Dudley by Buckus (Read 83356 times)

Started by BurningSoul, July 07, 2019, 05:21:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dudley by Buckus
#81  September 27, 2020, 02:24:46 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Some late overdue feedback:
-His "Let's fight like gentlemen" intro and has no swing sound when he thrusts his arm like his taunt and two landing effects when he hops twice.
-Super jump is using the normal jump sound effect.
-Landing sound effect is still the old one used in PotS's older characters.
-Dodging sound effects are not the right ones.
-Jumping right after landing causes the landing sound effect not to play.
-There is no swing sound when he misses his throw.
-His kick throw has no envshake on each hit.
-There is no landing effect each time he touches the ground on Rocket Uppercut.
-The 6th to 10th hits of MAX Rolling Thunder has no envshake.
-There's no running dust effect when Short Swing Blow activates.
-Machine Gun Blow has too much knockback and the last hit can sometimes not connect.
-The last hit of Machine Gun Blow should be a strong punch hit sound effect instead of a medium one.
-EX Cross Counter, EX Short Swing Blow and EX Machine Gun Blow stops flashing yellow in the middle of the moves.
-EX Jet Upper will not register the 2nd hit if it connects (It only does when it's blocked).
-The hitspark on the first hit of EX Jet Upper is misaligned (Should be the same position as the normal ones).

I thought I downloaded a broken update as the super jump no longer works, but turns out it was an outdated version. I did just recently, but I still detected this issues after testing. I'll post more if I find anything.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#82  August 14, 2021, 07:19:21 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Some late overdue feedback:
-His "Let's fight like gentlemen" intro and has no swing sound when he thrusts his arm like his taunt and two landing effects when he hops twice.
-Super jump is using the normal jump sound effect.
-Landing sound effect is still the old one used in PotS's older characters.
-Dodging sound effects are not the right ones.
-Jumping right after landing causes the landing sound effect not to play.
-There is no swing sound when he misses his throw.
-His kick throw has no envshake on each hit.
-There is no landing effect each time he touches the ground on Rocket Uppercut.
-The 6th to 10th hits of MAX Rolling Thunder has no envshake.
-There's no running dust effect when Short Swing Blow activates.
-Machine Gun Blow has too much knockback and the last hit can sometimes not connect.
-The last hit of Machine Gun Blow should be a strong punch hit sound effect instead of a medium one.
-EX Cross Counter, EX Short Swing Blow and EX Machine Gun Blow stops flashing yellow in the middle of the moves.
-EX Jet Upper will not register the 2nd hit if it connects (It only does when it's blocked).
-The hitspark on the first hit of EX Jet Upper is misaligned (Should be the same position as the normal ones).

I thought I downloaded a broken update as the super jump no longer works, but turns out it was an outdated version. I did just recently, but I still detected this issues after testing. I'll post more if I find anything.

All fixed,I'm not sure about EX Jet Upper second hit,But I fixed everything triple checked,also adjusted all damage values,Restored Max Rolling to LV2,Removed AI var thingy and made it into AIlevel,edited ai using some references(Credits to Jman and Karma),Fixed ALP hitspark not appearin,Parry's were done same way as DW/Pots/Jman/Karma ,Some damage scaling done in scrub ways cause I'm not well with Pots dampeners,First Post Updated with a Proper Video
Had issues with CC/Excel implementation so completely turned it off,also I like Max Mode more,so RIP CC lovers
Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 07:41:10 pm by BurningSoul
#83  August 14, 2021, 10:19:15 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
One more Update,same link,extravagant helped out with clsns,more updates to come,AI got updated again(Thanks Pots,Karma,Jman) for references
#84  August 14, 2021, 11:42:16 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for this update buddy!

PS: How I can remove the dialogue Intros with Vanessa, Balrog etc?

Sometimes, Rolling Thunder super don't hit the last punch and P2 can escape before Dudley make the last punch of this move too.
Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 12:33:27 am by Akito
#85  August 15, 2021, 12:37:14 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I can't judge too well as I don't play as him but there's a lot to cover in terms of feedback and it's mostly gameplay related:

1. Back Jump is a Forward Jump, unless it's a Super Jump.

2. Walking Forward, Running and Crouching creates a split-second clone.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

3. Crouching Light Punch, Medium Punch and Light Kick usually trigger an automatic Crouch Heavy Punch upon hitting.

4. The 2nd Hit of EX Cross Counter doesn't connect.

5. MAX Rolling Thunder's final hit doesn't connect in time.

6. Damage is his biggest problem because it's too little. F+HK does 7 damage and the Supers are probably the biggest offender, with his Level 3 doing the damage of a Level 1. This makes him almost useless against a traditional PotS-style release. If this were adjusted, he'd probably be a fine gentlemen to play as.

If you need any of this demonstrated, I'll provide video footage. He's close to being great, he just need the fixes.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 12:41:25 am by RagingRowen
#86  August 15, 2021, 02:58:45 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I can't judge too well as I don't play as him but there's a lot to cover in terms of feedback and it's mostly gameplay related:

1. Back Jump is a Forward Jump, unless it's a Super Jump.

2. Walking Forward, Running and Crouching creates a split-second clone.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

3. Crouching Light Punch, Medium Punch and Light Kick usually trigger an automatic Crouch Heavy Punch upon hitting.

4. The 2nd Hit of EX Cross Counter doesn't connect.

5. MAX Rolling Thunder's final hit doesn't connect in time.

6. Damage is his biggest problem because it's too little. F+HK does 7 damage and the Supers are probably the biggest offender, with his Level 3 doing the damage of a Level 1. This makes him almost useless against a traditional PotS-style release. If this were adjusted, he'd probably be a fine gentlemen to play as.

If you need any of this demonstrated, I'll provide video footage. He's close to being great, he just need the fixes.

All fixed,also I have killed chains,we dont need those anymore,
Dialogue is removed as well
#87  August 15, 2021, 03:22:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Much better. Damage still needs buffed though.

The Damage Dampener should also be changed to that of modern PotS, because cancelling from Machine Gun Blow for example makes the damage worse and it isn't rewarding.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#88  August 15, 2021, 07:47:34 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Much better. Damage still needs buffed though.

The Damage Dampener should also be changed to that of modern PotS, because cancelling from Machine Gun Blow for example makes the damage worse and it isn't rewarding.

I have no ideea how to implement that properly,I can use some help with that
#89  August 17, 2021, 02:24:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
I have some feedback, other than the damage, his ex-machine gun blow cant be super canceled, and it's useless cause you can't do anything after it, and his lights randomly cancel to cr heavy punch like a target combo ( same with Lk), and speaking of target combos, he also needs the target combos he's missing. I would also highly recommend using Custom combo instead of max mode(also the max mode startup animation is messed up). The final thing is the crouching animation having no animation, but other than that, your Dudley has tons of potential to be the best POTS Dudley.
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:30:35 pm by Bluekuma
#90  August 17, 2021, 03:40:41 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I have some feedback, other than the damage, his ex-machine gun blow cant be super canceled, and it's useless cause you can't do anything after it, and his lights randomly cancel to cr heavy punch like a target combo ( same with Lk), and speaking of target combos, he also needs the target combos he's missing. I would also highly recommend using Custom combo instead of max mode(also the max mode startup animation is messed up). The final thing is the crouching animation having no animation, but other than that, your Dudley has tons of potential to be the best POTS Dudley.

Thanks for your feedback,I'm on it all of this tho I genuinely love Max more then CC so I'm probably keeping it.
#91  August 17, 2021, 04:16:57 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
understandable, could you put CC as an option for people who like CC more. Doesn't hurt to at least have it as an option. Also look into this video to see how Dudley combos work and base it around that when you do the adjustments,
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:20:42 pm by Bluekuma
#92  August 18, 2021, 08:55:08 am
    • Netherlands
Thanks for the update!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#93  August 19, 2021, 05:20:43 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/

I think there must be something in the base coding of this character that has issues with add004 compatibility, I'm not sure if there's a way this can be fixed but I'm pretty sure this is the same issue I've had with Buckus' original as well as Mr. Ansatsuken's edit. I'll give him a try in Ikemen go without it as well, but I figured I may as well point this out
#94  August 19, 2021, 11:23:57 am
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
asked at Ikemen server,you are probably using an outdated ikemen,time go GO heh
Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 11:41:38 am by BurningSoul
#95  August 20, 2021, 01:48:36 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I'll try him in the other build I've made with the updated version of Ikemen Go, the version I think I tried him on was 0.95
#96  August 21, 2021, 01:49:13 am
    • USA
2nd feedback:
-The landing effects on intro 1-1 are slightly misaligned, the timing is off and has no landing sound effect on them.
-The running animation now only has one step sound.
-The forward run and back dash has no sound effect on the startups when the dash dust is played.
-The landing sound effect on the back dash and the intro where he touches the ground from jumping or is the wrong one.
-The guard sparks on the basic attacks are bugged as it's a small version of the standing sprite.
-Both versions of Rocket Uppercut is now missing it's wind effects.
-Rocket Uppercut still doesn't have landing effects every time he touches the ground and jump sound effects for each leap.
-Corkscrew Blow, Rocket Uppercut and Corkscrew Cross has no guard spark sound effects.

Is it me or this update is more buggier than the previous one? Some of these issues weren't present before and now made it worse. Did you use an older version of the character or something?
#97  August 21, 2021, 09:00:54 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
2nd feedback:
-The landing effects on intro 1-1 are slightly misaligned, the timing is off and has no landing sound effect on them.
-The running animation now only has one step sound.
-The forward run and back dash has no sound effect on the startups when the dash dust is played.
-The landing sound effect on the back dash and the intro where he touches the ground from jumping or is the wrong one.
-The guard sparks on the basic attacks are bugged as it's a small version of the standing sprite.
-Both versions of Rocket Uppercut is now missing it's wind effects.
-Rocket Uppercut still doesn't have landing effects every time he touches the ground and jump sound effects for each leap.
-Corkscrew Blow, Rocket Uppercut and Corkscrew Cross has no guard spark sound effects.

Is it me or this update is more buggier than the previous one? Some of these issues weren't present before and now made it worse. Did you use an older version of the character or something?

I apoligize,I fucked up again,all fixed
also he no longer autocombos normals,was trying to use a cheap knockoff way to do combos turns out it didnt work and caused auto combos in normals
EX Machine Gun Blow launches higher
#98  August 22, 2021, 06:18:01 am
    • USA
3rd feedback:
-Intro 1-2 has the wrong landing sound effect when he jumps out of the car and touches the ground, which should be (52,0).
-The landing effect on the back dash has two sounds and neither of them is the correct one. Should only be one and it's (52,0).
-The punch throw has no swing sound when it missed.
-The swing sound's timing on the kick throw is off.
-Standing LP has no light punch swing sound and doesn't play the voice clip consistently.
-His taunt has a normal guard spark instead of a special one when the flower is blocked and has no guard sound effect.
-Jet Upper doesn't have a normal jump sound along side the swing sound effect like the EX version does.
-Rolling Thunder has no guard spark sound effects when blocked (I accidentally missed this as it's not listed on the readme as a level 1 super).
-The readme is incorrectly listed for the supers as Rolling Thunder is level 1 and MAX Rolling Thunder is level 2.
-Both versions of Rocket Uppercut still doesn't have a landing effect for the first two times he touches the ground and normal jump sounds on each leap (For the last leap, you can use the super jump equivalent).
-He doesn't glow during his power charge.
-Using MAX mode briefly creates a clone of himself and disappears after he returns to his standing animation (Was he intentionally trying to throw a flower during this state? If so, that caused the clone instead of the flower to appear).
-The dodge sound effect should be the light kick swing sound (Which I noticed does not exist on the snd as only the punch variants such as swing and hit sounds are there).
-The snd has some duplicate sound effects such as (770,0).

This is the rest of the feedback I was going to in-depth looking before the bugs on the previous one happened. I believe this should be all of it.
#99  November 26, 2021, 10:39:27 am
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Happy Thanksgiving to people who celebrate it,Dudley Update is up thanks to awesome help of Kenmasters who's been helpin with Dudley since start
Solidzone's feedback is done,switched over to Pots Dampener
there is a notes folder for other changes so far
Other stuff:
added dampener vars to normals
target combos + dampener TCs
crouch HK no longer cancellable, but juggle with EX uppercut and rocket uppercut
tweaked special uppercut and super uppercut anims based on 3s
fixed dudley landing below the floor by 5 pixels on landing frames during rocket uppercut
increased tempo of machinegun punches hits, normal versions are +3 on hit
ex shortswing blow tweaks: shorter hitpause on first hit, decreased x velocity, increased yaccel
ex ducking uppercut: higher y velocity, more yaccel
corkscrew cross: S physics in custom state so that P2 is less "slidey" on icey

Oh I killed the eyes cs by the way just restored to OG Froz Color Seperation for Buckus's since it has more pals and eyes felt weird
#100  November 26, 2021, 10:42:48 am
    • Netherlands
Thanks for one more update BurningSoul!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"