinata, Natsu, Kyosuke, and Shoma making small cameos in Street Fighter Legends: Sakura, and the fact that Capcom established in Rival Schools that Sakura, Natsu, and Hinata are childhood friends. So maybe there's a 1% chance that a Rival Schools char might make the cut for SFV.

This is a generic forum signature.
#926  February 26, 2015, 11:58:27 pm
Why are people saying Bison has a new outfit, the silhouette looks like his typical garb.
The top, yes, but check out the legs, you can see he has some sort of long coat (visible just before he does his "psycho-powered burst" thing, pause and step frame by frame just when he lights up). People somehow think it looks like Zero, but it's... just a random long coat for all we can see.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#927  February 27, 2015, 12:08:51 am
Yeah, I noticed looking at it more closely.

Honestly, Street Fighter would be better for adding a few chars from Rival Schools.
#928  February 27, 2015, 12:10:09 am
#929  February 27, 2015, 12:20:03 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen

#930  February 27, 2015, 12:23:04 am
... What about it ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#931  February 27, 2015, 12:30:59 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Prolly the Iori Choke grab lookalike?
#932  February 27, 2015, 12:33:35 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
What about it though?
That guy is a spaz and hardly makes sense.
#933  February 27, 2015, 12:38:06 am
it's definitely the shitty water effect, it doesn't even gradually disappear it just stays there and completely disappears all of a sudden in the next frame.
i hate it.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#934  February 27, 2015, 12:39:36 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
they'll probaly fix that later on before it's release.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#935  February 27, 2015, 12:43:04 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
it's definitely the shitty water effect, it doesn't even gradually disappear it just stays there and completely disappears all of a sudden in the next frame.
i hate it.

I think that it just cuts off a bit to show the attack.

I not really a fan of the effects myself, but that's what it looks like to me.
#936  February 27, 2015, 12:51:40 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#937  February 27, 2015, 12:52:18 am
I read that the team behind Rival Schools wanted the series took place in the same universe of Street Fighter, but  having  too many kids having the same fighting skills than the characters from street fighter, would make the street fighters  look  not so strong as they mean to be and discarted the idea.

With the addition of nearly all the SF3 teens throughout SF4's lifespan, fair to say that isn't a issue anymore.
#938  February 27, 2015, 12:53:53 am

that was a crossover though (trinitronity is still wrong and embarassing)
#939  February 27, 2015, 12:55:47 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#940  February 27, 2015, 01:45:26 am
dan's pride and joy.