YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18139882 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1101  October 26, 2016, 03:32:55 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
skip to 0:25 for Hulk

#1102  October 26, 2016, 05:29:03 pm
    • UK
tbh, im not really hyped for this as i dont really like either character
#1103  October 29, 2016, 05:11:55 pm
    • UK
The silhouettes in the credits are ken and Paul
That's the next match I guess

eyup

Clever how they got paul and ken moving and fighting in their respective game style( kens dashing and parrying, pauls running and juggling)

ok, next match up is Joseph joestar young vs edward elric
i know fuck all about FMA

whats edward got against a tommy gun, a barrage of grenades, extremely good battle strategy(with plan Bs) and the power of hamon?
#1104  October 29, 2016, 06:11:32 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Edward's prowess with alchemy can have him manipulate pretty much any object at any given time; creating weapons, obstacles and whatnot just out of the environment, as well as making blades on his artificial arm. He's also really competent in hand-to-hand combat, being trained at a young age. He's also pretty intelligent, and carries a good amount of focus in his combat situations.

It'll be interesting to see what they'll come up with on this fight, really.  :D
#1105  October 30, 2016, 06:03:00 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm more adept with Edward knowledge than Joseph, mainly because I know jack about him.  So of those examples, guns are fairly useless.  Not in that they can't hurt or kill Edward, just there'll never be a chance, Ed's got easy cover anywhere there's tangible solid ground, and he's a quick little bugger.  Same for grenades, heck, Edward can even just make cannons the size of houses shooting whatever's around condensed into a cannon shots, so he's got the bigger explosives.  Strategy, Ed's both laid down some complex convoluted plans pretending to lose his temper when called short when it was all just a ruse....as well as just lost his temper over being called short and abandoned a great plan.  So eh, either way.  Joseph probably has the strength advantage just by being older and bigger, but Edward specializes specifically in fighting people bigger and tougher than him, he spars with his suit of armor of a brother in martial arts.

Judging solely from Joseph's wiki page I just brought up, it sounds like Edward's more than capable of handling him, especially as Joseph specializes in stage magic and Edward makes it a habit to show up the folly of magic and misdirection and easily sees through such things.  But as I understand it, Jojo has some sort of rule where it's impossible to detect Stands unless you own one yourself, no magic or science can track them.  But then again, this is OMM, so who cares.
#1106  October 30, 2016, 06:42:17 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Joseph attacks can go through solid walls and steel. His fighting stye relies on turning insignificant objects like Coca Cola caps or soap bubbles into weapons, and turn weapons like crossbows into lethal weapons that can take down literal giants, so he isn't any less resourceful than Edward. Same style also demands an insane physical condition to master it, so he must be both stronger and more nimble than Edward. Oh, and it can also expel regular poisons and heal his injuries to a degree.

That silhouette matches the younger Joseph from Battle Tendency. He didn't discover hermit purple until late in his life, so he can't use his stand at that stage (but then again it's OMM so fuck research).

Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:55:01 am by Old Wrinkled Scrotum
#1107  October 30, 2016, 01:04:09 pm
    • UK
my comment didn't post, but yeah. what he said

fighting a suit of armour isn't a good comparison since..... joseph fought the pillarmen....
#1108  October 30, 2016, 07:18:38 pm
    • USA
soap bubbles into weapons
???

So what, Pokémon's Bubblebeam, they're so compressed with air they explode violently when popped or something?

I'm sure they have reason to see it a fair fight between the two.  Just seems Edward has more going for me.  I mean, yeah, punching giants might beat out taking on a suit of armor given life, but then Edward punched out God.  Sorta.  Either way, being OMM it don't matter much, just if there were research put into it I'd imagine Ed's got the advantage, especially if Joseph apparently doesn't get his stand.  But wouldn't be surprised if Ed lost, Jojo supposedly goes through some crazy stuff.  Be like Kenshin's match, having one-off appearances from other slightly less popular anime characters lose when they show, matching them up to someone similar in another series who's not nearly as important but stronger in their universe.

Not exactly Cell versus that Hunter x Hunter guy who died from a bomb power difference here.

Anyways, so that happened.
Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:23:01 pm by Long John Killer
#1109  October 30, 2016, 08:37:37 pm
    • UK
animation rewind did theirs, now DBX
and Hyperguage are spriting theirs

thats 3 trump vs clinton sprites fights

also @long john killer....... him beating god...... is a good feat.....but kars.... its hard to explain everything joseph can do and his wins
just watch jojo pls
#1110  November 01, 2016, 11:54:41 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Well, with the Pillar Men, it was less about absolute direct confrontations 100% of the time, and more about Joseph trying to dick around with them all and finding the best way to deal with them without getting himself killed. Heck, half of the stuff in the final confrontation was situational dumb luck. :P

I won't discredit Joseph's physical prowess, he's pretty strong! But his fights with the Pillar Men were more displays of his intelligence and cunning than actual strength. If we were taking actual research into account, rather than it just being a flashy animation with cool stuff going on, then I'd say that if it wasn't gonna be a tie, then I could see Edward coming out due to the sheer potential he has of being able to use pretty much anything around him for offensive/defensive purposes.
#1111  November 02, 2016, 12:42:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#1112  November 02, 2016, 01:20:30 am
    • USA
    • andreparis@jabber.org
skip to 0:25 for Hulk

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57z3WDqO3pA[/youtube]

oh yea i requested hulk vs doomsday fight to screw attack many times im glad to see this death battle happening
#1113  November 02, 2016, 02:44:34 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Doomsday
#1114  November 02, 2016, 11:08:10 pm
    • USA
No, they're regular bubbles that just happen to be imbued with energy. Hamon practitioners can do that with pretty much everything: wine, scarves, roses, clackers and even spaghetti and penne.
Doesn't sound too far off from Scar's physical deconstruction of matter, runs alchemical energy through anything he touches, but instead lets it deteriorate into its base elements rather than explode.  Hm, but Ed never did beat Scar, did he?  I'd have to re-read the series to be sure.  He of course had his initial encounter when Scar was killing every bloody person with some relation to a state alchemist where Ed lost, but I don't remember if they fought again after that.  Scar kept fairly to himself after reuniting with his people.

Anyways, yeah, Doomsday, sad story, woo.  If they're going for a single death counts, which I doubt because why even bother with Doomsday, who's ability is based on dying and returning, but if they do then yeah, Hulk.  Otherwise until more information they choose to use that they bring up after the fight is shown, and no example of increasing strength surpasses Doomsday's immunities gained from death, then Doomsday is forced to win when Hulk runs out of means to attempt to kill him permanently.  See how that turns out in a week, then.  Maybe that story where Hulk apparently punched a universe into being or whatever that the chat likes to bring up means Hulk is a magic reality warper who manifests his powers through punching or something stupid like that and he can ignore Doomsday's ability.
#1115  November 09, 2016, 03:11:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
You know the drill.

#1116  November 09, 2016, 03:41:24 pm
    • UK
MY GOD IT FELT LIKE I WAS PLAYING MADWORLD, THAT DEATH WAS AMAZING

oh.... no one posted the recent hyper guage video....

as for next time.... i already dont care
#1117  November 09, 2016, 03:47:02 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1118  November 09, 2016, 03:55:14 pm
its actually good. except for that weird pumping thing hulk and doomsday do.
#1119  November 09, 2016, 07:22:30 pm
    • USA
Aw, I don't care about the next guy either.  Drat.  Well, at least they got the right winner here and it was a good fight...if through odd means of explaining how the brain processes anger to explain the win.  Also all those poor gummi bear people Doomsday killed at the beginning.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1120  November 09, 2016, 07:59:35 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Wow,this result was good,but  Banner successfully treated his condition with radiation and was able to maintain enough of his own personality when he became the Hulk to control himself in that form for a short period of time.

It's sad that they used MVC3 model of Hulk,it looked pretty bad.