YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18067859 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#561  March 17, 2016, 05:31:35 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The point I'm trying to make is that they didn't really get anything wrong here.  The whole "Kamiya said Bayonetta was stronger" is born of nothing more than a misunderstanding of his joke, because cultural shit like that is easily lost in translation.  If you're a Bayonetta fan and you're upset by the outcome, well that's fine and I can't really blame you, but I only posted in this thread because I wanted to bring light to the fact that Kamiya never outright stated anything concrete either way.  People just took his joke at face value and ran with it.
#562  March 17, 2016, 06:16:54 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#563  March 17, 2016, 06:27:23 am
    • USA
It's as I said, the result is not what concerns him, he is genuinely tired of hearing about the concept itself. 
#564  March 17, 2016, 07:38:39 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Watched the extended OMM of Mac vs Ippo.. holy shit, was amazing, so much better than the original one.
#565  March 18, 2016, 05:10:30 pm
  • hecc
People kept saying "Bayonetta killed a god!" as their reasoning as to why she should have won.....
uhm, didn't Dante do the same thing? DMC1's Mundus might as well be the equivalent of a god. Or that giant godlike statue in DMC4 (Pretty sure it was called "Savior")? I really don't see how people doubted Dante would win.
Yeah Bayonetta is powerful too, but to Dante this was just another day at work for him.
Still that was one of the best DB animations I've ever seen from them, but my only complaint is their fandubbing is.....ehh......I mean I get it if they couldn't get Reuben Langdon for Dante and whoever Bayonetta's voice actress is, but I think they could've at least just used voice clips from the games. Whoever was voicing Dante in that video sounded like if Reuben Langdon swallowed a shitload of helium before he recorded.
Its really just a minor complaint from me though, the video was still pretty great and I'm excited to see whats to come from their next videos.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:15:00 pm by TemmieZX

lui

#566  March 18, 2016, 06:00:57 pm
    • USA
they're both OP as fuck, don't really care about the winner, i was just glad torian animated them beautifully <3
#567  March 18, 2016, 06:52:03 pm
    • USA
People kept saying "Bayonetta killed a god!" as their reasoning as to why she should have won.....
uhm, didn't Dante do the same thing? DMC1's Mundus might as well be the equivalent of a god. Or that giant godlike statue in DMC4 (Pretty sure it was called "Savior")? I really don't see how people doubted Dante would win.
Yeah Bayonetta is powerful too, but to Dante this was just another day at work for him.
Still that was one of the best DB animations I've ever seen from them, but my only complaint is their fandubbing is.....ehh......I mean I get it if they couldn't get Reuben Langdon for Dante and whoever Bayonetta's voice actress is, but I think they could've at least just used voice clips from the games. Whoever was voicing Dante in that video sounded like if Reuben Langdon swallowed a shitload of helium before he recorded.
Its really just a minor complaint from me though, the video was still pretty great and I'm excited to see whats to come from their next videos.

This literally cannot happen.  When an actor is contracted to do work for a specific character or company they can't do that character for another company.  This is why despite Chris Sabat voicing Snake for this show he couldn't voice Vegeta.  Unless Capcom specifically gave them the okay then they couldn't use Reuben even if he was willing to.

As for the god thing, this is the equation

Bayonetta kills a weakened Jubileus and neededed Jeanne's help.
Dante kills full powered Mundus who created an entire universe for the sole purpose of getting to fight Dante one day.

Bayonetta's feats are extremely exaggerated especially compared to Dante's.  People conveniently leave out that Jubileus was weakened and Bayonetta still couldn't finish the fight on her own. 
#568  March 19, 2016, 12:19:30 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
ok, first my fanboy cry

now with that out of the way

the real problem was Bayo durability , she may be able to do things Dante can't but its not like she can tank what he can
#569  March 19, 2016, 09:49:38 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
New OMM
Heihachi vs Geese

Spoilers discussion
#570  March 19, 2016, 09:55:46 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

This literally cannot happen.  When an actor is contracted to do work for a specific character or company they can't do that character for another company.  This is why despite Chris Sabat voicing Snake for this show he couldn't voice Vegeta.  Unless Capcom specifically gave them the okay then they couldn't use Reuben even if he was willing to.

Dante kills full powered Mundus who created an entire universe for the sole purpose of getting to fight Dante one day.

Bayonetta's feats are extremely exaggerated especially compared to Dante's.  People conveniently leave out that Jubileus was weakened and Bayonetta still couldn't finish the fight on her own.

Actually you missed the same thing for Dante:

While Dante did not fight a weakened Mundus, he did NOT fight Mundus without help:

- He had the complete Sparda Sword which gave him the powers of Sparda, you know, the guy who sealed Mundus
- At the final battle, Dante COULDN'T defeat the weakened as hell Mundus without Trish, the being Mundus created with his own powers, giving him a boost to reseal him again.

So yeah, Bayonetta needed help defeating a weakened Jubileus, but so did Dante on 2 occasions with Mundus.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#571  March 20, 2016, 12:21:02 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
New OMM
Heihachi vs Geese
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNV_pcRCd0[/youtube]

Spoilers discussion

it seems I have to sub to that new channel to see OMM again, yet I don't want to end up watching everything else that i have no intrest in watching, guess I well have to just keep checking the forums here, also to answer your discussion

also SNK need to try crossing over with Namco
#572  March 20, 2016, 04:00:20 am
    • USA

While Dante did not fight a weakened Mundus, he did NOT fight Mundus without help:

- He had the complete Sparda Sword which gave him the powers of Sparda, you know, the guy who sealed Mundus
- At the final battle, Dante COULDN'T defeat the weakened as hell Mundus without Trish, the being Mundus created with his own powers, giving him a boost to reseal him again.

So yeah, Bayonetta needed help defeating a weakened Jubileus, but so did Dante on 2 occasions with Mundus.

>He had the full Sparda sword

So?  He had a weapon.  If you're going to pull semantics like that then Bayo and Dante both go into every battle with tons of help because a bunch of their weapons are forged from demons (devil arms in Dante's case, Rodin made weapons in Bayo's case).

Also Trish did not help Dante defeat Mundus, she helped SEAL Mundus.  Dante had already beaten him when Trish came in.

On top of that, Dante defeated other full powered deities in the form of Argosax the Chaos and The Savior.  Either way you spin it he's still above Bayo in terms of feats. 
#573  March 20, 2016, 06:34:54 am
    • UK
New OMM
Heihachi vs Geese
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNV_pcRCd0[/youtube]

Spoilers discussion

but....he trained a bear martial arts dude....and can attack through solid robot
also fights devil people for a living....heck even his devil zombie wife is asking akuma mattata to sort him out
geese lost to terry twice...is terry a devil mang?

No research after all though so i ain't really rooting for anyone in matches like these...

lui

#574  March 20, 2016, 07:28:57 am
    • USA
shit dawg akuma being forced to kill heihachi isn't a big deal, considering that he sucks at killing people :v
#575  March 20, 2016, 09:59:12 am
  • The Goddess Returns

>He had the full Sparda sword

So?  He had a weapon.  If you're going to pull semantics like that then Bayo and Dante both go into every battle with tons of help because a bunch of their weapons are forged from demons (devil arms in Dante's case, Rodin made weapons in Bayo's case).

Also Trish did not help Dante defeat Mundus, she helped SEAL Mundus.  Dante had already beaten him when Trish came in.

On top of that, Dante defeated other full powered deities in the form of Argosax the Chaos and The Savior.  Either way you spin it he's still above Bayo in terms of feats.

I think you completely missed the point...

The Sparda Sword is never categorized as a typical sword to anyone whatsoever, it's blatantly stated to be a damn powerful sword that holds Sparda's own energies into that thing(that's why Dante's DT turns him INTO Sparda). Trying to pretend that it barely matters is just insane.

And yes, he DID need Trish's help to seal off Mundus after that because Dante damn sure couldn't kill him even after being weakened to shit, so what does that seriously tell you?

And are you telling me that the fucking SAVIOR is somewhat equivalent to Jubileus or Loptr? News flash dude, DANTE was supposed to be the core of The Savior and even after that nothing that it showed after absorbing Nero shows it not even being remotely close to Jubileus at half power or Loptr with both Eyes...not even close.
And Argosax has shown nothing but hype and words from a game that's hard to even say is canon anymore. And I know since I played DMC2 and paid real good attention to that game and Argosax nor the The Despair Embodied showed anything of being an equal of Mundus.

So no, I'm definitely not putting either The Savior nor Argosax or Despair Embodied on the same level as Weakened Jubileus or Loptr.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#576  March 24, 2016, 02:26:20 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

They sound so half-hearted in this analysis.  Or is it just me?

Spoiler: The opponent is... (click to see content)
#577  March 26, 2016, 09:41:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
We all know that ganon is going to win this death battle
#578  March 30, 2016, 03:37:51 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Ganon's setup is here

#579  March 31, 2016, 01:13:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I have to say, the more I anticipate this match, the more I'm reminded what a load of nonsense Peach vs Zelda was.  Now I'm doubly hoping for Ganon to come away with the easy win.

The Anakin parallel cut-off was funny though.
#580  April 02, 2016, 12:25:49 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The Perfect Matchup.