YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1556701 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1241  February 03, 2017, 08:46:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The seventy percent number was revealed by whis to be a lie, when he compares their power output( a tree vs a palace), Beerus was apparently just lying to get Goku invested into the fight.
#1242  February 03, 2017, 09:19:30 pm
    • Germany
Also SSBlue + Kaiohken is anime filler garbage, don't even take it into account in any calculation.

The Super Anime is as much canon as the Super Manga right now since Toriyama is more involved in the anime afaik, and gives both teams a guideline how the story has to evolve etc.

So you can't just say something is just "filler garbage" as long Toriyama don't says that one of the both is "less" canon.

Sooo if Toriyama said at some point that one is canon and the other one is not, then please show me, because right now we just have the rare case that we can't be sure unless the Author says it.
#1243  February 03, 2017, 10:03:18 pm
Toriyama is more involved in the anime afaik
No he's not. Someone here posted that rumor before but that just came from nowhere, I haven't seen any hint to that anywhere. So I'm calling bullshit on that rumor. Toyotaro said he gets the same script as Toei at the same time, and they both fill out the blanks in their own way. That is what they said.
Toei simply reused something they already made up for filler back in the days to make it make sense, and even though Toyotaro does make some changes from what the anime does (since he comes after) and makes some adaptations, it's just ridiculous to suggest he would have skipped SSBlue Kaiohken if that was something coming straight from Toriyama, giving how massively important it would be. So it's definitely not from Toriyama's script, and we know what little credit we can give the anime. You can bet your ass Toriyama's script simply said "Goku cycles through his forms and increases his power until he can break through Hits trap". SSBlue Kaiohken is anime filler garbage just like it was back in Z.

The seventy percent number was revealed by whis to be a lie, when he compares their power output( a tree vs a palace), Beerus was apparently just lying to get Goku invested into the fight.
Ah, right, I forgot that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:13:51 pm by Byakko
#1244  February 04, 2017, 02:26:06 am
The Manga and Anime are different. Akira Toriyama only cares about The Manga. He only commented once about Dragonball Super's quality as he was not happy with it.
#1245  February 04, 2017, 06:27:20 am
#1246  February 05, 2017, 03:34:54 am
The drawings and style is so Great in the new Episode. If you think about it, several months passed by if you see how big Bulma's belly is  now because her pregnancy. It could be possible that fighters trained and became much stroger while Bulma was pregnant.  If that is the case, We might have flashbacks in the tournament about their training.
#1247  February 05, 2017, 04:15:00 am
lol they did press on the bit with Goku being oblivious to family bond with that "who cares ? You're not the one giving birth !" while Vegeta does actually care.
And that heavily somber foreshadowing of a clash between Beerus and Goku... Between this and the family thing, that's a big promise for character development and exposition to come. Goku might actually start being seen as a legit threat. But then again, the God of Destruction is one to talk... It's in the job description - and it's actually becoming believable that Goku might become just as fearsome as Beerus was the first time he showed up, as the next god of destruction.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:22:51 am by Byakko
#1248  February 05, 2017, 04:30:33 am
hope there's a future plan for the two female saiyans. what's the point of having them if they're gonna treat them like they did to goten.
#1249  February 05, 2017, 04:31:48 am
Two ? What two female Saiyans ? Isn't there just the female Broly one ?
#1250  February 05, 2017, 04:59:36 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Pan and Bra, perhaps?
#1251  February 05, 2017, 05:01:44 am
That would be after we've caught up with the end of the manga though, with Uub. Nowhere close to now.
#1252  February 05, 2017, 05:08:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and it's actually becoming believable that Goku might become just as fearsome as Beerus was the first time he showed up, as the next god of destruction.

goku ascending to godhood is a very recurrent theme in dragon ball, dunno why.
#1253  February 05, 2017, 05:12:56 am
Maybe because Journey to the West, like Iced ( I think) said earlier.
#1254  February 05, 2017, 09:50:29 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
I've been reading online about an apparent change of directors for Dragonball Super that was put into place starting with episode 77, and if that episode is any indication the Super Anime might start getting a lot better.
I mean, I doubt the animation is going to be that much more consistent if at all, since it's Toei, but a guy can dream.
#1255  February 05, 2017, 02:03:00 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Everyone now has to fight for their universes all because Goku wants fights. Is Goku the real villain of this series? Him and Vegeta pretty much switched roles. Vegeta mellowed out into a family man while Goku gets more and more fight obsessed. Even Beerus of all people is saying he's going too far.
#1256  February 05, 2017, 03:03:48 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
lol they did press on the bit with Goku being oblivious to family bond with that "who cares ? You're not the one giving birth !" while Vegeta does actually care.
And that heavily somber foreshadowing of a clash between Beerus and Goku... Between this and the family thing, that's a big promise for character development and exposition to come. Goku might actually start being seen as a legit threat. But then again, the God of Destruction is one to talk... It's in the job description - and it's actually becoming believable that Goku might become just as fearsome as Beerus was the first time he showed up, as the next god of destruction.

The whole thing with him fucking off to go convince the gods to host the tournament and becoming responsible for a tournament set off where people are going to die is very akin the monkey king thing, Goku fucked up and seems like he needs to learn a lesson.

Wonder if theyll bury him under a mountain
#1257  February 05, 2017, 03:29:34 pm
Goku has the right to f.ck things up and fix it. He has these rights as a main hero.
#1258  February 05, 2017, 04:01:40 pm
Nobodies talking about how a mere hand gun actually scratched Goku. I understand that he hasn't been training quite as much lately but thats taking things pretty far isn't? I thought it was silly in the previous episode for Krillin to get a cut from a bullet but even Goku's vulnerable when caught off guard now? This before he decides he wants to fight in a big tournament with powerful people all over the multiverse and somehow win.
#1259  February 05, 2017, 04:10:37 pm
but even Goku's vulnerable when caught off guard now?
That's not new. Remember he got nearly killed by the basic Freeza army peashooter because he was shot by surprise. He also feels pain from getting slapped by Chichi or Bulma or whoever. We've talked about this before. If they're not paying attention, their skin is the same as anyone else's.
#1260  February 05, 2017, 04:35:17 pm
In DBZ before the Cell games when Goku was relaxing in his SSJ form, Krillin threw a rock at him and Goku felt pain, just another example to add to the list.