YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4928386 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Lina released + 6 Characters updated (8/22/21)
#621  August 23, 2021, 05:11:01 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Ok, I found something on Kokonoe and Isaac after it was updated:
-The large sliding dust on both of their running throws is missing (If it is there on Kokonoe, it's small and blends with her running animation's dusts).
-On the P2 side of Issac, the color of the fly on the D6 turns to blue instead of staying yellow after one frame.

Checked the rest and everyone else is good. Also I may have mentioned it before, but the Burst icon is still present on Adachi on the Yomi Cutin portrait during Yomi Drop.

It's so amazing to see that the character you wanted to make 2 years ago is actually happening and the sprites looks great. It really shows your improvement and dedication. I'm very excited to see more.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#622  August 23, 2021, 10:48:49 am
    • Philippines
#623  August 23, 2021, 03:50:45 pm
    • Brazil
Though I think the warm colors on his outfit are a bit too saturated in my eyes.

Ok, so I have desaturated the warm colors a little bit. For comparison, the old sprite is on the left, and the new sprite after the desaturation is on the right:

Does it look any better to you?

Tager and Kokonoe's japanese voice patch has been updated to include the new SFX. Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5qg5m4tocq6lcwg/Updated_JPN_patches.rar/file

Everything seems to be in order for both of them. However, do you think you can make separate links for each of them since that's how I have them set up on my site?

Also, do me a favor and show me a screenshot of his down (sitting or whatever you call it) animation.

Got it all fixed. Go ahead and redownload them.

Sure. I was going to make separate links but I thought it would be more convenient to put them in one place but anyway, here you go:

Tager: https://www.mediafire.com/file/31a1bmtzmg36dkt/TagerJPN.rar/file
Kokonoe: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tbnz8fck6qxnpot/KokonoeJPN.rar/file
#624  August 23, 2021, 11:13:06 pm
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
    • coffeeflavoredmilk.neocities.org/
Though I think the warm colors on his outfit are a bit too saturated in my eyes.

Ok, so I have desaturated the warm colors a little bit. For comparison, the old sprite is on the left, and the new sprite after the desaturation is on the right:

Does it look any better to you?

It is an improvement yes. The belt buckle(?) is where the colors pop out the most which is what I was mainly referring to, but if you don't want to change those colors that's fine by me.
#625  August 24, 2021, 04:10:39 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Alchemist of Atlas has updated his Japanese voice patch for Mitsuru. Here's a direct link:
https://mega.nz/file/nUdwQD7D#JWWGuq4q6uHeKY5kDryUezUi09P3JJgH5EX_Qh_sabw

All fixed and reuploaded. go ahead and redownload them.

It's so amazing to see that the character you wanted to make 2 years ago is actually happening and the sprites looks great. It really shows your improvement and dedication. I'm very excited to see more.

Yeah, I suppose the next big thing would be to work with models and animation files from games outside of just Smash Ultimate. I think it may be possible for me to rip the models and animation files from Guilty Gear Strive, since I have already ripped voice clips from there, but we'll see how that goes.

Just here to show a 100% with Mitsuru.

Nicely done.

Sure. I was going to make separate links but I thought it would be more convenient to put them in one place but anyway, here you go:

Thank you, Site links have been updated.

The belt buckle(?) is where the colors pop out the most which is what I was mainly referring to, but if you don't want to change those colors that's fine by me.

Unfortunately, I still haven't quite figured out how to do color separation, So certain parts of the sprites share the same color swatches on the palette. This means that adjusting the red on his sash also adjusts the red on his coat and hat.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) Isaac Quick Update (01/30/21)
#626  August 24, 2021, 08:59:20 am
    • USA
Good to see that's been cleared up, but now I found a new bug on Issac's quick update. For some reason, the D6 always rolls 1s. Pretty sure this was done in order to check the splash effect on P2's side on the fly and it is fixed, but you forgot to change it back so no matter how many times he used the D6, he can only get flies on his dice rolls.
I checked P2 side again and the flies' pop effect is fixed for sure, but I encountered this bug again from 6 months ago. You might want to fix it.
#627  August 24, 2021, 02:38:11 pm
    • USA
Fixed.
#628  August 28, 2021, 08:14:39 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
So I'm doing Ruby's 100% combo and her Sy-Pod Shot is powerful.
https://streamable.com/fs0mq4

Yeah, I copied this combo from Jerry Kisaragi's video. ^-^
#629  August 30, 2021, 03:19:30 pm
    • USA
Hey OHSMBY, how have you been dude? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the sprite rips for Lina? And also where did you get the music playing during Lina's showcase video? Because I've bee trying to find more music from the Blade Strangers game, but unfortunately YouTube deleted most of them until very recently.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#630  September 01, 2021, 10:38:58 am
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
Hey, door's to your right. Take care and get out, eltoro.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#631  September 02, 2021, 03:47:31 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

If someone were to convert the character models from Granblue Fantasy Versus into sprites or do just that for Android 21 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I just might work on those characters.

A pretty old quote I'm bringing up, but apparently Models Resource did rip a couple playable character models from Granblue Versus on there. Mainly Gran, Katalina, Ferry, Zeta, Cagliostro and Yuel (at least at the time of me posting this). Now I myself am unsure with how well these models and such are or if they have their weapons with their character models as well, but if they work well, you could always use these should you wanna tackle making a GBVS character in the future. https://www.models-resource.com/pc_computer/granbluefantasyversus/

As for the other playable Versus characters...I have no clue as to where any other good models (or models in general) could be in terms of downloading them.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 10:55:26 pm by Solid Snivy
#632  September 02, 2021, 06:26:02 am
    • USA
So I'm doing Ruby's 100% combo and her Sy-Pod Shot is powerful.

The projectiles are ignoring the damage scaling, which is a bug.

I'd really hate to take that TOD away, but it's something that I'll need to fix.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the sprite rips for Lina?

Right here:
http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/index.php?location=sprites&page=0&gallery=bladestrangers&file=bs_ori_lin

And also where did you get the music playing during Lina's showcase video? Because I've bee trying to find more music from the Blade Strangers game, but unfortunately YouTube deleted most of them until very recently.

I ripped it directly from the Steam version of Blade Strangers. It's also really easy to access since all of the music tracks are unencrypted ogg files.

I just checked out Cagliostro's Model, and it looks like all of her assets are included, So I'm assuming the same is true for the rest of them. The main thing that I'll need for them now is their animation files. Seeing how this is an unreal engine game, I may be able to rip those files myself, though to be honest I'll probably be trying that with GG Strive first.

Also, While I'm at it, Kirby is going to get another update so he can have his special intro with King Dedede. Do any of you have any more characters that you would like for me to add to the Copy Ability list before I update him?
#633  September 02, 2021, 08:52:54 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
The projectiles are ignoring the damage scaling, which is a bug.

I'd really hate to take that TOD away, but it's something that I'll need to fix.

That was a bug? Well, R.I.P ToD... I guess.

Also, While I'm at it, Kirby is going to get another update so he can have his special intro with King Dedede. Do any of you have any more characters that you would like for me to add to the Copy Ability list before I update him?

I'll add some of them.

Code:
trigger53 = p2name = "Rentaro" || p2name = "Rentaro_K"
Add "Rentaro Satomi"

Code:
trigger29 = p2name = "Iori" || p2name = "Iori Yagami"
Add "Iori Yagami MAAB Sprite by Lingle" (Manny Lingle's character)

Code:
trigger19 = p2name = "Riesz"
Add "Riesz MAAB Sprite by Lingle" (Another Manny Lingle's character)

And here's some new characters I suggested:

Kawakaze by ZETA = Sword ability
p2name = Kawakaze(Azur Lane)

Dragon Claw by Reuben Kee = Cutter (or Fire?) ability
p2name = Dragon Claw
#634  September 02, 2021, 11:02:04 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, I'm not entirely sure if this helpful but I found a couple information about how to either import models from Guilty Gear Xrd or how to create sprites from it. The first piece of information is from a DeviantArt page from a person named Pharaohillusion, where they talk about how they imported models from Guilty Gear Xrd to XNALara using blender. And the second piece is from a member of this fourm called Suzaku, who talked about how it is possible to generate sprites ripped from the game, and they looked pretty good.
Here are the links
1.https://www.deviantart.com/pharaohillusion/art/How-I-port-from-Guilty-Gear-Xrd-to-XNALara-786608670
2.https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/generating-2d-guilty-gear-xrd-sprites-170997.0.html
Hopefully this helps, even though this is not Guilty Gear Strive specifically. Also thank you for telling where you get the sprites and the easiness of ripping the sound files from Blade Strangers. God bless you my dude and thanks.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:31:04 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#635  September 02, 2021, 01:48:21 pm
    • USA
Guess I will tribute to the list. To add:
-BBHood: "B.B. Hood"
-Polnareff: "Black Polnareff"
-Kakyoin: "New Kakyoin"
-Joseph Joestar: "Old Joseph"

-Khan (Sword)
-Iggy (Mirror)
-Rubber Soul (Mirror)
-Midler (Needle)
-Mariah (Plasma)
-Petshop (Ice)
-Devo/Devo the Cursed (Cutter)
-Vanilla Ice (Ice)
-Rukia Kuchiki (Ice)
-Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez (Cutter)
-Sosuke Aizen (Mirror)
-Noel (Spear)
-Londrekia Light (Ice)

Typo:
Muhammed Avdol: Muhammad Avdol

If Kamui_Kanjai decided to requested Bleach characters, might as well add the rest to represent Jump Force, the missing ones from the JoJo PS1 game and for the new character in Melty Blood: Type Lumina as it was announced yesterday. I hope it also makes Cavery so the copy abilities from the official JoJo game is at least there.

Although she won't make her debut in M.U.G.E.N anytime soon until the voices and sprites are ripped, might as well have all of Melty Blood covered in case it does happen.

Edit: Speaking about Noel, you don't have Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late [cl-r]'s new character, Londrekia either. And there's seems to be another new character on Melty Blood: Type Lumina that goes by Vlov Arkhangel. He seems to be the guy fighting Arcueid in the Tsukihime Remake opening. Judging by that, either Sword or Fire works. Up to you if you want to add him now or wait until a gameplay trailer is out for him.

Oh, and I also forgot to mention something minor regarding Kuroko. I would've waited until the next NOY update for the rest of the characters, but might as well say it now as I couldn't find anything else for her:
-The sliding dust on Kuroko's running throw is not large.

Dragon Claw by Reuben Kee = Cutter (or Fire?) ability
p2name = Dragon Claw
I prefer Fire as his moves utilize it and I mentioned plenty of characters with Cutter already.
Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 09:40:17 am by ZolidSone
#636  September 03, 2021, 02:05:12 am

Hi!!
with kirby and samus when I play in ikemen go when using them in tag mode it gives an error and they do not change, on the other hand other characters of yours like, metanight and the plant if they work for tag
#637  September 03, 2021, 04:36:05 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

Might as well throw in some of the GBVS characters themselves in as a suggestion for the list ahead of time. These are just how I'd feel with how fitting they'd be, so if you or anyone else has some better suggestions or suggestions for characters that I missed, then go for it.

Sword: Gran, Djeeta, Charlotta (There's apparently already one made by the author "cwn" back in like 2017), Zooey, Vira
Ice: Katalina, Lancelot
Fire: Percival, Yuel
Hammer: Vaseraga
Spear: Anre, Zeta
Plasma: Eustace
Suplex: Ladiva
Needle: Beelzebub
Ninja: Narmaya
Mirror: Seox

I know Djeeta's technically already covered because of Yugusic's version, but still.

Also throwing in Hexioum’s Hibiki Kohaku as another Ninja suggestion (assuming he’s not in the copy ability list already I mean).
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 09:36:37 pm by Solid Snivy
#638  September 03, 2021, 02:14:31 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA

If you didn't do it already... Sonic characters!

Sonic: Needle
Tails: Fighter
Knuckles: Suplex
Amy: Hammer
Rouge: Cutter
Shadow: Mirror
Silver: Plasma
Blaze: Fire
The Chaotix Gang: Ninja
Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:48:37 pm by KatsupSpecial
#639  September 03, 2021, 02:56:58 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
If you didn't do it already... Sonic characters!

Sonic: Wheel
Tails: Wing
Knuckles: Fighter
Amy: Hammer
Rouge: Wing
Shadow: Plasma
Silver: ESP
Blaze: Fire
The Chaotix Gang: Animal
Metal and Mecha Sonic: Laser

um... Kirby doesn't have wheel, wing, ESP, animal, nor laser abilities. double check his readme please.

While we're on the topic of updating chars, is meta knight on the list? My pc was broken down and I'm awaiting the arrival for a new one. I want to update his jpn voicepack as soon as I can, but its gonna be a while. Other than that, I can hardly wait for king dedede. Who knew Blender was amazing for converting 3D models to mugen! <3
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#640  September 03, 2021, 07:17:59 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Glad that finally Lina made it to MUGEN, thanks for another great work from you OHMSBY.