YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2499826 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9661  May 02, 2022, 02:48:37 pm
    • Germany
Blizzard believes many peopl would just try to emulate it on PC anyway.
lol
--
Square Enix is divesting Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Interactive. Embracer is the new owner.

https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20220502%20A_Press%20Release_fin.pdf
The  Company’s  overseas  studios  will  continue  to  publish franchises such as JUST CAUSE, OUTRIDERS, and Life is Strange

Maybe now we get Classic Lara in real Tomb Raider Games again.
#9662  June 05, 2022, 09:14:03 pm
    • Germany
So there is a New Warhammer 40K Shooter Comming.
#9663  June 15, 2022, 02:03:18 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
please support this type of game that will be released tomorrow
#9664  July 01, 2022, 03:34:29 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Gentlemen our lord and savior of memes has returned. Tonight we shall celebrate this glorious occasion! In the name of his majesty “ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US”
#9665  July 01, 2022, 05:28:46 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
They didn't bother to fix the bad translation?
Yeah I prob know that would upset fans just because of how meme worthy the translation is for this game. But I guess they don't have the tools to fix it?
Otherwise, I guess it's cool that they added this game.

Anyway, Yea Mega Man Wily Wars! A great addition to the series!

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#9666  July 01, 2022, 06:22:26 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The bad translation is the only remarkable aspect about that game. If you remove the memes no one would care to play it.
#9667  July 02, 2022, 11:41:32 pm
Not sure if this was posted, but Persona 5 Royal is coming to PC.

One of my colleagues has been annoying me to play it for years.

#9668  August 04, 2022, 03:17:56 pm

Tactics Ogre Reborn on PS4/5, Switch, Steam, in November, awesome. Supposedly FFTactics is coming as well according to some leak that predicted Tactics Ogre ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9669  August 06, 2022, 03:28:58 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Final Fantasy Tactics has been on Android for years and I've wondered why Square never ported it to PC like they ported the other Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller

CF7

#9670  August 18, 2022, 10:50:23 pm
Sometime after stating they would pause their buying spree over having a not so lucrative quarter...

Embracer has announced to have acquired Middle-Earth Enterprises, owners of The Lord of the Rings franchise. Together with it, they have acquired:
Bitwave Games, Gioteck, Limited Run Games, Middle-earth Enterprises, Singtrix, Tatsujin, Tripwire Interactive, and Tuxedo Labs
More here;
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/embracer-group-acquires-bitwave-games-gioteck-limited-run-games-middle-earth-enterprises-singtrix-tatsujin-tripwire-interactive-and-tuxedo-labs
#9671  August 19, 2022, 05:58:32 pm
If you're a fan of Sega and use to love to play Sega CD games, now here's your chance with the Sega Genesis Mini 2:

Amazon exclusive only.
#9672  August 19, 2022, 06:32:40 pm
    • Brazil
Or... you could get an emulator.
#9673  August 19, 2022, 06:53:38 pm
    • USA
#9674  August 19, 2022, 09:59:26 pm
Or you can tolerate that people who like that stuff do whatever the fuck they want with their money.
Also this one apparently has exclusives, games that never came out, so
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9675  August 20, 2022, 02:18:15 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
It's kind of nice that it has Sega CD games on there, crappy FMV and all.

There are a few Sega CD I wished were on there... *cough Eternal Champions cough* ... but beggars can't be choosers, you know.
#9676  August 20, 2022, 02:52:54 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Or you can tolerate that people who like that stuff do whatever the fuck they want with their money.
Also this one apparently has exclusives, games that never came out, so
Those are going to get ripped the second people start receiving their consoles since the Genesis mini is just a Chinese SoC with minimum security.

These mini consoles are ok novelty products, and at least this time Sega is including the good gamepad, but again it's still just a Chinese SoC with a custom front end. You're not getting anything out of these boxes you wouldn't from emulation...because they *are* emulation boxes (and barebones at that).
#9677  August 20, 2022, 04:20:04 am
Yes but that's not the point and I don't think there's anyone who doesn't already know that at this point, how many of these things have come out and keep getting sold out ? Yes, because of scarcity, obviously, but people still buy them, and it's not for the emulator they run on. The handful of people who manage to get them obviously know about emulators already. Why do you think they still buy them ?
#9678  August 20, 2022, 06:33:41 am
    • Brazil
Yes but that's not the point and I don't think there's anyone who doesn't already know that at this point, how many of these things have come out and keep getting sold out ? Yes, because of scarcity, obviously, but people still buy them, and it's not for the emulator they run on. The handful of people who manage to get them obviously know about emulators already. Why do you think they still buy them ?
You'd be surprised how many people are unaware that they're being scammed. Not to mention that more people buying these only encourage the usage of manifactured scarcity as a tactic, and companies don't use that tactic only with physical stuff.
#9679  August 20, 2022, 01:47:34 pm
How do you know that there's anyone who bought one of these things in the past who wasn't aware of what emulation was, did you make it up ?
#9680  August 20, 2022, 04:12:21 pm
    • Brazil
Some people simply aren't aware of some things, it's not a hard concept to grasp.