YesNoOk

DeathScythe WIPs: Sakura (Read 47665 times)

Started by Nintendo DS, July 05, 2018, 09:06:25 PM
Share this topic:
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#101  April 09, 2022, 09:12:14 PM
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
So, I finally took the time to make this.

(Thank you Foobs and Karma for the tips, clearly not borrowed inspired by Foobs' template)

Heh. You go, pal! And here, catch some unoriginal, but essential palettes (hope you don't have these, but I bet you do...)

Thanks for the pals, I had the default one that I made myself but yours looks better, so I'm replacing it lol

idk if you want or like it, but i had a custom sprite for her stand based on sfv

Re: DeathScythe WIPs: Sakura
#102  April 09, 2022, 10:25:25 PM
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Reject Modernity, Embrace Tradition.
    • UK

idk if you want or like it, but i had a custom sprite for her stand based on sfv

You aren't going to get much use out of it since it's only 1 sprite. If you had a full animation then maybe it'll be up for consideration.
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#103  April 09, 2022, 10:57:23 PM
  • A.K.A. NED
  • "Videl's Chapter" "2ND PAGE (ENGLISH) on Twitter !
#104  April 13, 2022, 09:39:34 PM
    • USA
As a competitive CvS2 player, I must stress the importance of how top tier this girl is in CvS2. Mainly her roll cancel hadouken, roll cancel tatsu, and last but not least.... SHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHO

Idk the values, but the SHOSHOSHO custom combo does a shitload of damage and even chip guard.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#105  April 13, 2022, 09:58:00 PM
POTS chars dont have roll cancels as far as I know.
#106  April 13, 2022, 10:00:19 PM
    • USA
Yeah I'm aware that there's no RC in that system. Although, worth mentioning in case Death scythe is interested in accommodating something possibly similar. Either way, a POTS or CvS2 Sakura should be busted!
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#107  April 14, 2022, 10:51:34 AM
About Hadosho, I suggest you use far MP as a base for the pose to edit. instead of her hadoken pose.

What will be her throw cancel from Sakura Otoshi ? Any chance it's her sommersault like move from SFV ?

Uh, but... why is that? What is wrong with the hadoken animation? I'm sticking to it since that's how she does it in CvS2.
The throw is just her kick throw from CvS2 but done in the air. Because of the lack of custom sprites this is the only air throw that looks good for now.

Why not adding Sakura no Ame from her SFV super art?
It would be neat.

I thought about it too.
But the truth (to me) is that many SFV critical arts are not that interesting when you remove all the flashy camera effects.

But, yes, why not.

I'm not much a fan of the cinematics, however this move could work without it. Will see. :P

As the others said, a single sprite will not be of much use...

As a competitive CvS2 player, I must stress the importance of how top tier this girl is in CvS2. Mainly her roll cancel hadouken, roll cancel tatsu, and last but not least.... SHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHO

Idk the values, but the SHOSHOSHO custom combo does a shitload of damage and even chip guard.

Well, since other characters in this style don't have RC, I think is unfair to give her.
About SHOSHO: https://streamable.com/3nyzfo
The only thing is, the timer for CC on PotS chars is a lot shorter. Still does decent damage since it costs one bar.
#108  April 15, 2022, 03:07:15 PM
  • A.K.A. NED
  • "Videl's Chapter" "2ND PAGE (ENGLISH) on Twitter !