YesNoOk

The First Lady of War - Siege (Read 892 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 25, 2021, 04:16:18 AM
Share this topic:
The First Lady of War - Siege
#1  January 25, 2021, 04:16:18 AM
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Stance animation by Guillotine

Siege (Real Name Unknown)
  -Country of Origin: Unknown
  -Fighting Style: Unknown
  -Nickname: The First Lady of War
  -Bio: The sub-boss and Illian's right hand woman. She is mostly silent but calculating and lethal. She enters the tournament alongside Illian to make sure he doesn't stray too far from their coup plans.

All my stuff is open source, you never need permission to use anything I make. Just have fun!
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:18:24 PM by Sean Altly
Re: The First Lady of War - Siege
#2  May 26, 2021, 11:58:36 PM
  • Deliverater
    • USA
New art!

All my stuff is open source, you never need permission to use anything I make. Just have fun!
#3  May 27, 2021, 12:17:03 AM
  • SlowSpriter. Even slower and limited coding skills
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice progress and update!

For some reason, I prefer her appearance ingame than in artworks.
I cannot explain it well.

I'm curious to see her in action.

Custom POTS-like Kotaro WIP :
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/pots-kotaro-custom-ned-trying--192619.0.html And other fighting beauties in mind...
#4  May 27, 2021, 01:15:44 AM
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Maybe it's the sunglasses?

She's next after I finish Atleif's sprites are done. I'm going to update the first post with her planned moveset as well. She's gonna be a combination of Decapre, Yang, and Leona if that makes sense.

#5  May 27, 2021, 01:54:12 AM
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I really love her appearance, its the stronger design in the entire game in my opinion. Looking forward to see more details about her gameplay. Decapre, Yang and Leona have very distinct goals all in all, so I'm not really sure if I can paint a picture out of that combination, but I'm guessing she is a charge character with strong pokes, but also can rushdown with rekkas? In any case, hyped to play her in the future.
#6  May 27, 2021, 02:17:18 AM
  • Deliverater
    • USA
You pretty much nailed it, she's got a charge anti-air, a rekka, plus a quick shift/teleport that can travel forward, diagonally upward or straight upward with follow-ups. She's designed to move suddenly and swiftly while hitting you from different directions with a lot of quick, low damage attacks that add up fast.

#7  May 27, 2021, 02:37:00 AM
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Damn, that sounds amazing! I really love the direction of the character. I know you are not particularly taking suggestions, but have you considered giving her charge moves that are stored up and forwards like Vatista from UNIST?

I'm thinking on:

2~8 for the anti air
4~6 and 6~4 for teleport and/or rekkas
8~2 for an overhead that can be performed in the ground or in the air

The quirk would be to store twice as much charge while being in the air, this way you could give her a 32-36 frame jump so she can store 24 frames of charge for all of her stuff.

This way jumping would become really scary and hard to read, in neutral but especially during oki. She could neutral jump and:

1) Do an air-to-air normal.
2) Perform the 8~2 overhead.
3) Empty jump and use the 2~8 anti-air on land.
4) Empty jump and use a crouching kick for the mixup with 8~2.
5) Empty jump and use the teleport and/or rekkas on land.

This can be very much done by having some specials be charge moves and some specials be motion, but by making them charge moves you can buff them into really strong moves to fit the sub-boss theme of the character.

Damn, sorry for ranting on your project  :P but the character is very pog and got me hyped.