add004basic (Read 1508301 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#641  August 17, 2016, 07:47:07 pm
  • Maligno Industries
    • Chile
    • ares-extintion@outlook.cl

i have patched most of my characters succesfully but for some reason it won't work with this ryo. which piece of the character should i examine?
#642  August 17, 2016, 07:57:32 pm
    • USA
If you are having issues with the patcher(specific character) manually input the line of code in the correct place.
#643  August 17, 2016, 08:17:48 pm
  • Maligno Industries
    • Chile
from where should i copy the piece of code? and where should i paste it?
#644  August 17, 2016, 08:23:07 pm
    • USA
-2 statedef
It also wouldn't hurt to read back pages, the answer you are looking for may have already been solved.
#645  August 17, 2016, 08:43:10 pm
  • Maligno Industries
    • Chile
-2 statedef
It also wouldn't hurt to read back pages, the answer you are looking for may have already been solved.

i did. if i ask it is because i did not find the answer i need. thanks
#646  August 17, 2016, 09:23:13 pm
    • USA
1. "Everything" can be customized with the common.cns.
2. You have the transparency issue because you patched over a character that was already patched. Check inside the cns & you will see.
3. Yes it works with mugen via some sort of hack. It works with Ikemen by default there never was any update for it because it had already supported multiple players+inputs.
4. It looks like you are using the wrong fight.def. There are several for most common resolutions.
5. When you patch a character it will search to find the best place suitable &/or/if it may just place itself in-between a state & mess it up. To fix this manually add it in if a character breaks.
6. Disable the strikers, just null and or see cns

Almost everything is explained in the cns. You can literally customize everything which is the point of it.
You must not be looking hard enough. I mean no ill will just some of the questions I see here have been answered multiple times. It's really to benefit you though, you won't have to rely on someone else and you'll learn more about the system in the process.
#647  August 17, 2016, 09:24:37 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
What is the best way to edit the lifebar graphics?

Hopefully looking through the .cns can fix the issue of some characters not being able to spawn helpers unless in 2P slot...
#648  August 17, 2016, 11:03:51 pm
  • Maligno Industries
    • Chile
1. "Everything" can be customized with the common.cns.
2. You have the transparency issue because you patched over a character that was already patched. Check inside the cns & you will see.
3. Yes it works with mugen via some sort of hack. It works with Ikemen by default there never was any update for it because it had already supported multiple players+inputs.
4. It looks like you are using the wrong fight.def. There are several for most common resolutions.
5. When you patch a character it will search to find the best place suitable &/or/if it may just place itself in-between a state & mess it up. To fix this manually add it in if a character breaks.
6. Disable the strikers, just null and or see cns

Almost everything is explained in the cns. You can literally customize everything which is the point of it.
You must not be looking hard enough. I mean no ill will just some of the questions I see here have been answered multiple times. It's really to benefit you though, you won't have to rely on someone else and you'll learn more about the system in the process.

dude that answer does not help if you are not a coder. if you don't want to help fine just let other people answer the questions or simply ignore the topic
#649  August 17, 2016, 11:13:07 pm
    • USA
You don't have to be a coder. That's the point of these damn lifebars everything is done for you. If you don't want to take the time to do a lil reading then that's on you. All the information is in front of you. There is even a read me, but whatever it is what it is.
#650  August 18, 2016, 06:41:07 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
The patch does break a few character intros though such as gokuz2. So placement is an issue in these cases but most characters seem unaffected. 
@Juaniquillo555: Refer other patched characters. You will get an idea of where the code goes. Trial and error man.
#651  August 18, 2016, 07:24:36 pm
  • Maligno Industries
    • Chile
The patch does break a few character intros though such as gokuz2. So placement is an issue in these cases but most characters seem unaffected. 
@Juaniquillo555: Refer other patched characters. You will get an idea of where the code goes. Trial and error man.

thanks i finally discovered how to fix them, i was having issues because the characters had their own common files. 
#652  August 23, 2016, 11:47:27 am
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
Hmmm.......I just noticed something weird

In watch mode, with tagteams , after a player on either team is K.Oed, the other partner jumps out to keep fighting and the round continues.

But in arcade mode, if one of the cpu team members is knocked out, the round just ends and the partner doesnt continue to fight some reason.

Is this normal? Or is there a way to change that?
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:51:26 am by Zazamyon2
#653  August 23, 2016, 02:20:22 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Ayy, finally fixed custom portraits size.

Now...

how to reduce guard bar? i want to know exactly where i have to change numbers to make it weaker.

KojiroBadness has posted a code to implement assist move for chars who haven't, i've tried doing this by myself but no sucess, any of you guys are willing to try this code for me if i send a character?
Lasagna
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 02:37:12 pm by -Ash-
#654  August 24, 2016, 04:35:44 am
  • Raging Fist
honestly Idk how to do that. Best bet I've done is figured out how to somewhat do hitsparks and HDSM BG.
#655  August 24, 2016, 09:37:32 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
HDSM BG?

Add004 comes with it's own hyper background? Is Tatsu's characters the only ones who use it?
#656  August 24, 2016, 09:48:20 pm
  • Raging Fist
Technically yes, BUT you can incorporate a certain code FROM his characters to use on your own characters!
So far I tried it on a few characters of my own, 119way blanka was pretty great, Sagat from KOFEXUM is flawless, Still a bit iffy on DonDrago's Ryu, as when I tried to incorporate it, it still does a his lvl 3 HDSM attack with a minor pause (gotta find out what that is)
But yeah, for your Lvl 3 just add this code where the lvl 3 specialty pause is
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Now this is important. For both state 0s, the anim = 3400 is actually the LVL3 attack used, gotta match that to whatever animation your character uses for his lvl 3 attack.
for the second state 0, two things you should know; there are 2 statenos you can use: 88870 and 88872.
For 88870, the size.height is open game, and can go up from 0 - 8.
0 = blue, 1 = red, 2 = green, 3 = yellow, 4 = cyan, 5 = Purple
6 = Orange/Red, 7 = Gradient, 8 = Faded violet. For the KOF fans, you can use 2 for an even fancier 2k2um type effect or be like me and have certain BG's fit a character's aura (Ryu being Blue, Kyo being Orange red, Gouki Deep Red, Vega being violet etc).
88872, on the other hand, you must keep size.height at 0. This is usually used as a special "Hidden HDSM", which is seen with Tatsu's E.Ryu's Shungokusatsu.

Keep in mind, you might need to do some slight editting on certain characters, but overall this code should work flawless. As said, I'm having slight difficulty getting Don Drago's Ryu to work the way I wanted him to be.
#657  August 24, 2016, 09:52:02 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
...Well... I'll attempt this, I guess... There's not that many characters that I have with real, legit Level 3 hypers... But, I'll try it.

EDIT: The results:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:17:07 pm by MR. IBZS II
#658  August 24, 2016, 10:21:35 pm
  • Raging Fist
from what I saw, and from what Tatsu told me, best look at his characters and apply it to your own characters.
#659  August 24, 2016, 10:32:59 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
...I like it the way it is, though. It makes finally doing that hyper even more satisfying...

Actually, does it HAVE to be on Level 3 hypers? Can I put it on Level 1s, too?
#660  August 24, 2016, 10:45:12 pm
  • Raging Fist
technically yes you can, just place the code in the attack and adjust the animation to whatever attack you want.