YesNoOk

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 130610 times)

Started by aokmaniac13, June 27, 2013, 04:27:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm - Crowdfunding Campaign
#21  June 30, 2013, 03:09:21 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
If it's not any different from the original netcode, the original game does have a matchmaking server with lobbies and such, along with IP direct connection.
I bet it'll be the same with the updated version, but more fleshed out. Kinda reminds me of SSFIV's netcode on PC.

Also, I got a question for the dev team too: are there plans for a console release? I mean, the 3DS was supposed to be getting the original game, is that still a thing? Would other platforms be considered?
Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:20:07 am by [Dropped]
#22  June 30, 2013, 03:37:20 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
while they answer, I wil venture one answer based on what I read in their kick starter q&a section ; there are no console releases planned, the 3ds one was by another company and the pc team is as unrelated to 3ds porting as it can be.
#23  June 30, 2013, 03:49:53 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Aw hell. ;~;
Wait, where's the Q&A section I can't find it.
#24  June 30, 2013, 03:57:22 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
The 3DS port is being handled by Nicalis, unfortunately.
#25  June 30, 2013, 04:07:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#26  June 30, 2013, 07:26:57 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
GenkiPatton:
Will Nyu Media be hosting any promotional events/streams/etc. to support this or are we on our own to push this as a grassroots campaign?
#27  July 03, 2013, 03:07:29 am
    • UK
    • seon.king@gmail.com
    • nyu-media.com
Hey GenkiPatton/Seon King!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there any particular reason that you and/or the dev team chose to the run the campaign with flexible funding instead of fixed? I've been trying to get some friends interested in the campaign but a lot of them are completely turned off since it's running under flexible funding which carries a terrible stigma with it.

I keep hearing that the dev team is confident in their netcoding. How exactly does it work? Is it the usual host a game and then give your friend your IP address to play kind or is it something else?

Hey, Loco!

We went with flexible funding because the team intends to make the game eventually, even if we don't reach our target. The team has spent six years getting the game to this point, but will be able to make a leap in progress if our campaign is funded. If not, they will continue, but it may be much longer before the game is ready for release because they will have to make up for the lack of budget by just putting more time into it.

I'm not actually party to how the team's net code works, but I believe it's based on input delay. In terms of configuration, players can either choose to host a game or join another host. You can find full details about the network set up for the latest version of Yatagarasu at Rice Digital's home page right here: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu

ope this helps!

Posted: July 03, 2013, 03:12:20 am
Also, I got a question for the dev team too: are there plans for a console release? I mean, the 3DS was supposed to be getting the original game, is that still a thing? Would other platforms be considered?

Presently the dev team is focused on completing the PC and NESiCAxLive version and no console / Linux / Mac / etc. versions are planned. This situation might well change once the PC & NESiCAxLive versions are done or if we exceed our stretch goals, although looking a bit unlikely right now.

We have nothing to do with the 3DS version, but Nicalis recently tweeted an update about their port progress (https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/342079071229972480), so it doesn't seem to be dead.

Posted: July 03, 2013, 04:48:23 am
GenkiPatton:
Will Nyu Media be hosting any promotional events/streams/etc. to support this or are we on our own to push this as a grassroots campaign?

We're reaching out to some steamers (e.g. to arrange events and will announce when any start up.
#28  July 03, 2013, 05:18:36 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I wish everyone the best. I have seen the game. The only problem is that some of the fighters share the same moveset.
#29  July 03, 2013, 07:35:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#30  July 03, 2013, 09:40:20 pm
  • SNK is life
It's fitting, I like it.
#31  July 04, 2013, 02:34:44 am
    • USA
Now thats cool. Good job. :)
#32  July 04, 2013, 06:36:55 pm
    • UK
    • seon.king@gmail.com
    • nyu-media.com
The Yatagarasu dev team has agreed to add GGPO! Here is their latest message to all:

-----------------------------
Hello, this is Shiza from the Yatagarasu dev team.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback regarding GGPO. It was especially useful for us to learn that Internet latency is a problem for players in the US.

Implementing GGPO in Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm should be possible. We had originally planned to test GGPO during development, but now we have decided to actually go ahead and use GGPO in Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm.

Fitting GGPO into the current development schedule and budget is difficult because we already have a large number of features and improvements planned. So, we will make revise our campaign as follows:

• GGPO will be added as our first stretch goal.
  • We will have to extend the release date slightly to allow time to add GGPO.
  • We have not fully tested GGPO yet, so it’s possible we may encounter technical problems that will delay the release. If it looks like there will be significant delay, we will release the game first without GGPO and then add it as soon as the implementation is completed (it may be as soon as a few days.)

Please understand that this is the most practical way for us to proceed. We hope that this will address any concerns about the experience of online matches in Yatagarasu Attack to Cataclysm.

Thank you for your sincere feedback and for your support!

Shiza
Yatagarasu Development Team

-----------------------------

The campaign page will be revised to reflect the above today :)
#33  July 04, 2013, 07:11:18 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Cool, so everyone can shut up about that now.
#34  July 04, 2013, 08:25:25 pm
    • USA
I want to donate $200. Can I do it in increments and get Ronin status, or do I have to do it all at once?
#35  July 04, 2013, 08:32:28 pm
    • UK
    • seon.king@gmail.com
    • nyu-media.com
I want to donate $200. Can I do it in increments and get Ronin status, or do I have to do it all at once?

Yes, no problem. We can make the adjustments on our end, but it won't count on the campaign page ticker.
#36  July 04, 2013, 08:42:42 pm
    • USA
Great. Thank you. :)
#37  July 09, 2013, 04:14:00 am
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#38  July 09, 2013, 10:09:42 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Hey GenkiPatton,
does your team has any plans to differentiate Shimo and Hina more?
At the moment, the only difference they have are sprites, voices and cancels (unless I forgot something important).
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#39  July 10, 2013, 08:02:50 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Maximilian announced as the second English commentator.

Sidenote, I found it funny that Shinra is shittalking Yatagarasu in Max's Yatagarasu vid. Stay free, Shinra.
#40  July 10, 2013, 08:20:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
more like getting his ass handed to himself, who is shinra btw ?