YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1559422 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1221  January 31, 2017, 08:27:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Powerlevels have been bullshit for ages. You had to stop paying attention to those during the buu saga or you'd go nuts.

Still don't like the characterisations. I look back at goku's selflessness over the course of DBZ and it's just not here. Honestly, for the first time i'd prefer Vegeta was in the limelight. Over the course of DBZ i considered him a complete idiot and the reason for half the problems they had. In this, he's actually interesting, but they've kinda turned him into DBZ piccolo.

I am on the zamasu arc right now. Start of this is boring as fuck. Hoping it picks up a bit, the tournament was pretty interesting.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1222  January 31, 2017, 05:11:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Tournament had actually one of my favorite bits of characterization for Goku,

Hit tells him that they are the God's playthings.
Goku replies "For now.".  Thats actually really close to the whole Monkey King origin mentality,

What were your favorite bits of the tournament?
#1223  January 31, 2017, 08:05:54 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Powerlevels have been bullshit for ages. You had to stop paying attention to those during the buu saga or you'd go nuts.
I always said that power levels stopped mattering when scouters(or any other power reading equipment) stopped being able to read them in a fashion such as with numbers, which is near the end of the Freeza Saga.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#1224  January 31, 2017, 11:12:07 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Even with scouters they were bullshit. Like Vegeta and then later GInyu said, relying on the readings that a scouter gives only throws you off (but even GInyu loses his shit when he sees a 180k reading).

Though I do like how the first and last readings for scouters are both 5.
#1225  February 01, 2017, 09:25:50 pm
With the return of Frieza We have seen Sorbet using the scouter. It makes me really wonder why they never got to update those scouters as his explodes aswell.
#1226  February 01, 2017, 10:30:16 pm
    • Germany
I never understood why the scouters exploded anyway, and don't just show are error message. xD
#1227  February 01, 2017, 10:37:36 pm
Explosions = Power
#1228  February 01, 2017, 10:51:21 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Even with scouters they were bullshit. Like Vegeta and then later GInyu said, relying on the readings that a scouter gives only throws you off (but even GInyu loses his shit when he sees a 180k reading).

Though I do like how the first and last readings for scouters are both 5.
Well, if that's the case, concealing power only really mattered once anyone being read realized that they needed to conceal it in the first place. That would mean that scouters were useless as of the Z-fighters meeting Nappa and Vegeta. In fact, I think Vegeta mentioned it shortly after they met the others face to face.  Though now that I think about it, the scouters did bring up something interesting when Jeice read Ginyu-Goku's power level. Being that it capped out after whatever it was, brought up that there may have been different types of power generation, potentially similar to how "god" ki can't be easily read by someone other than a god without proper training.

If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#1229  February 01, 2017, 11:01:20 pm
the scouters did bring up something interesting when Jeice read Ginyu-Goku's power level. Being that it capped out after whatever it was, brought up that there may have been different types of power generation, potentially similar to how "god" ki can't be easily read by someone other than a god without proper training.
Uh no, that was just very explicitly saying that Ginyu even in Goku's body was unable to bring out Goku's power the same way as him. That has nothing to do with how no one (except gods) can feel the god ki, different forms of energy or such.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1230  February 01, 2017, 11:47:32 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Uh no, that was just very explicitly saying that Ginyu even in Goku's body was unable to bring out Goku's power the same way as him. That has nothing to do with how no one (except gods) can feel the god ki, different forms of energy or such.
Ah. Maybe I missed that part. It's been half a decade since I had seen or read that portion of DBZ.
#1231  February 01, 2017, 11:56:47 pm
Goku used Kaiohken in the fight against the Ginyu Force, Ginyu saw that power and wanted to take it, but when he switched, he didn't know how to actually use Kaiohken. I think Vegeta made fun of him for not thinking of how hard Goku had trained for that multiplier, talking about taking over the body but not the heart, or something along those lines. I remember it wasn't phrased too well, but in context just after Kaiohken, it was pretty obvious.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1232  February 03, 2017, 02:57:00 am
Isn't the kaoken a multiplier boost sort move? How is it read or detectable if it isnt actually a true power level? Only power within The Characters are readable maybe.
#1233  February 03, 2017, 03:50:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no, the scooters detect the current power level, not the latent, potentail or whatever thing you want to imply. transformations, multipliers and even pulling out a fucking gun are enough to modify the power level reading.
#1234  February 03, 2017, 10:17:07 am
I have no idea how you could possibly come up with the idea that a multiplier can't be read by the scouters. The first fight that has Kaiohken against Nappa and Vegeta shows them see his power explode when he uses it.
#1235  February 03, 2017, 05:22:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yah, iirc the very first example of scooter usage is a guy having a level of 1 then pull out a shotgun and have his level skyrocket to like 6
#1236  February 03, 2017, 05:30:23 pm
    • USA
Goku can surpass his current power limit by just wielding a shotgun.
#1237  February 03, 2017, 05:44:22 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Does that mean clothes also make the power levels bigger?
wow,what a bullshit.

Isn't the kaoken a multiplier boost sort move? How is it read or detectable if it isnt actually a true power level?

I started to doubt that its a multiplier,since Goku can't even come close to Beerus with KaiokenX10 Blue or Beerus is strong as he needs to be?
#1238  February 03, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
What? but its been stated many times now that Kaioken multiplies the users power by how ever many X's they can manage hence the X2, X3, X10 etc.
#1239  February 03, 2017, 07:21:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
goku can't surpass beerus because beerus is that much stronger than goku.
#1240  February 03, 2017, 08:36:23 pm
yah, iirc the very first example of scooter usage is a guy having a level of 1 then pull out a shotgun and have his level skyrocket to like 6
Just checked to make sure, the farmer had his shotgun before Raditz came out, his power level was 5 from start to finish. I really don't think weapons and cloths affect the power level. But Kaiohken definitely does, I'm pretty sure that the Ginyu fight shows Jeice pissing himself watching Goku go red (and then Ginyu in Goku's body doesn't grow as strong because he's not using Kaiohken).
As for Beerus, he actually gave a percentage of the power he used to hold off SSJGod Goku. Checked that too, Whis says Beerus used nearly 70% of his power. And going Blue still wasn't enough - which is a little odd since SSJ multiplier is like 50, right ? So SSGod to SSBlue should normally have the same multiplier... Unless it doesn't, or unless that 70% number was retconned since the movie (dunno if the anime repeated it). Makes you wonder why they even invented the Blue form in the first place.
Also SSBlue + Kaiohken is anime filler garbage, don't even take it into account in any calculation.
Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:44:06 pm by Byakko