YesNoOk

World ranked Marvel vs. Capcom 3 player arrested for tiger uppercutting his girl (Read 3299 times)

Started by Iced, July 02, 2013, 02:26:45 am
Share this topic:
World ranked Marvel vs. Capcom 3 player arrested for tiger uppercutting his girl
#1  July 02, 2013, 02:26:45 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

DW

Re: World ranked Marvel vs. Capcom 3 player arrested for tiger uppercutting his girl
#2  July 02, 2013, 02:30:43 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Shouldn't this read: "putting his sonic boom in between her spinning bird kick"  :smug:
Ugh, Kotaku.
#3  July 02, 2013, 02:32:24 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
This was already mentioned in a different thread more than once and I doubt it's worthy of its own thread.
Re: World ranked Marvel vs. Capcom 3 player arrested for tiger uppercutting his girl
#4  July 02, 2013, 02:39:38 am
did kotaku write anything at all about the actual tournament
#5  July 02, 2013, 02:44:48 am
    • USA
Yellow journalism.
#6  July 02, 2013, 02:45:31 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Kotaku in a nutshell.
#7  July 02, 2013, 02:54:16 am
also i will complain about the joke iced copypasted from fark to open the thread, whoever wrote it didn't even use mvc3 moves and it is terrible. a better joke would've been like noel brown arrested for unleashing a berserker barrage on girlfriend after finding out her dark hole was being destroyed by some other dude's hidden missile
#8  July 02, 2013, 05:05:24 am
    • USA
I had a feeling this was about Noel Brown hahahaha

but damn that's unfortunate.
#9  July 02, 2013, 05:13:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#10  July 02, 2013, 05:58:48 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Waiting on an article where Noel Vermillion Brown somehow represents the image of the UMVC3 community and how his actions encourages violence among members.
Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:02:28 am by Kirishima
#11  July 02, 2013, 05:01:21 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
The fact that you would even start a topic to propagate this shitty "journalism" is repulsive
#12  July 02, 2013, 05:09:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#13  July 02, 2013, 05:18:25 pm
i dunno i used to think most of the kotaku hate on other boards (to the point it's wordfiltered in some cases) was excessive but now i fully understand it. the only thing that motivated them to write anything related to the CEO tournament was that one of the participants beat up a woman irl, instead of, you know, people playing videogames in a huge event.
I'm still recovering from the crazy weekend running the event so I'm unable to call but the incident at CEO was of a personal nature between 2 individuals and not gaming related or associated with the event since it happened outside of the event and after hours. As such I'm not assisting in it gaining coverage that can only hurt competitive gaming as a whole. I appreciate you reaching out to research this story, but would hope Kotaku, and Kotaku's interest in the 2nd largest fighting game tournament in America, is more positive and expansive than gossip reporting. With over 1800 attendees this year nobody on earth can be responsible for everyone's personal actions.
this is completely accurate
#14  July 02, 2013, 05:25:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The video there (that this guy sent ) was also pretty good.

Its interesting that this is the only thing about the tournament i saw reach any kind of international news site ( always coming back to kotaku as source) .
#15  July 02, 2013, 05:36:05 pm
adding the video was an afterthought to not look like complete assholes. they had no previous articles about the event.
#16  July 02, 2013, 05:45:40 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Using Kotaku as a source made me angry at the same time because i had to read their shitty articles and see the many many..many stupid articles there be they about an asian underwear model ..blonde twins playing harp or something video game related. It seemed to me that not even one of the article editors there was a gamer for years before working on kotaku, and their research skills when its something about games or consoles of the eighties and nineties is insulting to their readers.

I recommend you to stick to destructoid @ Iced.
#17  July 02, 2013, 08:43:12 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#18  July 04, 2013, 07:05:49 pm
  • SNK is life
Wow, it looks like they owned up to it, and admitted they're not very involved with the FGC ... and I can't blame them for that, the VG world is vast.

If you don't have the patience to read through the whole thing, they encourage you to send your suggestions of FGC event coverage or highlights to tips@kotaku.com
#19  July 04, 2013, 08:27:46 pm
    • USA
Thats very kind of them. :)