YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18168805 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#221  July 19, 2015, 08:04:11 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So much for spoilers.

Yeah, that last bit I can't quite understand, but I've seen it without subtitles so I only got what's shown.  For all sakes and purposes, Vegeta should have lived through any planetary explosion, but the lack of oxygen afterwords is another deal.  Though then we go back to BoG where look at that, god form no longer needs oxygen.  But then, Goku went to the moon anyways as a kid.  Someone slipped up in fact checking somewhere on Saiyans in space, and its been confusingly contradictory ever since.

Re-reading through that debunk leaves me wondering if they viewed any of the counter-arguements when doing the rematch now. :-\
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:14:41 pm by Long John Killer
#222  July 19, 2015, 08:53:27 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

K that makes sense. But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan. But maybe Frieza's anatomy is good enough that he has the durability to survive exploding planets? Regardless, Superman can too, so it's really a non-issue. no one ever said Goku can't HURT Superman.

Yes, Frieza's race is pretty damn durable and pretty damn powerful(his race can survive the vacuum of space since birth, it's not a Frieza thing). You also have to remember that Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga had enough power to destroy the planet and he was like 18K? Frieza in his weakest form is still beyond Vegeta in that scale and it's unknown if he was knocked unconscious compared to Gohan to still live after the planet exploded(Goku's Kamehameha still did damage to Frieza's face).

You Know Superboy-Prime Broke through Reality by PUNCHING it Right?

Why are we using what's basically supposed to be Pre-Crisis Superman(As Superboy Prime is supposed to be that)?

Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta died when Freeza blew up Earth on that last OAV, while Freeza survived, from what I recall.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#223  July 19, 2015, 08:58:42 pm
    • USA
I thought Frieza's golden form ran out by then.  Granted his previous "final form" would be redonkulously strong, if his new first form one-shots Gohan, but not to blue haired Vegeta levels.
#224  July 19, 2015, 09:10:36 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I thought Frieza's golden form ran out by then.  Granted his previous "final form" would be redonkulously strong, if his new first form one-shots Gohan, but not to blue haired Vegeta levels.

It did honestly. That's why I said if he had probably had to pack in way more power than he had(Since his main issue again with his Golden form is that he didn't train his body to handle the extreme output).

That's why I also stated that they most likely didn't put in Vegeta suffocating and instead having him get blown up too for dramatic effect(Since I believe Whis was more trying to get to get to Goku about his hubris)

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#225  July 19, 2015, 09:29:37 pm
    • USA
Then I misread that, thought you meant that final form Frieza had a bigger attack that Golden Frieza did.

By the way, the video's up separate from the stream now, for those catching in late.
#226  July 20, 2015, 04:55:08 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
meh after seeing le vid still a fucking bias... or one sided fight...
#227  July 20, 2015, 07:31:50 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I would like a toph vs gaara rematch cause that fight was really dumb. that was Kazekage gaara they downplayed his real ability and made up dumb facts about his sand. Toph would not of stood a damn chance. They failed to mention Gaara stood up to Madara for a good while who was dropping fucking METEORS on him.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#228  July 20, 2015, 07:40:01 am
    • USA
Yeah, that one I'm also curious on, but for the opposite side.  Where did they get the idea that Toph was required to touch Garra to kill him?  He wears earth around him, she can kill him with but a thought.  But more detail on Garra would be good to know as well.
#229  July 20, 2015, 08:12:21 am
  • I see you.
actually nobody can control his sand but him as its actually his mothers soul. Its a long story to explain lol. basically his mom is always protecting him with that sand, he can move it but it moves on its own as well she couldn't be manipulated by toph period. Everytime it shields him its not gaara controlling it its his mom protecting him all by herself.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#230  July 20, 2015, 08:21:30 am
    • USA
Why does it being his mother's soul prevent Toph from using it?  Different techniques in control, one being telepathic the other spiritual.  Perhaps some resistant force, but nothing someone that can move cities can't overcome.

The fact that Garra can move it actually seems to help prove that Toph could as well, it's not completely uncontrollable.  It's just dirt with a the equivalent of a protective spell over it.  Or maybe that's exactly what it is, I dunno, Naruto confuses me.

Oh, and wait, the sand armor he wears is separate from the whole "mother sand" thing, so it's a moot point anyways.  She can use that.
#231  July 20, 2015, 09:31:30 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Why does it being his mother's soul prevent Toph from using it?  Different techniques in control, one being telepathic the other spiritual.  Perhaps some resistant force, but nothing someone that can move cities can't overcome.

It's the exact reason why Water Benders need so much just to Blood Bend: They cannot control something that has life or chi or whatever flowing through it that can fight back so to speak.

Gaara's mother's soul is the perfect thing that stops Toph from pulling anything off of that sort at all, even if she could somehow turn his sand against him even if he's controlling it. And besides, he DOES NOT have his Sand Armor up all the time, it's literally for emergencies and Toph would never get him to that state, let alone be able to easily one shot him as they say she can...

#232  July 20, 2015, 09:11:16 pm
  • I see you.
I love you for explaining that better than I ever could. That pretty much sums up what I meant.

#233  July 21, 2015, 05:30:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Spoiler: Also surprised this isn't highly considered (click to see content)
I have only a limited amount of knowledge of non-Beast Wars Transformers stuff but it seems like most of them would be more maneuverable than a great number of mobile suits; even if their weaponry couldn't get through luna titanium at first, they'd eventually be able to wear it down (just like even a Zaku machine gun would eventually be able to wear it down, theoretically). And I'm also assuming Newtype precognition and what not wouldn't work when facing off against an alien life form, especially since they're fully mechanical!

I think you'd have to go up to the big guns to start getting an even match up (so, no RX-78-2, but maybe the V2, God, the crazier Wing and SEED suits, and so on). I can't imagine there'd be a lot of Transformers that could stand up to the Turn A, though!

Can we seriously get JMorphman in here or someone with some experience reading Superman comics that can debunk the dumb "limitless" arguments? Because doesn't him needing to sundip to do some of his biggest feats or him even getting knocked out kinda destroys the whole "limitless" schtick?
I mean... I dunno, I'm not sure I would describe Superman as being totally limitless, always, but it also kind of feels like it's part of his entire concept? But simultaneously, he's clearly not omnipotent, he can't solve every single problem with his powers? I'm not really sure how to phrase this, and it's made especially difficult because there's so many different interpretations and visions of Superman, and this whole limitless concept applies differently to each one.

Like, take the Silver Age Superman, we all know how much absolutely fucking insane stuff he could do. I'm borrowing heavily from Glen Weldon's excellent Superman: The Unauthorized Biography here, but there's almost an undercurrent, never quite made explicit, that Superman is so absurdly powerful that he's basically solved crime(!?). There's no muggers in Metropolis, petty crime has essentially ended. The only thing threatening the fine citizens of Metropolis are bizarre supervillain plots and the ever present threat of freak meteor showers and the like. So instead, Superman's got a lot of free time, and he spends a huge amount of that teaching his friends and loved ones bizarre and incredibly harsh "lessons" (and thus, the fabled, not really accurate label of Superdickery).

More recently, there have been a number of takes on the character that highlight those limits, some Superman is put in situations where he can't save everyone: some good (the Eisner winning Hitman #34), some bad (Man of Steel). But that's not exactly new, either, even Silver Age Superman couldn't save his adopted parents, the Kents (although that was because they were infected by an ancient and deadly virus from a pirate treasure chest). So there's definitely always been an aspect of Superman that he's not omnipotent, he can't solve every problem, but at the same time, there's an equally important (if not moreso) aspect of Superman that he will always, always try his hardest to push past any limitation, always striving, and 99% of the time succeeding in saving everyone.

so uh yeah I guess I kinda feel like both "Superman will overcome any limitation" and "even Superman has limitations" are both equally valid aspects of the character, somehow? I'm not really sure how that would apply to this Death Battle, though!

well that was a good deathbattle. superman is overpowered and boring
I thought you were talking about Superman, not Goku :)
#234  July 21, 2015, 05:43:34 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
there are few things sweeter than the tears of a fanboy  :twisted:
#235  July 21, 2015, 06:06:10 am
    • USA
The point was to be the faces of Transformers and Gundam.  RX-78-2 is THE Gundam, and who doesn't know Optimus Prime?  Though he's kinda Space Robot Jesus, I didn't expect it to be an entirely fair fight (I mean, I think you can ground him if sticking to G1 alone, ignoring comics, High Moon or Devestation.  I don't think he had the ability to fly there).

I'm not sure I would describe Superman as being totally limitless, always
Therein lies the problem with Death Battle's view on it.  They want them both at the max they could be, rather than as they are.  I'm starting to feel a bit like a record, but that debunk from the last match feels like it would be the right way to take Superman as he is normally.

As for Garra and bloodbending, I thought the issue there was that it was organic, it was a physical part of their body.  Ghost sand....isn't?  It's mixing concepts of science and spiritual magic that don't make sense!  It's like, I dunno, arguing who controls Lion-O's Sword of Omens better, him or Magneto.

But the sand armor not being up seems silly, of course he would have it up in a fight.  He's an important political figure, and runs on the motto of a good defense being the best offensive.  Does it actually say in the manga that he chooses to not use it in fights that could cost him his life?
#236  July 21, 2015, 06:44:48 am

It's the exact reason why Water Benders need so much just to Blood Bend: They cannot control something that has life or chi or whatever flowing through it that can fight back so to speak.

Gaara's mother's soul is the perfect thing that stops Toph from pulling anything off of that sort at all, even if she could somehow turn his sand against him even if he's controlling it. And besides, he DOES NOT have his Sand Armor up all the time, it's literally for emergencies and Toph would never get him to that state, let alone be able to easily one shot him as they say she can...

amon can water bend anyone without even doing any stance or a full moon.
#237  July 21, 2015, 06:50:24 am
  • The Goddess Returns

Well atleast you explained it better than them, still find it hilarious that basically Superman is more like Goku than I thought lol.

amon can water bend anyone without even doing any stance or a full moon.

Well he's an anomaly(never watched Korra but I do know he's a Blood Bender) but in the original series, the practitioner needed a certain stance and a full moon to do Blood Bending and tried teaching Katara it.

#238  July 21, 2015, 07:10:19 am
well you're probably right his father and brother could blood bend too even without the full moon but they still do stances and amon has a precise control over his power he can even counter other blood benders with him bending his own body.
#239  July 28, 2015, 03:45:38 am
    • USA

Moving on from Goku V Superman: Lies & Slander, there's a new One Minute Melee.  Rather odd choice, too.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#240  July 29, 2015, 07:20:01 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
They said superman is weak to someone with "magic" weird huh.......

also they should make this a real death battle.

I don't care who wins, because it would probably be interesting to watch, even though without a doubt sonic might just pull out the chaos emeralds and go super lol
this website is stupid