YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1324525 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#881  October 22, 2013, 09:00:17 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Who wouldn't pay for Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian with Samuel L as BJ?
God that sounds amazing, but I also want to see Keaton come back. Can we get a buddy comedy with Keaton and Jackson both playing Beetlejuice?

GOH

#882  October 22, 2013, 09:26:16 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Samuel L Jackson already plays every character in every movie.

He's everywhere.

He's right here next to me telling me to shut the fuck up and post this sentence.
#883  October 25, 2013, 02:14:04 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Good news Whovians (if there's any here): The 50th Anniversary Special Movie, "The Day of the Doctor" will be a worldwide release not just in TV, but in cinemas (and even in 3D) thanks to an association of BBC and Cinemark.

I think the happiest people with this news are the latinamerican whovians (a.k.a. Doctor Who fans), since the movie will be shown in cinemas of Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama and Peru, apart of BBC International TV signal, of course :P Also, other countries with this release are US, Canada, Germany, Russia, New Zealand and Australia

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:41:20 am by Basara Kusanagi
#884  October 25, 2013, 02:23:38 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Oh yeah, I've heard about it.  My brother and I are planning on taking a road trip up to Montreal to see it in IMAX.
#885  October 25, 2013, 02:25:32 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#886  October 25, 2013, 02:36:11 am
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:41:52 am by Basara Kusanagi
#887  October 25, 2013, 04:49:47 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#888  October 25, 2013, 05:06:31 am
    • USA
... huh. Well hopefully it's good.

NBC is rebooting Murder, She Wrote, but with Octavia Spencer in the Angela Lansbury role. Because their last reboot of an old procedural, Ironside, is doing so well, and is definitely not canceled.

There's a John Belushi biopic back in production, and the people being considered are Nelson Franklin (of The Office US and Veep), Emile Hirsch, Adam Devine of Workaholics, and "even Joaquin Phoenix’s name has 'also surfaced,' presumably in the whirls of a mystical fountain divined by a hydromancer who is drunk."

But none of those people mentioned are the people you'd think of who would be perfect for the role; no no no, those people would be of course any actor that is overweight, as the The A.V. Club reports:
Sean O'Neal said:
Of course, none of these actors bear much physical resemblance to Zach Galifianakis, Jack Black, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Ethan Suplee, Tyler Labine, Chubby McSplitpants, Bobby Boobsweat, Colonel Blimpee Von SleepApnea, or any of the other actors who were named as being “considered” for the role, even if they had zero interest in it. But it’s possible that, in addition to fostering his own directorial vision, Conrad just really, really wants someone to eat a ton of heavy brunches with.
XD
#889  October 25, 2013, 05:04:13 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

GOH

#890  October 25, 2013, 05:44:09 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I don't even get why there needs to be an Independence Day 2 :blank:
#891  October 25, 2013, 06:19:05 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Indepence Day 2, Aliens now use antivirus
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#892  October 25, 2013, 08:14:37 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
I don't even get why there needs to be an Independence Day 2 :blank:

Because it's a popular movie and Roland Emmerich's latest movies have flopped. Or in other words: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
#893  October 26, 2013, 08:05:38 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

" Kevin Tancharoen Departs Mortal Kombat
Source: Kevin Tancharoen
October 25, 2013
Although he was optimistic about the project just last month, choreographer-turned-director Kevin Tancharoen, the man behind the Mortal Kombat reboot webseries, just announced via Twitter that he is no longer involved in bringing the property to the big screen.

"After 3 years of Kombat," Tancharoen writes, "I've decided to move on to other creative opportunities. I wish everyone involved in the movie big success. Thanks!"

Tancharoen's “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” recently released its second season. The cast includes Harry Shum, Jr. ("Glee") as the warlord adviser "Kuai Liang," Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers) as martial arts film actor "Johnny Cage," Brian Tee (The Wolverine) as Shaolin Monk "Liu Kang," and Mark Dacascos (Cradle 2 the Grave) as "Kung Lao" - a close friend of "Liu Kang." Additionally, Ian Anthony Dale (“Hawaii Five-O”) returns as the resurrected ninja “Scorpion,” and Cary Tagawa reprises the role he made famous in the first Mortal Kombat theatrical release as the powerful, arrogant sorcerer "Shang Tsung."

Although Tancharoen hints that the project will move forward without him, no other talent has been named at this time. Check back for details as soon as they become available."
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110678
#894  October 28, 2013, 02:56:38 am
    • USA
Fox orders a full season of Dads.

I want the world to burn.

And Universal Studios Hollywood has closed their Bill and Ted Hallowen adults-only show, because it was insanely racist, homophobic, and also terrible.

So Clive Barker is writing the Hellraiser remake and Doug Bradley is coming back as Pinhead.

Along with this he also confirmed on Facebook that their aiming for an R-Rating.
related: the director previously attached to the remake has said his version of the remake would be “all about S&M gay culture, because it comes from a homosexual desire and Hellraiser is about dealing with these very questions”, but it seems like the producers weren't interested in anything besides a very commercial picture. Oh well.
#895  October 29, 2013, 03:01:13 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
X-Men Days of Future Past Trailer
#896  October 29, 2013, 03:22:17 pm
    • Chile

GOH

#897  October 29, 2013, 03:35:52 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I never read the Days From Future Past storyline but the movie looks like it's not gonna be very faithful to the comic books.

Still very interesting tho.
#898  October 29, 2013, 03:46:16 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#899  October 29, 2013, 04:09:15 pm
    • USA
#900  October 29, 2013, 04:32:00 pm
  • SNK is life
There's a John Belushi biopic back in production, and the people being considered are Nelson Franklin (of The Office US and Veep), Emile Hirsch, Adam Devine of Workaholics, and "even Joaquin Phoenix’s name has 'also surfaced,' presumably in the whirls of a mystical fountain divined by a hydromancer who is drunk."

But none of those people mentioned are the people you'd think of who would be perfect for the role; no no no, those people would be of course any actor that is overweight, as the The A.V. Club reports:
Sean O'Neal said:
Of course, none of these actors bear much physical resemblance to Zach Galifianakis, Jack Black, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Ethan Suplee, Tyler Labine, Chubby McSplitpants, Bobby Boobsweat, Colonel Blimpee Von SleepApnea, or any of the other actors who were named as being “considered” for the role, even if they had zero interest in it. But it’s possible that, in addition to fostering his own directorial vision, Conrad just really, really wants someone to eat a ton of heavy brunches with.

Confirmation for Emile Hirsch

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/emile-hirsch-to-star-in-john-belushi-biopic