Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#781  January 23, 2017, 04:41:55 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
thank you friends for the feedback!
update and bugfix #20170122

@MageKing17:
thank you for allowing me to use your code.
I tested your hitcount-detector, and copied a part of it in this update (I slightly altered the addon so that combo-meter-system works well in the future)
the codes you wrote are clearly customizable, very useful for any project.
this time, even though i didn't use your code exactly as it is, your codes tips and ideas enlightened me quite much. continuing to learn from your codes above. :wideeyed:

You should change the helper 9005 in common1.cns with another unused number (like 90005): there are some characters in mugen that use the [Statedef 9005] in their .cns files.
#782  January 23, 2017, 08:49:24 pm
    • USA
@MageKing17:
thank you for allowing me to use your code.
I tested your hitcount-detector, and copied a part of it in this update (I slightly altered the addon so that combo-meter-system works well in the future)
the codes you wrote are clearly customizable, very useful for any project.
this time, even though i didn't use your code exactly as it is, your codes tips and ideas enlightened me quite much. continuing to learn from your codes above. :wideeyed:
Well, I'm glad it was at least helpful as inspiration, then!

@MageKing17:

interesting but what about p3x and p4x positions in stage
Irrelevant; only one main helper spawns per team, so only the p1 and p2 positions matter (and if you use "WATER" detection, the starting positions are irrelevant anyway).

and why this code still doesn't works on some stages,but works perfectly on another one?
There's no way to possibly answer that without being able to look at the code for the stage(s) in question.
#783  January 23, 2017, 09:32:17 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
#784  January 24, 2017, 08:23:18 pm
    • USA
#785  January 24, 2017, 09:20:38 pm
    • Spain

lui

#786  January 24, 2017, 09:35:29 pm
    • USA
he's asking if you'll notify the thread if there is an add004basic because I'm sure he thinks youre an expert or something
#787  January 24, 2017, 10:36:34 pm
    • USA
I first heard about the most recent update when I read this post; I don't have some kind of inside scoop.
#788  January 25, 2017, 11:24:10 am

@MageKing17:

sorry for being late for reply, please let me post the test-result and my personal thoughts of your system above:
add004, add004_bs0 and add004_svc are using same combo-mater, and working fine with your system.
------
1)

;old;   trigger1=var(40)>(playerid(var(15)),life) && (var(9)&16) ;;<-life changed && getting damage
   trigger1=var(9)&16

the trigger "var(9)&16"(Get_Hit_Flag) is not so strictly in its state, this is my fault. so we had to make "var(40)>life" (Life_Changed_Flag) and "var(9)&16" be one-set for a trigger in "old" one. and by using Life_Changed_Flag, we do Not need to find every "HitAdd" SCtrl and add special one under it, just find "HitAdd" without "LifeAdd". any "LifeAdd" will be counted automatically whether you wanted or not, but this looks naturally.

2)

type=varset
 trigger1=!(var(10)%10000)
 var(11)=1-playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(hitcount)

as you said, "GetHitVar(hitcount) never resets itself back to 0". thats why i avoided using "GetHitVar(hitcount)", until we found a better way. (your way is much better than mine) besides, the trigger "playerid(var(15))" is redirected to the player with main player, that may cause unexpected-issues in tag-mode.

3)

var(12)=(var(12)/10000)*10000 + playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(hitcount)*(!playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(guarded))

this is so smart to use "GetHitVar(guarded)"  :)

------
Known Issues / Notes

* We have to add a Sctrl manually, for displaying a "HitAdd" without "Life-Add".
* "numhits" in Hitdef and Projctile works as "=1".
* Max-Counter is 9999.
   up to 2147483648 by variable-separation.
    (var(11):AAAA*10000+ BBBB to var(10):AAAA & var(11):BBBB)
* and many others.

------
It must have been so inconvenient for you to alter my dirty codes. if you could use more vars and in your own style, you could make a perfect system. thank you for your help again :) please feel free to share whatever you thought. never mind my rude late reply  :drunk:

@Gladiacloud:

I'm planning to change "9500" to "99500". any other ideas please?

@IkuTronHD:

update details (#20170122)
 -fixed bugs written here (but not all)
 -updated combo-counter-system (used MageKing17's code)
   -fixed counter-reset after roundstate=2 or zero-life.
 -changed portrait/face-displaying sctrl in [statedef -2]
 -stabilized partners moves in tag-mode. (but not enought)
 -updated [statedef 190190-190199] (by MageKing17 in #755 above)
 -changed svc "timer.fnt" and "fight_#.def"
 -many other bugfix and changes, sorry :(

to update
 1) override all files and folders or make a new mugen folder.
 2) use "add004pie.exe" for "Restore" all chars first.
 3) "Change" all chars again.
 4) run "*.bat" for playing.

#789  January 25, 2017, 04:38:28 pm
    • Spain
update details (#20170122)
 -fixed bugs written here (but not all)
 -updated combo-counter-system (used MageKing17's code)
   -fixed counter-reset after roundstate=2 or zero-life.
 -changed portrait/face-displaying sctrl in [statedef -2]
 -stabilized partners moves in tag-mode. (but not enought)
 -updated [statedef 190190-190199] (by MageKing17 in #755 above)
 -changed svc "timer.fnt" and "fight_#.def"
 -many other bugfix and changes, sorry :(

Thank You
#790  January 25, 2017, 10:32:15 pm
    • USA
@MageKing17:

sorry for being late for reply, please let me post the test-result and my personal thoughts of your system above:
add004, add004_bs0 and add004_svc are using same combo-mater, and working fine with your system.
------
1)

;old;   trigger1=var(40)>(playerid(var(15)),life) && (var(9)&16) ;;<-life changed && getting damage
   trigger1=var(9)&16

the trigger "var(9)&16"(Get_Hit_Flag) is not so strictly in its state, this is my fault. so we had to make "var(40)>life" (Life_Changed_Flag) and "var(9)&16" be one-set for a trigger in "old" one. and by using Life_Changed_Flag, we do Not need to find every "HitAdd" SCtrl and add special one under it, just find "HitAdd" without "LifeAdd". any "LifeAdd" will be counted automatically whether you wanted or not, but this looks naturally.
The problem with relying on life changes is that when the player's life stops changing (training mode after life has been exhausted, or a super move combo that refuses to kill the opponent until it's done), the combo meter stopped working. That was pretty much the sole thing I set out to fix, and then you went and came up with an even better fix for it. ;)

2)

type=varset
 trigger1=!(var(10)%10000)
 var(11)=1-playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(hitcount)

as you said, "GetHitVar(hitcount) never resets itself back to 0". thats why i avoided using "GetHitVar(hitcount)", until we found a better way. (your way is much better than mine) besides, the trigger "playerid(var(15))" is redirected to the player with main player, that may cause unexpected-issues in tag-mode.
Reliance on playerid(var(15)) is true of either system, so if it would cause problems with one, it would cause problems with the other, so I wasn't too worried about that.

3)

var(12)=(var(12)/10000)*10000 + playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(hitcount)*(!playerid(var(15)),GetHitVar(guarded))

this is so smart to use "GetHitVar(guarded)"  :)
Well, you say that, but I still took me hours before I finally figured out why I was getting spurious combo level announcements...

It must have been so inconvenient for you to alter my dirty codes.
Not at all; as I mentioned in my very first post, this system impressed me enough to drive me to create an account here (although I will admit that I had been struggling with the severe limitations of "regular" lifebars immediately beforehand, so that may have influenced exactly how impressed I was at the time). Even when there are bugs (and let's face it, releasing something without bugs is damned near impossible, in MUGEN or otherwise), the code is still incredible; the fact that I can spend so much time immersed in the implementation details of the combo meter of a system that includes full-blown tag-team functionality is downright mind-blowing.

if you could use more vars and in your own style, you could make a perfect system.
Hah! You have a lot more faith in my abilities than I do. More vars don't help if you don't know what they should be storing; I felt like my need for even one extra var in my modified system was a major failing, but I couldn't think of a way to do it the way I did without using at least one extra var.

thank you for your help again :) please feel free to share whatever you thought. never mind my rude late reply  :drunk:
Your reply was neither late nor rude; I didn't expect such an in-depth comparison at all. If I come up with any interesting ideas, I'll be sure to share them; at the moment, though, the major changes I've needed to make have been to the character, not the system... mostly to take out a few modifications I made to account for my modified combo meter. :P
#791  January 26, 2017, 06:59:22 am
  • Raging Fist
@Shiyo Kakuge:
Idk how or even why but when I change the powerbars around for tag/team mode on 004.bat, it starts to get weird.
For Tag, the bars show up, but tag assists are no longer there.
For Team mode, the Bar shows up on the first round, but when the first character is defeated, and next one shows, the powerbar goes back to 004.bat normal bar. Help plz?
Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:03:11 am by Flowrellik
#792  January 28, 2017, 02:29:51 pm
    • USA
So with that settled, I think we can agree that the next "biggest" issue is the stun system. What are your thoughts on it. I suggest disabling it for simul/tag, and adapting strengths via ID. Is that how it already is? Afik, although some attacks do not trigger it.
#793  February 02, 2017, 02:58:25 am
  • Raging Fist
For those who wish to try, place this in the add004 folder in data of your add004 MUGEN/IKEMEN.
This common01.cns enables alternate powerbars for team battle mode!
Mind you it's experimental as I am also trying for tag mode as well. Hopefully I can do
http://www.mediafire.com/file/esa8qeut7bfhy2v/common1-ALTPOWERBARTEAMMODE.cns
Vid should be be coming soon! if anyone else wants to make one for posting do so plz!
See Spoilers for a quote on what the alternate bars do :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:23:32 am by Flowrellik
#794  February 02, 2017, 07:54:24 pm
    • Brazil
    • vicente_simpson@hotmail.com
How i can upgrade my add004 ?  my lifebars are always saying needs update and dont show the score , and i dont know where i can place the files from the work  folder, and how to use te tag mode ? theres a mode to make guard break gauge work ? and stun?  thx alot i'm still new in mugen. i want to make my mugen look like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Q_6MqkoIQ
#795  February 03, 2017, 12:22:47 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
For those who wish to try, place this in the add004 folder in data of your add004 MUGEN/IKEMEN.
This common01.cns enables alternate powerbars for team battle mode!
Mind you it's experimental as I am also trying for tag mode as well. Hopefully I can do
http://www.mediafire.com/file/esa8qeut7bfhy2v/common1-ALTPOWERBARTEAMMODE.cns
Vid should be be coming soon! if anyone else wants to make one for posting do so plz!
See Spoilers for a quote on what the alternate bars do :)

Do you know how to activate the Just defence/Blocking for others mode besides single player?
Lasagna
#796  February 03, 2017, 01:13:30 am
  • Raging Fist
It's pretty much the same config as you would for CVS2. Parrying by pressing forward the instant an attack hits you, same with just defend by blocking instantly.
How i can upgrade my add004 ?  my lifebars are always saying needs update and dont show the score , and i dont know where i can place the files from the work  folder, and how to use te tag mode ? theres a mode to make guard break gauge work ? and stun?  thx alot i'm still new in mugen. i want to make my mugen look like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Q_6MqkoIQ
you can upgrade your add004 by getting the latest update from shiyo's file, placing it in Mugen, and with add4pie, restoring and then reapplying the code in the characters.
guardbreak, stun etc can be achieved by looking through the common01.cns and finding this
You place a ; to any part you want coded and remove said ; if you do not.
#797  February 03, 2017, 06:21:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • vicente_simpson@hotmail.com
Thaaanks, i add stun and guardcrush now. but my chars doesnt switch in tag.
And cpu control the second char in tag.
when i upgrade the chars the lifebar portrait change, how can i change the lifebar portraits, i dont want same portrait of player select in lifebar  thanks bro
#798  February 04, 2017, 03:08:11 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
It's pretty much the same config as you would for CVS2. Parrying by pressing forward the instant an attack hits you, same with just defend by blocking instantly.
Huh... I think you didn't got my question right, I was talking about "enabling" JD/Parry on other modes besides single player, like you did with the bars.
Lasagna
Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:17:44 pm by -Ash-
#799  February 05, 2017, 02:36:03 am
    • USA
Alright so.. Suggestions for the interruption you have set. Which would be the best route to implement tag supers. As is, they are hard-coded to not be interrupted right? A.I obviously does whatever it wants ha.

Let me start off by saying I have no experience using partner, or simul.
Here is something I did a while ago as a test, hadn't touched it since, but now I'm working on a lot of tag supers so I thought its a good time to continue. This was made for simil so I just tweaked it a bit to work with the system, this is earlier though before you added this new code as such it no longer works as intended. Old video example

This is just them being both being on the screen simil. What could be done so that they simply have to be on the same team for it to be read? Aka whilst on standby they'll automatically jump out and do the move. I believe Mousers ngbc characters have this ability.

This is what currently what happens, look at the powerbar.
https://sendvid.com/7gyd0i3y
Using @BeterHans: characters (also showing those 1.1 "exclusive" supers working in Ikemen.) With tweaks easily can do more cinematic stuff, but here is the main point.

More than anything I'd just like some suggestions on methods to do this "without" breaking the current system or removing something. I really want to go crazy with tag supers so I'm just looking to get started in the right direction. I'll just message you here about it in case anyone else is interested in something similar.

#800  February 05, 2017, 03:31:52 am
  • Raging Fist
If that is aimed at me, I believe that's best to hard code in the characters, case in point of that one ryu/ken tag partner team, unless somehow by chance you modify common01.cns for something more Marvel vs Capcom, but this....seems more aimed for Neogeo Battle Collesium/ SFEX orientated, and it really hits me good in the nostalgia region seeing that in your vid. Perhaps you can teach me in private on how to do that sometime?
Atm I was fortunate to get the team mode alt. powerbars to work and pretty soon for next week I'll try my hand at tag mode again, and see about getting that fangled thing to work.
atm I wonder now if there is some way, like for tag mode, where I can implement a certain button combo just to initiate a specific mode based on certain bars, like MAX COMBO for max bar and maybe custom combo for the SVC Bar.