YesNoOk

adding many sprites with precise offset (Read 3285 times)

Started by Momotaro, April 23, 2021, 10:51:20 pm
Share this topic:
adding many sprites with precise offset
#1  April 23, 2021, 10:51:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
My question will be for 2 situations I have in mind.
Is there a way with Fighter factory (or anything else to add sprite in a specific offset/allignement whatever the english word)

Situation A -
I want to add many sparks from a POTS / infinite character to another similar character.
Is it possible to avoid adding the sprites one by one and particularly adjust the offset to match the "source" character?

Situation B -
I extract sprites from a character then I use some photoshop batch process to edit them.
Now, is there a way to reinject the edited sprites in the source character and keep the exact offset?
Again, without having to add them and adjust one by one.

If you have some method for either of A or B (or both, they are mostly the same) I would be pleased to know.
Thanks
Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:35:48 pm by Nedflandeurse
Re: adding many sprites with precise offset
#2  April 23, 2021, 11:16:14 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
For A you can make a .sff with all the needed hitsparks and use ctrl+shift+I in your other character to import them all.

For B you should use this FF function:
#3  April 23, 2021, 11:52:19 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Karma's method for A is easier, but to add another one just in case you need it, there is this option in Fighter Factory:
Sprites > Import from another project
For this to work you need to have both yours and the char you want to borrow the sprites opened in FF. You can then select the range of sprites you want to take, they will come with their original palettes and axis.
#4  April 24, 2021, 03:35:38 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thnaks guys, it will be very helpful.
I have to admit I didn't really searched and tested all the functions of FF softwares.

I think these methods are what I'm looking for!