Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#741  March 25, 2021, 05:48:18 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I just have to say it.
The simpler a character looks the better for SNK characters.

Yashiro has two distinct colors White + Red and he looks gorgeous.

PLS SNK! Make your visual updates more like this and less like Skittles!!
#742  March 25, 2021, 08:16:23 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#743  March 25, 2021, 08:17:12 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Welcome back Yashiro!
We missed you so much!
This is fate.
#744  March 25, 2021, 08:32:39 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
So, it's a rdisegned Yashiro. With more mosern style!
I have to say I like it!

I'm a little bit worried that they change shermie too much.
I really hope they will not "censor" her to match post 2015+ standards.

Now, I think only good thingd can happen.
At least I hope so!

BTW, you can CLEARLY notice that "new" characters (not present in kofXIV) are very well animated.
Seems like they took key frames poses from classic KOF games.
Looks like what they did in "Super SFIV" when they added Dudley, Ibuki etc, I remember you can feel the SF3 key frames compared to SFIV vanilla characters.
Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:36:08 am by Nedflandeurse
#745  March 25, 2021, 10:40:34 am
lol I thought it was singo at first  :mlol: anyway, I was thinking that it would feel something "different" which are not seen before from other past kof games to see yashiro and maybe the other two: chris and shermie if they are in to be able to transform into their orochi form during match unless if these three are trapped inside verse to the present day before kof97 before they revealed themselves as orochi's servants

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#746  March 25, 2021, 12:24:11 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome seeing it actually being Yashiro, and that leaves me with;
My heart is screaming; SHERMIE :smitten:
But my nightmares are screaming; CHRIS ... :mcry:

(It's a contrast to me. I really love playing Shermie, but I really dislike Chris's moveset. Yashiro is awesome tho.)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#747  March 25, 2021, 02:02:51 pm
    • Argentina
 :o
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#748  March 25, 2021, 02:55:08 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Notice how Yashiro is acting friendly towards Iori in their interaction. I believe this implies that he doesn't really remember anything that happened at all. Since Orochi was sealed for good in the previous game I guess they'll take their team in a new direction, possibly to redeem them.

C You Soon.

Well, from what happend in KOF XIV surely Yashiro, probably Shermie and Chris would return.

Didnt they all get resurrected in SNK Heroines. That game is canon isnt it?

"Canon". The whole game is treated as just being a dream sequence, so it didn't really "happened".

Awesome seeing it actually being Yashiro, and that leaves me with;
My heart is screaming; SHERMIE :smitten:
But my nightmares are screaming; CHRIS ... :mcry:

(It's a contrast to me. I really love playing Shermie, but I really dislike Chris's moveset. Yashiro is awesome tho.)

Guess I'm not the only one who detests Chris.
#749  March 25, 2021, 03:12:22 pm
Glad to see they made the Bash punches a little bit more dynamic and varied.
It feels like a waste to have the exact normal versions because now we're expecting the Orochi versions, which feels like a waste of select screen space to have 3 characters twice. Especially the supers being copies of the main Japan team.
Unless they also give us a classic Kyo (with Mu Shiki) and claw Iori.
Notice how Yashiro is acting friendly towards Iori in their interaction. I believe this implies that he doesn't really remember anything that happened at all. Since Orochi was sealed for good in the previous game I guess they'll take their team in a new direction, possibly to redeem them.
I thought regular Yashiro was always the smiling type. In a mean way because he's making fun of you, but it doesn't surprise me to see him *act* friendly with Iori. He's probably taking the piss, I imagine. IIRC it's more Orochi Yashiro that's openly aggressive.

I really like Chris' moves. On paper, anyway, the concept is cool (love his two supers, teleporting somersault and chain slide touch). The various dancer slides and direction shift are hard to use and not actually effective much, though.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 03:16:24 pm by Byakko
#750  March 25, 2021, 04:15:19 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Well Yashiro hates Iori. The only reason he entered KOF 97 (in his non-Heavenly King persona) was to punch him lol

And I'm willing to agree with the lost memory thing because Yashiro seems friendly, and there's a frame of him being stunned. So I'm led to believe Iori is insulting him or calling him out on being an Orochi follower or something and he has legitimately no idea what he's talking about.

So I can get behind that.
#751  March 25, 2021, 04:33:27 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#752  March 25, 2021, 08:07:49 pm
    • Brazil
"Canon". The whole game is treated as just being a dream sequence, so it didn't really "happened".
You're feeding gay dreams you cannot possibly comprehend, are you telling me that Iori being a tsundere for Kyo is canon? Because Iori blushed for Kyo after waking up from a dream.
#753  March 25, 2021, 08:10:58 pm
    • USA
You're feeding gay dreams you cannot possibly comprehend, are you telling me that Iori being a tsundere for Kyo is canon? Because Iori blushed for Kyo after waking up from a dream.

I don’t know how much of Heroines is canon but IIRC the Shermie storyline is at least canon (of her being alive again)

I could 100% be wrong but last I remember that much IS canon and the rest is just a huge joke for the hell of it lol
#754  March 25, 2021, 08:11:27 pm
  • SNK is life
According to SNK, Heroines is canon enough to know that Shermie is alive and well, which alongside the also very much canon manga KOF A New Beginning (which every KOF should mean IMO, as it explains Geese's Alt Costume) would mean that yesterday's announcement of Yashiro shouldn't catch us by surprise :)
#755  March 25, 2021, 08:21:17 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Was it REALLY necessary saying GAY dreams? You're being a bit homophobic here.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#756  March 25, 2021, 08:44:24 pm
Everyone expected the NFT to come back the second KoF XIV ending said that dead and erased people were getting revived, that was already canon.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#757  March 25, 2021, 08:54:38 pm
    • Brazil
Was it REALLY necessary saying GAY dreams? You're being a bit homophobic here.
Oh, yeah, the gay guy saying there is something gay in the canon equals homophobia. Amazing logic.

Speaking of the canon, with the Orochilings here, is it possible for Orochi himself to show up? I can't follow this series' story to save my own life.
#758  March 25, 2021, 09:03:26 pm
    • USA
Orochi was already taken care of in XIV’s official invite ending I think. The Sacred Treasures Team finds him in a weakened state in Hungary I believe and they seal him away in a cutscene.
#759  March 25, 2021, 09:10:52 pm
    • Brazil
Poor guy got beaten in a cutscene. I wonder who will be the boss in this game, then. They keep bringing more and more powerful characters, don't they? Where is the limit?
#760  March 25, 2021, 09:14:26 pm
    • USA
The final boss will obviously be the American Sports Team