YesNoOk

KoF XIV (Read 2063618 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, September 15, 2015, 09:35:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XIV
#3461  July 19, 2016, 10:06:13 am
    • USA
That's not a fair comparison, those games rely on the era atmosphere, the musics are an integral part of the theme.

Even then it doesn't really matter because it's fucking boring to me anyway. Nothing more boring in a fighting game than ambient sounds and low key "background noise-ish" music. I expect my fighting games to have actual music and I'm thankful that SNK dropped what they did in KOF 97 with the soundtrack in general (The actual songs were good though).

Samsho 4 has freaking great tracks... When there's actual music.
#3462  July 19, 2016, 10:20:51 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Just played the demo

My Impressions:

1. The game really looks technically not as advanced as Mortal Kombat X or Street Fighter V but it looks quite charming to me.
2. The soundtrack is absolutely nothing to worry about, its neither as bombastic as the Killer Instinct soundtrack or the classic KOF ones but it is good and fits the characters and the action. I wouldnt call it background noise.
3. Those easy combos that can be done through spamming Square are weird to see for me. They are like the easy mode in Marvel vs Capcom or BlazBlue and even end in a super if the super meter is at least at 1.
4. The stages are gorgeous.
5. Sylvie is crazy.
6. The effects of the special moves are looking awesome
7. Animations look choppy sometimes while others look fluid and great
8. 4 colors per character from the get-go..no survival grind needed there ;-P
8. Pre-Ordered. My PSN nick is Tekken-Noob666 and I want to kick all of your asses.

#3463  July 19, 2016, 10:22:17 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
oh man, kof xiv's soundtrack is the best kof soundtrack to date hands down.
Not even.

Also, the game does look better in person. It feels slower than a 2D KOF but that's just placebo since I've seen the speed comparison videos, it must be some illusion due to the game being 3D or something.

lui

#3464  July 19, 2016, 10:25:23 am
    • USA
well, in my opinion it is. i never was a fan of the older kof soundtracks for the reasons i stated earlier.

from what i can see the "illusion" is probably due to the shift to 3D, which is something SNK hasn't done much with KoF aside from MI. It's said that many of the staff are inexperienced with this 3D shift so the animations seem a bit...floatier as a result. most of them lack the impact and weight the sprites had, Ramon is a great example of this.
#3465  July 19, 2016, 10:35:14 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
i don't really dig the new k' team track, misses the heavy industrial vibes the old themes had. feels like some shitty shmup track, very generic
#3466  July 19, 2016, 10:38:01 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
the mexico team theme however is one of the few times i've actually paid attention to KoF music. inexplicably reminds me of something in a suda51 game
#3467  July 19, 2016, 10:43:46 am
Yeah some character animation feels like skipping a frame or 2
#3468  July 19, 2016, 12:54:42 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I had high hopes for the soundtrack that sound just fair not outstanding as the previous ones atleast old ones like KOF XI had the intensity. Saxophone Under the Moon doesnt sound sexy as kof 96 version, COCO is magnificent, Inheritance does gives a homage to Tung's FFS Theme but yeah feels weird, KD-SR aside from the opening Its just not the fun like the previous, Sky Blue HAIL THE LUCHADORES!!!!! Venetor Ballare not that I'm a fan of Opera BUt I f Remember KOF MI's Reqiem for 50,000 well then I prefer the former albeit it suits the team, Splendid Soldier is ......Yeah soundtrack needs a little patch up the only fave of mine from this is Yappari Esaka
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:15:36 pm by Segatron
#3469  July 19, 2016, 01:47:56 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
Hearing Splendid Soldier (Team Women Fighters' Theme) makes me wanna go back to Tom & Jerry again -w-

Team K's Theme, KD-SR reminded me Benimaru Team's 2000 Theme. That song part looks similar
#3470  July 19, 2016, 02:13:21 pm
Just played the demo

My Impressions:

1. The game really looks technically not as advanced as Mortal Kombat X or Street Fighter V but it looks quite charming to me.
2. The soundtrack is absolutely nothing to worry about, its neither as bombastic as the Killer Instinct soundtrack or the classic KOF ones but it is good and fits the characters and the action. I wouldnt call it background noise.
3. Those easy combos that can be done through spamming Square are weird to see for me. They are like the easy mode in Marvel vs Capcom or BlazBlue and even end in a super if the super meter is at least at 1.
4. The stages are gorgeous.
5. Sylvie is crazy.
6. The effects of the special moves are looking awesome
7. Animations look choppy sometimes while others look fluid and great
8. 4 colors per character from the get-go..no survival grind needed there ;-P
8. Pre-Ordered. My PSN nick is Tekken-Noob666 and I want to kick all of your asses.
odd, I can't find the demo of it  :???: is the demo free for all or must pre-order in order to get the demo?  :S

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#3471  July 19, 2016, 02:16:54 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#3472  July 19, 2016, 02:36:01 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa

odd, I can't find the demo of it  :???: is the demo free for all or must pre-order in order to get the demo?  :S
If you go on the PSN Store and go to the demo section, it is literally the first demo there.

#3473  July 19, 2016, 02:48:04 pm
Demo is out in AU/NZ right now. It's gonna be available later today in other regions.

Game looks about what I expected to. Not great but serviceable, hardly the atrocity some people swear it is. It looks slower but certainly doesn't feel that way. I've seen frame comparisons as well so it's objective fact that the speed is the same in general and it's just a visual thing. Music sounds great in game, not nearly as good by itself. 96 had better composition, only rivaled by 99 and 2000 imo. 97 as well when it wasn't crowd noise.

Nelson's control scheme is fun to mess with. Still wish normals for some were a bit stronger, someone like KoD (other big chars too from what I've seen) could really use a damage buff there since they move and attack so slow. I also wish they gave Shun'ei a jump cancel command move. Sylvie's pretty straightforward, but has some fun things to play with. One of her SDMs is an OTG.

Antonov is a pretty confident guy. Train all you want, but you'll never beat him! :laugh4:
Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:04:48 pm by Niitris
#3474  July 19, 2016, 06:23:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Also, the game does look better in person. It feels slower than a 2D KOF but that's just placebo since I've seen the speed comparison videos, it must be some illusion due to the game being 3D or something.

could it be input lag? since the netplay now has to work in china :P
#3475  July 19, 2016, 07:32:13 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

Team China trailer
#3476  July 19, 2016, 08:07:41 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Meitenkun is so adorable. I may have had some doubts about his gameplay from very early on, but I'll be willing to give him a shot.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#3477  July 19, 2016, 08:12:31 pm
meh tung is the only one i like in that team,
#3478  July 19, 2016, 08:42:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nothing wrong with meitenclip.
#3479  July 19, 2016, 09:58:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ugh still can't play the demo. It shows it in the store but says "this item cannot be accessed at this time". Anyone in NA able to get it yet?
#3480  July 19, 2016, 10:41:21 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
You get also a pretty nice dynamic theme for downloading the KOF XIV demo