YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734513 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2641  October 06, 2021, 01:37:55 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
(...and also my bias against the fucking white privileges :x overly handsome teenagers trope getting the larger spotlights, as always.)
Literally what?  What are you on about?  Didn't we go through the whole "Anime characters are not white" debacle years ago with that awful Hollywood GitS rendition?  Sora's as dopey Japanese as you can get out of a JRPG star.  From the goofy hair made fun off numerous times in the games to the island life to his freaking name.  What does this have to do with Sora and Kingdom Hearts?

And likewise;
What is the point of this post? It has nothing to do with Smash and the game itself turned out to be pretty janky. It's not the Smash killer that it's completely overhyped to be.
Huh?  No one outside disillusioned Smash pro YouTube channels are even talking about the game, and they're not even considering the thought.  Not at all even the developers, that is not their goal at all to dethrone Smash Bros. but to make a Melee supplement since Nintendo isn't interested in keeping that scene alive.  Beyond that the developers are just Garfield-obsessed memelords.

I can't imagine anyone could even muster disappointment after the legal impossibilities this character's inclusion must have meant, to satisfy the actual legitimate majority of the fanbase, but sometimes one forgets how much personal preference clouds one's perception.   Have it happen plenty to me as well.  But Kingdom Hearts is somewhere in that top 5 game series ever category and personal minute gripes I can find are completely overshadowed by the fact that Sora at all is in the game.  This is how you do a polar opposite of Byleth.

THAT ALL SAID.....those minute details make me point out that as many hoops were jumped through to get as much as they did, I see Utada was not a part of the deal and there's no main themes.  On the one hand, shame, but on the other, Sonic stages and Warioware's Ashley song have made it abundantly clear lyrical songs don't mesh as well while actually fighting.  And I'm a bit surprised that the character is super heavily based on KH1 alone for the movepool.  No keyblade swapping or form changes or flowmotion or any of all that fun stuff.  Which is probably fine as to not overpower the character with options but still.

Anyways, non-Sora stuff.  What was the deal with that Dark Souls fake-out?  The Sora connection made more sense after being explained the fire was the "Light that never goes out", but that was a near shot-for-shot recreation of a bonfire kindling from Dark Souls and by all means looked like we were getting the Chosen Undead until Mario just chucked the firepit.  And Doomguy's here as well.  Neat.  Face covering Mii outfits look SO much better than those that don't, and this continues that trend.  Another one I might pick up just because.  And I guess nice bone toss for Octoling fans that were still holding out after the Octo Expansion.  Next Smash game, guys.
Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:36:29 am by Long John Killer
#2642  October 06, 2021, 06:50:46 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
One time I had a dream where at the end of the dream, me and everyone hero and villain alike stopped and started singing Simple and Clean. And it was the real song and the correct lyrics. It was pretty surreal

I've never played Kingdom Hearts lol
#2643  October 06, 2021, 02:54:22 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I've never played Kingdom Hearts lol

Me neither.

Regarding the news about Sora getting in, I feel... indifferent? I know he was big in the Playstation circles and madly popular because of the Disney crossover, so he probably deserve the spot, but I can't shake the feeling that there is someone more worthy of the spot. It is probably because I never played Kingdom Hearts and would get awfully annoyed about the rabid fanbase the series has (I do recall the fanbase back in the day being just unbearable).

Anyway, congrats to all who made a Disney property come onto Smash. Enjoy it while you can, for it is all but guaranteed that he will not be in the next Smash game.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2644  October 06, 2021, 03:08:29 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Never played KH series in my life.
And yet I am so surprised that madman of Masahiro Sakurai put a Disney character in Smash.
It looks like the road is finally over.
This is fate.
#2645  October 06, 2021, 03:59:02 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

i kinda sorta predicted sora when i said something about disney making a smash bros game and have sora be the guest character
#2646  October 06, 2021, 05:44:58 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
#2647  October 06, 2021, 07:07:43 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Literally what?  What are you on about?  Didn't we go through the whole "Anime characters are not white" debacle years ago with that awful Hollywood GitS rendition?  Sora's as dopey Japanese as you can get out of a JRPG star.  From the goofy hair made fun off numerous times in the games to the island life to his freaking name.  What does this have to do with Sora and Kingdom Hearts?

Alright, I worded it kinda bad, and it indeed looks silly now. Sorry for the misconception.

I meant "Anime-looking" privileges;
#2648  October 06, 2021, 09:47:55 pm
i kinda sorta predicted sora when i said something about disney making a smash bros game and have sora be the guest character

And me. I made a Sora Mii back when Smash 4 came and following by making more KH Mii's. Now that the real Sora is out, i don't need my Sora Mii anymore.
#2649  October 07, 2021, 07:33:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Finally, Sakurai can rest.

Also I know I said a Super Robot Wars character was gonna be revealed and you might think I was proven wrong but ACTUALLY I was right all along because Kingdom Hearts is just Super Robot Wars but with Disney instead of mech anime. :yeses:

plus you know that sooner or later Squeenix is gonna make an OG Kingdom Hearts subseries, with just the original characters and storylines, just like SRW. Probably call it something weird like Kingdom Hearts Original Generation: The 69th Days (RE: CC: BBC:). I was right about Smash so I will also be right about this.
#2650  October 07, 2021, 08:30:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I mean you could have just pointed to the mech anime video game point of the Toy Story world in Kingdom Hearts III that already happened.

Which you must know of.  Of course you must.  Because who else is obsessed with mechs?  Rex from Toy Story.  Which must mean you must be Rex from Toy Story's Heartless.

As I always suspected.
#2651  October 07, 2021, 03:43:20 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Never played KH series in my life either, but Sora looks really good into smash according to his art style and yes Sakurai got a way with it because it was a another sword character. :yaoming:
#2652  October 07, 2021, 07:20:56 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

Now i'll have to wait for a smash bros spinoff but with pokemon to happen
#2653  October 07, 2021, 09:30:02 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That's definitely not going to happen.
#2654  October 07, 2021, 09:33:49 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
can't wait for fighter pass 3 and 4.
#2655  October 07, 2021, 09:59:39 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
can't wait for fighter pass 3 and 4.

Yeah, you can see that happening only in your dream world. There's only so much they can do. 89 fighters and almost 120 unique stages are good enough.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2656  October 07, 2021, 10:38:58 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
#2657  October 07, 2021, 10:42:52 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Pretty sure Sakurai doesn't even have enough budget to warrant a FP3 at this point and I don't think Nintendo is in any rush to further promote Ultimate when there is a plethora of upcoming Switch titles looming about so yea, I think Ultimate is just about done with large content and we will still get the occasional Spirit events from new titles (such as Metroid Dread) and gimmick tournaments.

Basically, let the poor beast and his team rest already.
#2658  October 07, 2021, 11:00:18 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
haha, remember when people were hoping that Smash Ultimate would be the last Smash game and would be used as a "platform" to constantly update it with new fighters, almost in a "games as a life service" kind of way?
haha, they were so damn naive
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2659  October 08, 2021, 12:38:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
then I'll have to wait for 5 and 6 too.
They've already confirmed that Vol. 2 was the definite end.

Just wait for the next Smash game. Of course there will be a next Smash game, Ninty will do one with or without Sakurai.
#2660  October 08, 2021, 01:01:26 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Smash is over. I mean there will be another Smash, but Smash is over. This is the end regardless of how not the end it is.

That being said, I hope the next one has rollback.