YesNoOk

Kof Neowave: All 8 stages full resolution by Caddie release(updated 7/26) (Read 26900 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, July 18, 2022, 10:18:20 am
Share this topic:
Kof Neowave: All 8 stages full resolution by Caddie release(updated 7/26)
#1  July 18, 2022, 10:18:20 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
UPDATED 7/26 TO FIX ISSUE WITH LEFTBOUND AND RIGHTBOUND VALUES, PLEASE USE SAME DOWNLOAD LINK

Download link for batch:
Stages - https://caddie.smeenet.org/stages/kofnwbatch.rar
Ost BGM - https://caddie.smeenet.org/mp3s/kofnwost.rar
Ast BGM - https://caddie.smeenet.org/mp3s/kofnwast.rar

Individual download links will come later

Preview video for all stages:

Video has a chapter select if you want to see a preview for an individual stage.

About:
Been working on these stages on and off for over 15 years. There were a lot of roadblocks; Mugen initially not supporting 640x480 stages, getting emulators to not blur PS2 games, finding out how to change the background color to bright pink to make it easier to rip(you can thank user N. for that), coming up with a method to disable layers, the damn bridge stage and the random cars...

Anyway it's all here and the stages really look and feel exactly like they do in the original game. Putting Mugen and a copy of the game side by side is pretty incredible for this. I did fix a bug in Harbor where in the original game, the giant boat will eventually fly up into the sky.

Using AST:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

About Mugen 1.1

The damn bridge stage:

Preview images:
Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 03:39:28 am by Cobra Caddie
Re: Kof Neowave: All 8 stages full resolution by Caddie release
#2  July 18, 2022, 12:04:48 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Sweet work. Gonna try later.
#3  July 18, 2022, 02:54:17 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
For some reason Elecbyte removed the option to make colored shadows in 1.1, despite several games having them(SFA3 for example). One of the side effects of that is this, sorry!

That's true? If so, I would have liked to try it. (Of course, I'm moving to Ikemen Go right now, so I'll still try it)
#4  July 18, 2022, 06:20:03 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Great realease, long time no see Caddie.
#5  July 20, 2022, 11:59:08 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
When I put them in Mugen 1.0, the only ones that don't drop frame rate below 60 are the greenhouse and the clocktower. It's not your fault that I'm still using a relatively old laptop, but I figured it's worth mentioning since you used the RGB method.

In Mugen 1.1 and Ikemen Go they run perfectly fine.

For some reason Elecbyte removed the option to make colored shadows in 1.1, despite several games having them(SFA3 for example). One of the side effects of that is this, sorry!
That's true? If so, I would have liked to try it. (Of course, I'm moving to Ikemen Go right now, so I'll still try it)
Mugen 1.1 has a lot of "what the hell were they thinking?" aspects. The shadows were one of the reasons I decided to update my entire stage collection.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#6  July 20, 2022, 01:31:49 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
These are great. I really like what you did with the vehicles on the Bridge stage.
#7  July 21, 2022, 08:11:46 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thanks for the replies, good to see yall again ;D

When I put them in Mugen 1.0, the only ones that don't drop frame rate below 60 are the greenhouse and the clocktower. It's not your fault that I'm still using a relatively old laptop, but I figured it's worth mentioning since you used the RGB method.

Ahh that sucks, probably all the transparencies stacking up and causing slowdown. And Mugen 1.0 doesn't support sff2 files with full color pngs does it? Or else that'd be an easy solution.
#8  July 26, 2022, 03:46:22 am
  • I must continue my training...
And Mugen 1.0 doesn't support sff2 files with full color pngs does it? Or else that'd be an easy solution.

Nope. Only 1.1 can handle full color png's. I'm kinda shocked RGB couldn't save you from slow frame death. Good to see an OG like you back at it. Then again if POTS can resurrect like Gill, then why not you? Lol!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#9  July 26, 2022, 09:43:50 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Check out this post. Since you doubled localcoord I think you should also (at least) double leftbound  and rightbound.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#10  July 27, 2022, 03:41:09 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Check out this post. Since you doubled localcoord I think you should also (at least) double leftbound  and rightbound.
Thank you for the heads up on this. Tested it with the same character/same move and was able to fix the issue by adjusting those values like you suggested. New download link is same in first post.