YesNoOk

SeanAltly's Commissions Thread (Commissions Open, Details on Page 21) (Read 209669 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 16, 2012, 10:30:30 pm
Re: SeanAltly's Commissions Thread
#401  January 22, 2015, 08:54:44 pm
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
As stated before by me, looks great. To anyone who may be on the fence about commissions take it from me that Sean is great and/or cool at what he does and is easy to get in touch with, etc.

i think that you didn't have to recreate the hand motion from the original, it doesn't look like a normal stance movement on a big character.

Thats more on me since I requested to be like that. And it may just be the speed of the gif, as it looks better slowed down a bit like it does from his source game.
Stuff
#402  January 22, 2015, 11:06:33 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Here is Eric Draven. The actual crow is an edit of a sprite I found on Google, but Draven himself is from scratch. Second one is color separation, obviously.

And even though his leather pants legs were pretty loose in most of the pics I found online, here's a version with tighter pants because it looks better.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:24:12 pm by Sean Altly
#403  January 22, 2015, 11:22:30 pm
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
The lower base is kind of a mixture of Garou: MoTW (Mark of The Wolves), because it does seem to to be like that, though i have yet to see the result.

Looks like Eric Draven will hafta wait, though he seems rather good to be on my roster. Carry on your work, Sean.
#404  January 22, 2015, 11:25:25 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks, but just to clarify, there is no base, it was from scratch. Also I updated the post to include a version with what I think is a better looking lower half, though it's less accurate to his look.

Download Last Bout now!
#405  January 23, 2015, 12:12:29 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
That is some excellent stuff Sean, I really like how that came out, I don't mind the pants in either but I agree the tight pants seem better. It's more like the Eric from the comic rather than the Eric Draven from the movie, with the tighter pants I mean.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Really love it, and I can't wait to see Link too, kinda amazed that you were able to capture all the little details despite the limited colour. If I had the money I would have asked you for a full set, anyhow I hope things are getting better for you too man, great work on this again.
#406  January 23, 2015, 05:58:18 am
amazing sprite, and forget what i said earlier.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Re: SeanAltly's Commissions Thread (Now Taking Commissions, Details on Page 21)
#407  August 09, 2021, 03:34:04 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
RESURRECTION

My apartment complex is raising my rent by $225 a month, starting with a $125 bump on the lease I will sign in October, than the rest of it on the next lease. No one is getting raises at my job and I only work around 34 hours a week. Rather than get a second job just to make up for a couple hundred bucks a month, I figured now that I am on the last character for Last Bout, I can refocus some of this productive energy (I've sprited like 6 full characters since February) and open up commissions again!

Right off the bat, I should note that unless we're talking 4 figures, I probably won't be taking full character sheet commissions. Taking too many of those back in the 2010-2012 area is what burned me out and sent me packing for a couple years.

Here are the specifics of my stuff and current prices:

STYLES

I can create sprites in the following styles, listed in order of how adept I am at them:

Pseudo-CVS (Rage of the Dragons, Power Instinct, my own stuff)
CVS
CPS2
King of Fighters (though these are more detailed and will be pricier)

No SF3 sprites, that is admittedly not in my skillset. Basically, what I would like to focus on is single sprites or animations, CVS-conversions for KOF characters on an anim-by-anim basis, or rips of 3D moves converted to 2D (i.e., if you have a SFV or KOFXIV move you want converted and can provide rips or screenshots). If you need examples of my sprites, just peruse this thread and hopefully Photobucket hasn't eaten all of them. Also, I don't do complex color separation. I will sprite in whatever default palette you want but CS will have to be done afterwards unless it is fairly simple.

PRICES

Single Sprites - $10-15 depending on complexity and style
Animations - $20-60 depending on frame count and complexity (no idle/fighting stances, they give me a headache and I mostly outsource these for my own characters)
Full Sheets - Not considering these unless we're talking $1000+, which I understand most people don't have lying around for Mugen. If the design is easy or it's a character I care about, we could negotiate this lower but I will most likely not be doing full sheets

REMEMBER THE GOOD/FAST/CHEAP RULE

Since I do work almost full time, remember that how quickly I get your commissions to you will vary, but a good rule to remember is the Good/Fast/Cheap rule. If you want it to be good and cheap, it won't be fast. If you want it fast and cheap, it won't be good. If you want it good and fast, it won't be cheap.

PAYMENT

I take payment up front for smaller stuff, but if it's a bigger commission we can work something out.

Thanks for checking this out and I hope to hear from some folks soon.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: SeanAltly's Commissions Thread (Commissions Open, Details on Page 21)
#408  August 11, 2021, 09:26:58 am
    • USA
Been waiting on this moment for years it seems lol def sent you a pm
#409  August 12, 2021, 07:44:54 pm
    • Netherlands
I've pm'ed you as well :)

On a side note, if people want to team up to crowdfund a more complete sprite sheet of the existing CvS styled King sprites (Tekken).
Let me know, maybe with a group we can realize that.
I would also be interested co-funding a CvS Demitri (maybe a SvC Chaos conversion?)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#410  August 13, 2021, 11:51:37 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I've pm'ed you as well :)

On a side note, if people want to team up to crowdfund a more complete sprite sheet of the existing CvS styled King sprites (Tekken).
Let me know, maybe with a group we can realize that.
I would also be interested co-funding a CvS Demitri (maybe a SvC Chaos conversion?)

I think Zero de Armentis started a project of converting Demitri from SvC into CvS alongside with other spriters, but I'm not sure. If that's the case and both them and Sean agrees, a crowdfunding could be started using those sprites as base. I remember them having a VERY good quality and I'm pretty sure that Sean's skills matches thems too <3 !!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#411  September 07, 2021, 01:03:18 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Couple of KOFXIII to CVS conversions commissioned by KarmaChameleon recently:

Download Last Bout now!
#412  September 07, 2021, 04:46:54 am
    • Mexico
I don't know if you've been told this but your animations are cleaner than Walter White's meth, god damn.
#413  September 07, 2021, 09:49:32 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Sent you a PM a while ago, but I had the feeling your hands were full. Those anims look top notch!
#414  January 04, 2022, 12:25:19 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Here's a couple of animation commissions I recently did, two of Ken's SF3 crouching kicks converted to CVS

Anyone interested in similar commissions, I am open. If you messaged me back when I first opened commissions and I didn't respond, I was getting several messages at the time and I'll be honest, I may have just forgotten to respond and I apologize. To be clear though, this is the sort of thing I prefer to do right now, single sprites and short animations. I can make single sprites from scratch, but animations usually require a clear reference (which is why I prefer conversions).

Download Last Bout now!
#415  January 06, 2022, 01:47:06 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
All these are superb! :datass:
#416  January 06, 2022, 10:11:42 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks! I'd done like 3 or 4 of Ken's SF3 kicks before for Jmorphman so I had some Ken practice.

Download Last Bout now!
#417  January 06, 2022, 10:43:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I didn't checked frame by frame, but it looks so "official" You can feel the SF3 motion in CVS style.
I'm curious about your steps of conversion.

After resizing etc, do you trace over, or you still keep some pixels from SF3 base, then complete etc?
#418  January 06, 2022, 10:58:17 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well the MK was originally based on an anim that already existed in Mwryly's Ryu, and I was just going to headswap and clean it up but the middle 4 frames needed so much cleanup it was easier to redraw. I kept the close hand, and also the foot on the smear frame, but the rest I resized SF3 frames, blacked them out and drew over them.

The HK was 8 frames 95% redrawn from SF3 Ken, the 5% being some hands and heads from existing CVS Ken frames. Same method, resized, blacked out and drawn over.

Both use some existing CVS Ken at the beginning and end for transitioning from and back to the crouch frame.

Download Last Bout now!
#419  February 09, 2022, 09:53:26 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Another Ken kick, commissioned by Balthazar! It's a completely original kick animation that he did the linework for and I finished.

Download Last Bout now!
#420  February 09, 2022, 10:43:25 pm
    • USA